sivad

moscow embassy interview date list

60 posts in this topic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna say you get a blurb from NVSC about "your packet has been shipped to XXXXX" but that's about it. It'll take anywhere from three weeks to three months before you see that interview date on the website. Don't worry about checking daily... they don't update but once a week.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
does anybody know how often they update this list..also.i called vsc and they said they shipped our packet to the embassy 2 weeks ago,does vsc send you anything in the mail???

It took the embassy something like two weeks to post our interview date after they received the petition from NVC.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
does anybody know how often they update this list..also.i called vsc and they said they shipped our packet to the embassy 2 weeks ago,does vsc send you anything in the mail???

It took the embassy something like two weeks to post our interview date after they received the petition from NVC.

Two weeks sounds about right ... but you can also email the consulate and get all your answers in about four days.

I agree with e-mailing the US Embassy. They should answer you within a few days. They were always helpful to me a few years ago. You will find out your date a lot faster that way. If it was only shipped two weeks ago, I might wait another week before e-mailing.

Good luck in this journey.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had quite a story with that list. I learned about the interview date via e-mail cause I asked them. Then I started to wait for the case number to show on the list. After two weeks I called them and found out that our interview date had changed and nobody bothered to notify me or my fiance even though I was communicating with the embassy constantly about my case. I was horrified as we almost bought airline tickets for the first date they scheduled. :angry:

Normally, they told me, it takes two weeks to post.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

The Moscow embassy has had our packet from NVC since Sept 2. So only one week. So from what I am reading, it normally takes 2-3 weeks to get the interview date? Is this correct? Since Monday was a holiday, I was not going to call them yet. What is the email address to ask them about the interview date? I will wait until next week to email them I guess.

Thanks for any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The Moscow embassy has had our packet from NVC since Sept 2. So only one week. So from what I am reading, it normally takes 2-3 weeks to get the interview date? Is this correct? Since Monday was a holiday, I was not going to call them yet. What is the email address to ask them about the interview date? I will wait until next week to email them I guess.

Thanks for any help.

I'm assuming you've checked the interview list today. It was updated today at about 3pm Central Time. There are quite a few Russian filers from the forum who've received their NOA2s the past few weeks who are also waiting for interview dates.

As you've suggested, it normally takes a few weeks, so no reason for any undue concern just yet. :star:

Thanks for any help.

I'm assuming you've checked the interview list today. It was updated today at about 3pm Central Time. There are quite a few Russian filers from the forum who've received their NOA2s the past few weeks who are also waiting for interview dates.

As you've suggested, it normally takes a few weeks, so no reason for any undue concern just yet. :star:

Yes, we recieved our NOA2 on the 28th of August I think. I tracked the package and it was delivered to them on the 2nd of Sept. I did check the interview list today, and we were not there.... :( Normally I think the website said they update the list on Mondays, but since Monday was a holiday, I guess they were behind. So I figure by the 21st or so we should know a date. If I don't see it by next week, then I will email them.

This has been such a long journey, as I know it has for everyone. I just hope and pray it goes smooth from here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We're a few days ahead of you and also aren't on the list yet, either.

Forget what the website says about being updated on Mondays. It generally seems to happen only once a week, but not necessarily on Mondays --- last week it was on Tuesday.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2-3 weeks is common. The list seems to be updated on an ad hoc basis by somebody who only does it when they feel like it.

Well one must understand that the workers at the US Embassy in Moscow celebrate both US and Russian Holidays.........the Russian Holidays are like every other week there. Just two weeks ago was the Holiday of Moscow followed by Labor Day. I'd want that job for sure!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

We're a few days ahead of you and also aren't on the list yet, either.

Forget what the website says about being updated on Mondays. It generally seems to happen only once a week, but not necessarily on Mondays --- last week it was on Tuesday.

OIC, ok, well, let me know when you get your date. I would appreciate it. I will do the same.

I have been looking at ticket prices for airfare from Moscow to US, and it is not cheap. My fiance has a son, so it will cost me around $1500 or so. Plus the direct flight that used to be from Moscow to Chicago does not exist any longer. She will have to fly into DC or something.

I wonder how it is going to work since really the POE will be someplace else, like DC or Atlanta or whatever. I guess as long as she does not leave the terminal it will be ok.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.