Barry2005

CSC approvals today?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I don't see where everyone is getting confused and why they would think that the following email/case status change would mean they are approved (NOA2).

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 11, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence for information.

[This means that on the 11th of July they received my IMBRA 3 question paperwork which was an RFE, which is fully written out above as "... our request for evidence..."]

However because preliminary processing was complete,

the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in

this message.

[This should tell you right there that you are not approved as they are saying there is still processing time remaining. Tough they are saying it will be less than the stated maximum which I believe is the magic 180 days. Hope no one actually has to wait THAT long.]

You will receive a written decision on this case.

[if the email of status change on the website is confusing wait for the snail mail and then read that. If it doesn't say the words NOA2 or APPROVED then keep waiting.]

You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.

[Which at last update is still sitting at March 3rd for the date of when apps were received.]

Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

[This only pertains to the web/online version of case status as there is no link or URL/web address listed in the email version.]

Hope that cuts to the chase as far as what all the jargon means.

The email that you just posted is the notice of RFE being received at CSC/VSC.

The email he wrote about :

"On July 11, 2006 the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

It is a completely different email. And other people have posted about this email, saying it is infact a NOA2, when they have called CSC & asked what it meant.

Edited by devilette

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, Barry:

I got the same messages "On July 7, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

On July 1, since I had not got my IMBRA RFE, I called the center and also made my address changed. Since then everyday, they touched me. They told me that they pulled out my fills and reviewed. I wish my case got pre-approved. Today finally I received my RFE and I retured it.

Good luck to you!

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi, Barry:

I got the same messages "On July 7, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

On July 1, since I had not got my IMBRA RFE, I called the center and also made my address changed. Since then everyday, they touched me. They told me that they pulled out my fills and reviewed. I wish my case got pre-approved. Today finally I received my RFE and I retured it.

Good luck to you!

I got this message before when they changed my address and mailed my Noa1 to me. I am not expecting anything from them so what could it be that they mailed me I wonder.

So this is my Noa2 or there was some misunderstanding in that other VJ's story. My lawyer's asistant said I am not approved until they say I am approved. Makes sense. No email saying I was approved but then again... I got this status before, when I received my Noa1. Yes PLEASE let me know if he/she receives their NOA2 by post.

Barry, but actually these guys which I told you got ANOTHER change of status before getting RFE (it was a phrase we've sent you RFE) and then later when CSC received RFE, status has changed to ... we've received your request... bla-bla-bla... So IT HAS TO BE SOME GOOD NEWS for you all! GOOD luck!

As for us, we stuck at CSC for no reason after NOA2, they still didn't send us to NVC neither after the date of the first NOA2, nor after second NOA2. So we're probably the most patient guys here... :hehe::(

Mari

Edited by MaClaud

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Barry,

Did you call the NCSC yet? We are hoping to get the RFE in the mail on Saturday when my fiance comes back from work. Btw, he did change his address recently too. But...didn't the other one who received the same email called the NCSC and was told they were really approved pending IMBRA process? It's really hard to speculate, but yes we should wait for the NOA2 before we can actually say we are approved. Good luck to us :)

Jan. 30 - I-212 check fee was cashed (no case # stamped at the back) - no NOA1

Mar. 25 - Engagement

May 05 - I-129F - date of NOA1

May 12 - received I-129F NOA1 from CSC in mail

May 12 - I-129F touched

Jun. 27 - I-129F touched THREE TIMES

(RFE was sent on 6/23....)

- change of address updated

Jul. 04 - I-129F touched

Jul. 05 - I-129F touched

Jul. 10 - I-129F touched (On July 8, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.)

Jul. 11 - I-129F touched

Jul. 14 - IMBRA RFE w/ postmark 7/10 was received in the mail and mailed it back via overnight delivery

Jul. 18 - I-129F touched

Jul. 22 - 2nd IMBRA RFE w/ postmark 7/18 was received in the mail

Jul. 24 - 2nd RFE sent via overnight delivery

Jul. 25 - I-129F touched - status update: RFE received on 7/25

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi Barry,

Did you call the NCSC yet? We are hoping to get the RFE in the mail on Saturday when my fiance comes back from work. Btw, he did change his address recently too. But...didn't the other one who received the same email called the NCSC and was told they were really approved pending IMBRA process? It's really hard to speculate, but yes we should wait for the NOA2 before we can actually say we are approved. Good luck to us :)

1111 - what did you find out about the correct time/place to file the 212?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am a little confused about that too Kitkat. My question would be on what basis was he able to file the I-212 prior to the K-1?

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline
I am a little confused about that too Kitkat. My question would be on what basis was he able to file the I-212 prior to the K-1?

eeeks - I think it was bad advice so I directed 1111 to I2US and Laurel Scott's free immigration chat. My understanding it that you cannot file any waiver until the consular officer denies the visa at the interview in the applicant's country due to the ineligibility and then directs the applicant on which waiver to file. I believe the only time you can submit a waiver in the US directly to a US office is when you are already in the country legally on a valid visa. . . . Sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Timeline

Kitkat from what I have read I think you are right. That was the premise I am working also, although as far as I can determine I will only have to do the 601 waiver of inadmisability. However have given my Fiancee the 212 also just in case. Of course now I am worried thinking I missed something.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Timeline

eeeks - I think it was bad advice so I directed 1111 to I2US and Laurel Scott's free immigration chat. My understanding it that you cannot file any waiver until the consular officer denies the visa at the interview in the applicant's country due to the ineligibility and then directs the applicant on which waiver to file. I believe the only time you can submit a waiver in the US directly to a US office is when you are already in the country legally on a valid visa. . . . Sincerely hope I'm wrong!

Hi Kitkat1,

I was not able to chat with Laura Scott. I checked her website and found out she's specializing in I-601 and not I-212. Also, her chatroom requires java application, which I don't have.

Anyway, it's filed already. I think I have mentioned already that I inquired at the DHS office before I filed it. We clearly declared filing of I-212 in pursuant to I-129F application.

We can only hope for the best, and that is the approval. ;)

Mar. 25 - Engagement

May 12 - I-129F touched

Jul. 04 - I-129F touched

Jul. 05 - I-129F touched

Jul. 10 - I-129F touched (On July 8, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.)

Jul. 11 - I-129F touched

Jul. 14 - IMBRA RFE w/ postmark 7/10 was received in the mail and mailed it back via overnight delivery

Jul. 18 - I-129F touched

Timeline
Kitkat from what I have read I think you are right. That was the premise I am working also, although as far as I can determine I will only have to do the 601 waiver of inadmisability. However have given my Fiancee the 212 also just in case. Of course now I am worried thinking I missed something.

Doug - don't think you need to worry about the 212 - it's for "Persons who wish to enter the United States legally after being deported, removed or who have voluntarily departed the U.S. without an order of deportation may reapply for admission to the United States, if they meet certain qualifications" - not her case, right?

Also, 1111 -- the USCIS website DOES say you can submit the 212 in the US under certain conditions:

If you are in the United States and are applying for adjustment of status under Section 245 of the INA, or are seeking advance permission to reapply prior to your departure from the U.S., submit the application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over the place where you reside.

This leads me to believe that your local USCIS office was misinformed since you are not adjusting status in the US at this point.

If you are abroad and intend to apply for a nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card, submit this application to the American Consul with whom you submit your visa or crossing card application, if instructed to do so by the Consul

This makes me think it will have to be submitted at your consulate since you are applying in conjunction with a nonimmigrant visa.

Laurel Scott does seem to know about more than the 601 from what I have seen. Perhaps you can call her office to ask if she is knowledgable on the 212 and schedule an email consultation just to clear up any confusion?

Timeline

KitKat,

Yes we believe you are right.

She had overstayed a VWP by more than one year but left of her own accord without involvement of immigration or anyone else. Long story, she later returned on VWP and then returned to UK and then was denied entry on second attempt to enter US on VWP (mainly because of lack of ties to UK). We were told she was on 10 year ban for overstay only. I am in process of requesting her records via FOIA to confirm exactly what it says.

My understanding of I-212 clause about voluntary departure from the US without deportation is when you have been caught in illegal status but then leave prior to deportation order. But there is some disagreement even among lawyers on that one. That is why we have the 212 ready to go just in case.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Timeline
My understanding of I-212 clause about voluntary departure from the US without deportation is when you have been caught in illegal status but then leave prior to deportation order. But there is some disagreement even among lawyers on that one. That is why we have the 212 ready to go just in case.

My understanding exactly - doesn't hurt for you to have the 212 ready to go but here's hoping you don't need it!

Timeline

Doug - don't think you need to worry about the 212 - it's for "Persons who wish to enter the United States legally after being deported, removed or who have voluntarily departed the U.S. without an order of deportation may reapply for admission to the United States, if they meet certain qualifications" - not her case, right?

Also, 1111 -- the USCIS website DOES say you can submit the 212 in the US under certain conditions:

If you are in the United States and are applying for adjustment of status under Section 245 of the INA, or are seeking advance permission to reapply prior to your departure from the U.S., submit the application to the Local Office having jurisdiction over the place where you reside.

This leads me to believe that your local USCIS office was misinformed since you are not adjusting status in the US at this point.

If you are abroad and intend to apply for a nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card, submit this application to the American Consul with whom you submit your visa or crossing card application, if instructed to do so by the Consul

This makes me think it will have to be submitted at your consulate since you are applying in conjunction with a nonimmigrant visa.

Laurel Scott does seem to know about more than the 601 from what I have seen. Perhaps you can call her office to ask if she is knowledgable on the 212 and schedule an email consultation just to clear up any confusion?

Kitkat1,

I understand your point, and we are aware of the conditions specified on the I-212 form. As far as I know, the SFDO accepted my application and never rejected it nor returned it to me. They informed me they have forwarded it to CSC for processing. Actually, after the appropriate agency gathered the necessary information on my case, they will forward it back to SFDO for a final decision. If they are processing my application, that means I will get a result after they are done with the processing. I just filed it ahead and did not wait for the consul's recommendation. To tell you honestly, I was able to talk to a US consul general, and he told me I can file it ahead with a pending petition.

We already have an attorney waiting to render his service on this matter, Reeves and Gurfinkle.

Mar. 25 - Engagement

May 12 - I-129F touched

Jul. 04 - I-129F touched

Jul. 05 - I-129F touched

Jul. 11 - I-129F touched

Jul. 18 - I-129F touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.