5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Vermont Service Center

Hey everyone, I just recieved a call from my Congressmens office saying they talked to VSC and saying that A# has been assigned to my case (I-130) and she gave me the A# also.

Do you know what that means...i mean assigning a A#....does that mean that my case has been approved or what....Also advise whats the next stage and how long will it takes...

Thanks in advance.

Service Center....VSC

Send I-130.........................Dec 31, 2008

NOA1 Date.........................Jan 06, 2009

Called Congressman...........Aug 10, 2009

A# Assigned.......................Aug 19, 2009

Updated (Touched).............Aug 20, 2009

I-130 Approved..................Aug 20, 2009

NOA2 Recieved...................Aug 27, 2009

NVC Case Recieved.............Aug 28, 2009

NVC Case no assigned.........Aug 31, 2009

DS-3032 email recieved.......Sep 04, 2009

AOS Bill paid (Online)...........Sep 04, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Vermont Service Center

Hey everyone, I just recieved a call from my Congressmens office saying they talked to VSC and saying that A# has been assigned to my case (I-130) and she gave me the A# also.

Do you know what that means...i mean assigning a A#....does that mean that my case has been approved or what....Also advise whats the next stage and how long will it takes...

Thanks in advance.

I was told the same thing by a person at the local USCIS office where I had an INFOPASS appointment to try to find out some more information about our case since we have not had any "touches" or anything since the March 5th receipt date. The person there said "your fiance was assigned an A# back in March and you have had some touches but your petition still hasn't been approved as of yet and you don't see the touches on the USCIS website because of the fact that your fiance has already been assigned an A#." Not sure if this makes any sense or if it was incorrect information or what. I filed a "Service Request" and was told that I should get a response within two weeks, but I am two days away from it having been two weeks and as of yet I have received nothing. I also contacted my congressman today, not sure if that will produce any results and if it does how long it will take to see them.

So frustrated and there seems to be not much I can do about it. 5 months, 2 weeks and counting...

Vermont Service Center

Thanks in advance.

I was told the same thing by a person at the local USCIS office where I had an INFOPASS appointment to try to find out some more information about our case since we have not had any "touches" or anything since the March 5th receipt date. The person there said "your fiance was assigned an A# back in March and you have had some touches but your petition still hasn't been approved as of yet and you don't see the touches on the USCIS website because of the fact that your fiance has already been assigned an A#." Not sure if this makes any sense or if it was incorrect information or what. I filed a "Service Request" and was told that I should get a response within two weeks, but I am two days away from it having been two weeks and as of yet I have received nothing. I also contacted my congressman today, not sure if that will produce any results and if it does how long it will take to see them.

So frustrated and there seems to be not much I can do about it. 5 months, 2 weeks and counting...

What in the world is that A# for anyways, We filed a I-129F for a K3 and on the NOA 2 for the I-129F it had a A# on it.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

What in the world is that A# for anyways, We filed a I-129F for a K3 and on the NOA 2 for the I-129F it had a A# on it.

The A number is how USCIS will identify you forever. It'll stay with you and you'll include it on every form you file after this (removing conditions, citizenship). Theoretically you could go your whole life without a social security number if you don't intend to work, file taxes, collect public benefits, etc. It's included even on non-immigrant fiancee/spouse petitions because if the visa is issued it's under the assumption that eventually you will file to become an immigrant.

When my NOA2 was overdue and I was calling VSC everyday one of the operators checked to see if an A number had been assigned yet, and it hadn't. A little while after that it was with an adjudicator but the A number was never mentioned again. I think it might be assigned the first time someone opens your file, but who knows?

Edited by imaisha

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

The A number is how USCIS will identify you forever. It'll stay with you and you'll include it on every form you file after this (removing conditions, citizenship). Theoretically you could go your whole life without a social security number if you don't intend to work, file taxes, collect public benefits, etc. It's included even on non-immigrant fiancee/spouse petitions because if the visa is issued it's under the assumption that eventually you will file to become an immigrant.

When my NOA2 was overdue and I was calling VSC everyday one of the operators checked to see if an A number had been assigned yet, and it hadn't. A little while after that it was with an adjudicator but the A number was never mentioned again. I think it might be assigned the first time someone opens your file, but who knows?

Thank you Dearheart, now I know!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.