imfromaoi

my timeline

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

this is kinda weird because i feel really overwhelmed with paperwork. and to be honest, without you guys i would be totally lost and would have to hire an immigrant attorney to do my work. i would like to do a timeline to help clarify things when asking questions here. my experience is different and unique, that goes the same for everyone else. maybe you all can help. please dont laugh.

i took off about a month and a half from work for vacation and here is what i did in vietnam. i am from the states and she is from vietnam.

july 1th 2009 - went to ho chi minh city to the united states consulate and sign a paper. forgot what it's called but all i had to do was pay about $30 united states cash, they wont take viet money, and said "i swear" that was that. waited well over an hour just to get up there and say two words and went to the water park. (p.s i dont recommend having coffee at the cafe across the street, they charge outragously just for a small glass of coffee)

july 4th 2009 - got married

july 9th 2009 - went and got our physicals, medical check, etc.

july 10th 2009 - went to the place called suu thu phap in soc trang and did a lot of paperwork. hand them my passport and she hand them her birth certs etc along with our medical stuff. signed a bunch of paperwork and she even said my signature wasnt consistant. geeezzz these folks are crazy about signatures.

july 20th - got our police clearance and went straight to the suu thu phap (i really hate this place) for our interviews. they ask simple question such as when/where/how we met. how much i make here at home, parents name, who intro used, and did any of our parents forced us to marry. no of course.

aug. 2nd 2009 - got dressed up. no tux for me but had a tailor cut me 2 pairs of pants and white shirts. i should have gotten more for work here because they are really nice. as for my wife she wore a white traditional vietnam dress. they took us to the room where we had our interview and gave us a marriage cert.

that's my story. now im working on my cr-1 with a million questions.

5/18/2008 - Went to Vietnam for first time with brother

5/25/2008 - Cousin intro Tu, asked for number, began relationship, many phone calls, letters, emails

6/20/2009 - Went to Vietnam for sec time with dad

7/27/2009 - Dam Hoi, received marriage certificate, went to many places for vacation

6/4/2010 - Vietnam for third time with mother

6/19/2010 - Got married, went to many places for vacation

7/3/2010 - Mail out I-130

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
this is kinda weird because i feel really overwhelmed with paperwork. and to be honest, without you guys i would be totally lost and would have to hire an immigrant attorney to do my work. i would like to do a timeline to help clarify things when asking questions here. my experience is different and unique, that goes the same for everyone else. maybe you all can help. please dont laugh.

i took off about a month and a half from work for vacation and here is what i did in vietnam. i am from the states and she is from vietnam.

july 1th 2009 - went to ho chi minh city to the united states consulate and sign a paper. forgot what it's called but all i had to do was pay about $30 united states cash, they wont take viet money, and said "i swear" that was that. waited well over an hour just to get up there and say two words and went to the water park. (p.s i dont recommend having coffee at the cafe across the street, they charge outragously just for a small glass of coffee)

july 10th 2009 - went to the place called suu thu phap in soc trang and did a lot of paperwork. hand them my passport and she hand them her birth certs etc along with our medical stuff. signed a bunch of paperwork and she even said my signature wasnt consistant. geeezzz these folks are crazy about signatures.

july 20th - got our police clearance and went straight to the suu thu phap (i really hate this place) for our interviews. they ask simple question such as when/where/how we met. how much i make here at home, parents name, who intro used, and did any of our parents forced us to marry. no of course.

aug. 2nd 2009 - got dressed up. no tux for me but had a tailor cut me 2 pairs of pants and white shirts. i should have gotten more for work here because they are really nice. as for my wife she wore a white traditional vietnam dress. they took us to the room where we had our interview and gave us a marriage cert.

hey man

why you got marry so early The Co not ok with that see Huong phung case

John

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You want to provide a timeline of your ENTIRE relationship, not just of your last trip to VN.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

well back in my of 2008 i went to vietnam and my parents intro her to me. we hit it off and kept on talking when i came back to the states. i have boarding pass, receipts from hotels and restaurants even copies of letters back from 2008. not to mention i call her at least two times a week. isnt that enough? =/

5/18/2008 - Went to Vietnam for first time with brother

5/25/2008 - Cousin intro Tu, asked for number, began relationship, many phone calls, letters, emails

6/20/2009 - Went to Vietnam for sec time with dad

7/27/2009 - Dam Hoi, received marriage certificate, went to many places for vacation

6/4/2010 - Vietnam for third time with mother

6/19/2010 - Got married, went to many places for vacation

7/3/2010 - Mail out I-130

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

so i guess u r going to file I-130 paper work

How Does My Spouse (Husband/Wife) Get an Immigrant Visa?

The first step is to file a Petition for Alien Relative,

Form I-130 for your spouse (husband or wife) to immigrate to the United States. You file the petition with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS) immigration Field Office in the United States that serves the area where you live. For instructions on how to file a petition see Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Spouse (Husband of Wife) to Live in the United States

anh map chuc anh may man nhe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
well back in my of 2008 i went to vietnam and my parents intro her to me. we hit it off and kept on talking when i came back to the states. i have boarding pass, receipts from hotels and restaurants even copies of letters back from 2008. not to mention i call her at least two times a week. isnt that enough? =/

Make sure u save all those copies, it will be a plus when u file and send those copies with yr I-130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.