Beth/ Paris Heart

Prays for Kenza

43 posts in this topic

The best of the best Kenza!!

Good luck dear, I hope you get what you have been waiting for (F)

Prayers to you 'enza - hope to read good news in tye morn incha allah!

Looks like miss-spelling happens when i'm on my blackberry. I will retype.

Prayers to you Kenza- hope to read good news in the morn, incha allah!

I just thought it a nice new nickname for her :P;)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not jumping and screaming just yet. He just called me and hasn't given me the full details, but he said it went well but the process was long. He was asked:

when did you meet? and then she said isn't she young to be married

What will you do there?

and another question that I will repost later when he tells me everything cuz i forgot lol

I asked him if she said your approved or congratulations and he said no, but she said ok if everything is fine you will get your visa within 6 to 10 days and they took his passport. I asked him if he asked about AP and he didn't...

Its sounds positive Kenza. Cant wait to read your full post of interview. I bet he is glad that part is completed.

Was there any question concerning the expiration of his French Residency card? and coming to U.S. before expiration

Not that I know of, but she said you have 6 months to enter the US

Im soooo happy for you and him Kenza!!!!! Your journey is coming to end, but your going to end it together in USA. Very best wishes for a wonderful life together!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sounds like GREAT news Kenza! I'll dance lol :dance:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

You know how these visas are issued in groups.

The fact that they requested the passport is assuring news. :yes:

You are in the finale lady....thank GOD he is GREAT!! :D

What are your plans once he gets the visa in hand?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ok so here is everything in detail to the best of my memory.

His interview was at 1:00 but they didn't even start calling people until 1:30. There were 5 people in front of him and all but one were either Moroccans, Tunisians, or Algerians. The couple that weren't (they were probably French) had their passport taken. The other four were handed back their passports!-which is why I believe my husband was approved despite them not saying approved or congratulations.

They grilled my husband with questions and I feel bad because it seems like all my husband was doing was defending their accusations (right word?). Questions that were asked were:

When will you go the US? as soon as I get the visa (in French)

September or October? September (in French)

Do you speak English? Yes (Rest of interview was in English)

Where did you learn to speak English? In high school and college

When did you meet? summer of 2004

How did you meet? (was asked again by another person at another desk)

When did you get married? December 27, 2008

Isn't she too young to get married and when you met she was just a child?

Do you have a French police certificate that is within 3 months? no, I sent one to NVC but I have a new Moroccan one-she took it

Is she your cousin? Yes-ahh they found out! they don't miss anything! cuz his mom's last name is the same as mine

Is her dad unemployed? the employment verification is dated 2008? ahh, again, my dad got it from his boss right before he left for Qatar and there was a typo, supposed to be 2009 NOT 2008. My husband defended this by stating that yes he is still employed by the same company look at his pay stubs dating just a couple months ago.

What will you do there? I am a computer science engineer so I am sure that I will find a job

Do you have a copy of her passport? no, but I have her original birth certificate

That's all of them I think...

They took his passport and said IF (?) everything is ok, you will get your visa within 6-10 days. In the beginning, before all the questions, he was told he has 6 months to enter the US and that he also has to bring his medical results and x ray to the port of entry.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

His interview was at 1:00 but they didn't even start calling people until 1:30. There were 5 people in front of him and all but one were either Moroccans, Tunisians, or Algerians. The couple that weren't (they were probably French) had their passport taken. The other four were handed back their passports!-which is why I believe my husband was approved despite them not saying approved or congratulations.

They grilled my husband with questions and I feel bad because it seems like all my husband was doing was defending their accusations (right word?). Questions that were asked were:

Do you have a French police certificate that is within 3 months? no, I sent one to NVC but I have a new Moroccan one-she took it

Is she your cousin? Yes-ahh they found out! they don't miss anything! cuz his mom's last name is the same as mine

Is her dad unemployed? the employment verification is dated 2008? ahh, again, my dad got it from his boss right before he left for Qatar and there was a typo, supposed to be 2009 NOT 2008. My husband defended this by stating that yes he is still employed by the same company look at his pay stubs dating just a couple months ago.

What will you do there? I am a computer science engineer so I am sure that I will find a job

Do you have a copy of her passport? no, but I have her original birth certificate

They took his passport and said IF (?) everything is ok, you will get your visa within 6-10 days. In the beginning, before all the questions, he was told he has 6 months to enter the US and that he also has to bring his medical results and x ray to the port of entry.

Sounds good Kenza... I think the "if" might be due to the police cert that he didnt have maybe??? Perhaps they need to check the files to make sure that NVC got it :unsure: everything else sounds good. Being cousins is nothing out of the norm for your guys' culture, so no biggie...im sure they get that. :thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Sounds good Kenza... I think the "if" might be due to the police cert that he didnt have maybe??? Perhaps they need to check the files to make sure that NVC got it :unsure: everything else sounds good. Being cousins is nothing out of the norm for your guys' culture, so no biggie...im sure they get that. :thumbs:

Kenza, thank you for posting. Its is very helpful. I have now a clue what to expect at interview IF we interview there.

Again, sounds good for your hubby, Im happy for you and him.

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

Beth, I'm here for you whenever you need me (L)(F):luv:

Another thing to add, They didn't ask for ANY evidence!

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Beth, I'm here for you whenever you need me (L)(F):luv:

Another thing to add, They didn't ask for ANY evidence!

Kenza, I know and thank you, I know you have lots on your mind now, and you know now what is on my mind, I need to talk to hubby, maybe Algeria.

Check your PM again Sis, please.

Truly happy!!!

Timeline
I think since they didn't ask for evidence, that's good. They didn't ask us either and we were approved without AP. As for the cousins, that's good also. Surely they don't think he would "use" or commit "fraud" with his own cousin, right? I think it's good news! :yes:

True, true, true! Thanks so much for your reassurance :dance:

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

I think since they didn't ask for evidence, that's good. They didn't ask us either and we were approved without AP. As for the cousins, that's good also. Surely they don't think he would "use" or commit "fraud" with his own cousin, right? I think it's good news! :yes:

True, true, true! Thanks so much for your reassurance :dance:

Kenza, for the evidnece for us IF we interview in Paris, they will already have the 12 pound notebook I sent to CSC for our RFE. All I do now is add to the copy I kept of what I sent them, LOL. Its up to 14 pounds now, LOL Still, I dont know if I want Paris or not.

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.