Steve S

After NOA2, what comes next?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hot damn. The VSC has really cranked up its operation and now the April NOA-1's are getting approved right and left. So, Irina and I are thinking more about the upcoming steps. I would like some guidance from those of you well-versed in the procedure for Russia (may be different from Ukraine or Belarus).

My understanding is that the paperwork will make its way to Moscow, a "packet 3" will be sent out which will contain some instructions for her, some forms to fill out and she will return them. She will soon thereafter be notified about an interview date at the embassy. She will travel to Moscow and have the medical exam done there in the day or two prior to the interview. She will be notified on the day of the interview if the visa is to be granted, and she should receive the visa within a week (this time period is not critical, as we will be making travel plans for later on).

Corrections so far?

Questions:

- what exactly will she be required to return in the packet prior to scheduling of the interview? Is it the full list of "documents required for fiancee visa interview" as posted on the embassy website (including financial documents, police certificate, etc.)? We are wondering because she the police certificate and travel passport may take a little more time, and it would be nice to keep the visa process flowing while she is awaiting these last couple of documents.

- any more information about precisely what she will receive from Moscow?

- does she need to submit affidavit or proof that she is eligible to marry? We both think that this is only needed if she has been married before, this was the consensus in a Russian forum she looked at, but she wanted me to get some answers from this forum as well.

- I am hoping the interview will fall at a time when I can take a few days off from work to meet her in Moscow (feasible for a short trip, especially with the great fares I have been seeing lately -- Chelyabinsk not so much). I think somebody posted earlier that we will get about one month's notice prior to the interview date -- just enough time for me to make all the necessary plans if I want to make a final visit before she immigrates.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hot damn. The VSC has really cranked up its operation and now the April NOA-1's are getting approved right and left. So, Irina and I are thinking more about the upcoming steps. I would like some guidance from those of you well-versed in the procedure for Russia (may be different from Ukraine or Belarus).

My understanding is that the paperwork will make its way to Moscow, a "packet 3" will be sent out which will contain some instructions for her, some forms to fill out and she will return them. She will soon thereafter be notified about an interview date at the embassy. She will travel to Moscow and have the medical exam done there in the day or two prior to the interview. She will be notified on the day of the interview if the visa is to be granted, and she should receive the visa within a week (this time period is not critical, as we will be making travel plans for later on).

Corrections so far?

Questions:

- what exactly will she be required to return in the packet prior to scheduling of the interview? Is it the full list of "documents required for fiancee visa interview" as posted on the embassy website (including financial documents, police certificate, etc.)? We are wondering because she the police certificate and travel passport may take a little more time, and it would be nice to keep the visa process flowing while she is awaiting these last couple of documents.

- does she need to submit affidavit or proof that she is eligible to marry? We both think that this is only needed if she has been married before, this was the consensus in a Russian forum she looked at, but she wanted me to get some answers from this forum as well.

- I am hoping the interview will fall at a time when I can take a few days off from work to meet her in Moscow (feasible for a short trip, especially with the great fares I have been seeing lately -- Chelyabinsk not so much). I think somebody posted earlier that we will get about one month's notice prior to the interview date -- just enough time for me to make all the necessary plans if I want to make a final visit before she immigrates.

No packet to return. Read THIS and you will get most of your questions answered.

Also she does not schedule her interview. She needs to check THIS website where her interview date will be published once the consulate decides when it will be. You will need the NVC number (starts with MOS) to be able to find her interview date.

Aside from that, make sure that she has a Police Report and Birth Certificate translated, as well as the originals.

You have enough time to get all necessary documents NOW. After NVC sends the documents to the consulate, the interview will be scheduled to happen a little over TWO months after. 60 to 70 days after Moscow receives the DHL package is a good guess. She will only receive packet 3 well after the interview date is published on that website, but she doesn't really need it if she prepares everything based on the website above.

Good luck!

P.S.: Just days to my fiancee's interview :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Corrections so far?

Questions:

Go to the US Embassy in Moscow website for all information. Link on Embassy Info button on top. There are some unique requirements.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Thank you. I have looked at the U.S. Embassy site, but it was unclear to me from the site whether she had to send in some of the documents in advance or just have them by the time of the interview. Also, I was curious precisely what information would be sent out to her from Moscow. We are trying to project roughly when the interview will fall (which, I understand we cannot schedule but will be assigned to us), because I am thinking about trying to arrange things in my life so that I can make a short trip to spend time together in Moscow (yes, I know I am not allowed in the embassy waiting room, and that according to Brad they are more lax about it in Kiev).

The reply from Clueless was very helpful in clearing these things up. Wishing good luck to Clueless with regard to fiancee's interview.

- Steve

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
Thank you. I have looked at the U.S. Embassy site, but it was unclear to me from the site whether she had to send in some of the documents in advance or just have them by the time of the interview. Also, I was curious precisely what information would be sent out to her from Moscow. We are trying to project roughly when the interview will fall (which, I understand we cannot schedule but will be assigned to us), because I am thinking about trying to arrange things in my life so that I can make a short trip to spend time together in Moscow (yes, I know I am not allowed in the embassy waiting room, and that according to Brad they are more lax about it in Kiev).

The reply from Clueless was very helpful in clearing these things up. Wishing good luck to Clueless with regard to fiancee's interview.

- Steve

steve,just out of curiosity?is irina on a russian visa forum in russia with a friend named marina?marina keeps mentioning a irina who has parallel timelines as ours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.