PinayAmerican

Travel Agency LMT (beware)

139 posts in this topic

i hope xylide didnt scam you too...her cousin works there...isnt that something?

Something, smells fishy. :unsure:

maybe part of the big fish

u never know

how come she got her money back but not pinay american's money

abby n sheryl

that's the part that smells fishy?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Looks like your "friend" flew to the US the day after you (I'm surprised she still has a profile!). And yes, one shouldn't be too trusting. I'm assuming you probably talked to her online here on VJ. Ironic-since so many people here meet their spouses online!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

oh i thought u flew with her together, i saw on her YM that she's already here in the States... tsk tsk tsk..

that is exactly i was thinking too.

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

It would be a supposition I suppose, but maybe your money bought Xylide her ticket to the USA. Did you see her give them payment? If not, my bet is on her using you to pay for her ticket via the cousin. Seems strange she supposedly got a refund and you got screwed. Also seems strange your ticket was denied for credit card fraud. Obviously a lot of fraud going on at that place. Sorry to hear you were scammed.

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry this had happened to you. I know it is hard to trust somebody you met online. I just hope that you'll get justice that you deserve. Aba! Aba! Aba! Hindi basta basta madali kumita ng pera noh! :angry:

I also recommend/ing a travel agency (where I purchased my ticket) to some VJ members and I am glad that all of them arrived here in the US safely. It would be better if you'll post here the whole name and the location of that travel agency who scammed you so that members here will avoid that agency.

Again, I hope you'll get your money back and I hope people who scammed you will put into jail.

Edited by o0pink0o

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear that pinayamerican, hirap talaga magtiwala sino ba naman mag-aakala na ang tinuring mong kaibigan eh iiwan ka sa ere diba? lalo pat alam mo na alam din nya paghihirap sa visa process na ito.

naku napakaimposibleng wala syang kinalaman, kasi kung wala magiging concern din sya sayo noh at tatawagan ka nya kung ano na nangyari sa ticket nyo, pero naglaho sya na parang bula, ni wala nman pasabi, I think everything is planned umpisa pa lang, from the time she encourage you to fly with her and give you the idea to buy ticket together.

Xylide if you are innocent clear your name here, cooperate with her and her family so she can get her money back from the agency you recommended where your cousin works right?, anyway you gave her assurance before that it's not a scam so prove it now. mahirap buhay ngayon, kailangan mo kumita ng pera sa sarili mong pagod at hirap, masama yan,nanlalamang ng kapwa.

That's really really bad! :bonk:

Edited by SoMuchInlove

"Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

-Mark 11:24

as1cF5cFg1X0010MjExMDIyc3w0NTI5NjVzfEhBUFBJTFkgTUFSUklFRCAgRk9S.gif

AOS JOURNEY

Feb 17, 2010- AOS sent. ( 3rd year Anniversary of our engagement too)

Feb 20, 2010- AOS packaged received @ Chicago IL, 60680

Feb 26, 2010- USCIS Acceptance Confirmation ( E-MAIL) x3 AOS, EAD, AP

Mar 02, 2010- Received NOA1 for EAD & AP on the mail

Mar 05, 2010- Received NOA1 for AOS

Mar 12, 2010- Received Biometric Appointment Letter dated: MARCH 24, 2010

Mar 15, 2010- RFE - request for properly completed I-693...grrr i already submitted this

Mar 24, 2010- Biometrics DONE!

Apr 12, 2010- RFE response sent (I-693 complete medical exam and vaccination record)

Apr 15, 2010- email notification RFE response received and case processing is resumed

Apr 16, 2010- got touched!!!

Apr 22, 2010- Case for Adjustment of status got transferred to California Service Center... Yay!

Apr 27, 2010- EAD approved! card production ordered. :)

Apr 29, 2010- AP approved! :)

May 05, 2010- AP received on the Mail :)

May 21, 2010- EAD card received on the mail! yay :)

May 21, 2010- AOS approved notification received on email dated 05/17/10 yay :) NO INTERVIEW. yay!

May 22, 2010- Welcome letter received!

Jun 10, 2010- GC received! thanks God...

----- No paper works for 2 years----

Feb 13, 2012- Lifting of Condition

It's sad stories like this that makes me glad that I buy my airline tix online directly from the airline. Cathay Pacific has never let me down. If I pay a little more, then so be it. They have been very good to me when I have to cancel and refund my ticket at the last minute. There is no free lunch! Pay up or get ripped off.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

same situation also happened to my friend before. she thought she "paid" for a ticket but in reality, the agency didnt use her money to pay for a seat . because of that, i learned that " booking confirmation " is different from " a confirmed TICKET" itself, which means the ticket is in your hands, which means you have a paid seat on the airline. lesson learned: be very sure the travel agency is reliable and has a good record. and to Xylide, pls speak up so you can explain what exactly happened here. we will give you the benefit of the doubt so pls help pinayamerican, its not fair what she had to go through.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

so sorry for what happened PinayAmerican.. i was wondering why would your e-ticket be invalid because of unauthorized use of credit card? eh di ba you paid in cash?..hmmm :huh: ...

i hope xylide will be around so she could clear things up for you.. anyway this has been a lesson for all of us.. let's be cautious at all times..

N400 timeline:

04/17/2013 - sent N400
05/06/2013 - biometrics letter notice date
05/17/2013 - biometrics appointment

05/21/2013 - in line for interview

07/08/2013 - actual interview date

07/19/2013 - oath ceremony

Mom's IR5

10/15/2013 - sent I130

10/16/2013 - receipt date on NOA1 (Overland Park, Kansas)

11/22/2013 - received notice, case transferred to TSC

12/13/2013 - Email update, Petition approved!

01/23/2014 - case transferred to NVC

03/04/2014 - case number assigned

03/06/2014 - submitted DS-261

03/07/2014 - paid AOS Fee

03/19/2014 - sent AOS package

03/25/2014 - paid IV Fee

03/29/2014 - submitted DS260

03/31/2014 - sent DS-260(IV) civil documents

04/08/2014 - IV and AOS Checklist (I864A - incomplete information (place of residence))

04/09/2014 - sent AOS checklist

04/21/2014 - false AOS checklist

05/07/2014 - email notification for case complete

05/14/2014 - received appointment interview letter via email

05/15/2014 - CEAC status "In Transit" to consulate (US Embassy, Manila)

06/11/2014 - interview @ 6:15am (PASSED)

06/11/2014 - CEAC status "ISSUED" (visa is authorized for printing)

07/??/2014 - flight to US POE Detroit

it is all by the grace of God!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im sorry for what had happened to you. I have seen an episode of XXX a month ago where they featured Nigerians who were caught getting involved with selling cheap travel tickets and they use unauthorized credit cards.

It is just odd that xylide canceled her ticket and not informing you. Was she informed by her cousin that it's a scam? Yeah, I agree with sasha, lets give her the benefit of the doubt and clear her name.

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Filed: Timeline

TRUST NO ONE......

No wonder i send her directly to the airport for mine to buy the ticket...for her to fly locally....and told her to forget local travel agency...

When come time for the big trip...i take my chances with the ONLINE sites that I already trust.....

So the name of this agency is LMT ????????????according to the title of the post....maybe

Filed: Timeline
It's sad stories like this that makes me glad that I buy my airline tix online directly from the airline. Cathay Pacific has never let me down. If I pay a little more, then so be it. They have been very good to me when I have to cancel and refund my ticket at the last minute. There is no free lunch! Pay up or get ripped off.

I agree with you ....

I used Cathay Pacific too for all my trips too...and they never let me down either....

They are just a little more expensive than all the other airlines there...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with you ....

I used Cathay Pacific too for all my trips too...and they never let me down either....

They are just a little more expensive than all the other airlines there...

Same here, I will be flying thru Cathay tomorrow. Food is great, too. :thumbs:

Forgiveness is not saying what someone did to us is right. It is saying, "I'll let God straighten this out"..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.