tuesdaysgone

Preparing for the interview

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently preparing for the final interview. I am getting together evidence to show a genuine marriage took place etc

What exactly do I need to show?

We have emails, im chats, photos of when we first met, family photos, joint condo lease, joint car titles x2, statements from friends confirming they know of our relationship, marriage certificate.

What else is needed?

How long is the interview?

From what I have read on here it is about 10-15 minutes, I just can't see an immigrations officer reading through all the emails, chats etc there is ALOT.

Should I print a timeline of the events leading up to the marriage?

As my adjustment of status is based on an F1 student visa, will the interview be focused on proving that i came to America in the first place to study and not to marry?

I'm currently preparing for the final interview. I am getting together evidence to show a genuine marriage took place etc

What exactly do I need to show?

We have emails, im chats, photos of when we first met, family photos, joint condo lease, joint car titles x2, statements from friends confirming they know of our relationship, marriage certificate.

This is all good.

What else is needed?

Maybe some more financial sharing documents (like bank accounts, credit cards)?

How long is the interview?

varies - 30 mins to hours....

From what I have read on here it is about 10-15 minutes, I just can't see an immigrations officer reading through all the emails, chats etc there is ALOT.

Depends if they suspect something most likely...

Should I print a timeline of the events leading up to the marriage?

You could, but I wouldn't do that - seems to "forceful" in trying to prove it...

As my adjustment of status is based on an F1 student visa, will the interview be focused on proving that i came to America in the first place to study and not to marry?

Maybe - sometimes they ask in depth, but most times they look at just the marriage part...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Since you have joint car titles, you probably have auto insurance together. Add that, health insurance if together, 401k stating spouse as beneficiary, copies of your drivers licenses showing same address if applicable, life insurance name other spouse as beneficiary and financial docs like bank statements, credit card statements either joint or other spouse is authorized user on the account (for credit cards). Am sure other s will give you more but that's all I can come up with right now. Good luck!!! :thumbs:

Edited by furiousng

Does my wife have to bring IRS printouts to show she recieved disabilty benefits for the past 3 years and therefore did not have to submit w'2s?

This information was submitted with the initial package, do I need to bring it again as we didnt keep the printouts and its a bit of a hassle visiting social security here.

When we submitted the intial package with the i864, we met the poverty guidlines. My wife has since got a job since then, does she need to bring her new job info, such as pay rate, hours etc, as we are already above the poverty guidelines?

Does my wife have to bring IRS printouts to show she recieved disabilty benefits for the past 3 years and therefore did not have to submit w'2s?

This information was submitted with the initial package, do I need to bring it again as we didnt keep the printouts and its a bit of a hassle visiting social security here.

When we submitted the intial package with the i864, we met the poverty guidlines. My wife has since got a job since then, does she need to bring her new job info, such as pay rate, hours etc, as we are already above the poverty guidelines?

I`d bring everything you can, even if you`ve submitted it already and whatever new you have that you haven`t sent with the applications. Just in case. You never know what your IO will want to look at, but better have it with you.

Sometime in 11/2006 --- Met online

09/26/2008 --- Got married

04/03/2009 --- AOS package sent

07/13/2009 --- Interview in Detroit,MI. Approved!!!

07/25/2009 --- GC received! Total: 3 months 12 days from NOA1 to GC mailboxhappy.gif

05/17/2011 --- ROC package sent

05/25/2011 --- NOA1 received

06/27/2011 --- Biometrics

10/17/2011 --- Approved! confetti.gif

10/21/2011 --- Received Permanent GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.