sigma03

biometrics not recieved yet!!!

26 posts in this topic

ok i just got my 10 year gc around feb 2009, and i qualified to file for naturalization in mid April... filed my paper work, money all that and i got the noa that my application was received april 29th 2009... by june 18th i stilll didnt get a biometrics letter so i decided to call and immigration put in a "service request". they put me off and told me to wait 90 days.. well tomorrow is it.. i dont know what i need to do besides call again for another service request (which is what they said last week, if i didnt get any response)... has anyone been through this before? from what i experianced in other paperwork and the timelines that i read here, is the biometrics letter is sent 2-3 weeks after immigration receives the application. i was hoping that i can have my passport by december but that hope is fading away...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Put in another request or preferably make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office if it is convenient enough to follow up. You should definitely have received your biometrics by this time - long before this time - as people who filed around the same time as you did are already being approved for their citizenship. According to one of the timelines here on VJ another Jacksonville filer in May received their biometrics appointment very quickly and had their biometrics about a month after filing. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...5&start=195

You have confirmed that they received your application? You have the NOA receipt?

you can make an infopass appointment online at http://www.uscis.gov . On the right hand side select 'Schedule an Appointment" and then follow the instructions.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

yes i had the notice of action with the application received on april 29th 2009... even when i call they see all the information, they even send me to the 2nd level of support and all they said is to wait because the fingerprinting department has been busy... i only got another sheet stating that i should have the originals ready for my interview... no interview or biometrics date (a yellow sheet)... but thats all i got. i will give them till friday and if not ill head to Jacksonville monday

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a possibility if you had fingerprints done within the past year for Removal of Conditions that they will use the old fingerprints. It is not common but it has happened for others. If you received the yellow sheet saying to bring originals (ie. Driver's License, etc.), then that is actually a good sign. I would still make that infopass appointment, but as a reassurance, it could be that they are re-using the existing fingerprints on file. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

thats what i thought would be a possibility, but when i called they said that they had me in line for an appointment but i havent received one.. its actually funny because i called july 9th and they said my name was just put on the list and when i called again, the rep said they shouldnt have said that lol... so anyway i made my appointment for monday... lets see... do you know if they use the same fbi background check for the prior app for n400?? and have you seen where by they take fingerprints on walk in appointments at the immigration office?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Can You furnish your AOS Timelines so that we can answer any better?

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

i dont remember the exact dates but here is a rough timeline

got my 10 gc mid february 2009

qualified for naturalization april 29 2009

sent application with money order overnight april 28 2009

letter showing the application date stamped april 29 2009 around may15

got yellow sheet mid june

Timeline

Since you got ur NOA type in ur nba*xxxxxxxxxx number at urlsite and see what status mesage you get?

waycool.gif

Naturalization:

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Good Bye USCIS

Timeline
all it says is that the application was received and to wait for more info... basically same info i got in the first letter saying that they got the application

It shows your application has never been touched, meaning no movement.The only options you have is get a info-pas appointment and know what was wrong, I sympathize that you have to go all thru this...

waycool.gif

Naturalization:

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Good Bye USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

According to USCIS procedures, they can use your old fingerprints if taken within the last 15 months, have no idea who decides this, but certainly would be nice if they would inform you, and calling them, can get any kind of answer, talk about a disorganized organization. Emilio was asked by congress, why is he still charging 80 bucks if he is using the old fingerprints, he said, it cost that much to store and retrieve them, but Emilio is history now, American board of immigration attorneys got rid of him. Not keeping track anymore, but think two or three other guys were put in charge of the USCIS.

But somehow Emilio convinced congress if he could double the fees, he could improve the processing time by 10%, can you believe congress brought this line of BS? Created such a jam compounded by Emilio shifting applications all over the country where our I-751 application was misplaced. This caused all kinds of inconvenience for us in making additional 450-600 mile trips, but what are you going to do, have to stay legal! JR Schargen, I think that's his name, can barely make out his signature on my wife's certificate was put in charge for a few months during my wife's N-400 application, that went pretty smooth, for a change, but have no idea who is in charge now and what changes are being made.

I also deal with the FAA, they guy they put in charge can barely speak English, can forgive that, but he has zero knowledge on aircraft or procedures, I did speak to him on the phone, has some crazy ideas, kind of got into an argument. Bush put him in charge, his black mark is not inspecting airline planes for safety, but just heard the other day, he is on his way out. Terrible to deal with an agency when someone that is very incompetent is put in charge, but guess he helped Bush with his campaign like Emilio did. I hate getting involved with politics.

It was with mixed emotions when my wife received her biometrics appointment in Milwaukee of all places, near downtown with lots of road construction going on and no parking, but at least we knew they were doing something. Only 11 months went by since our last trip. Did ask why they needed yet another set of fingerprints, they already have two and the FBI claims they can solve murder cases dating back 80 years with partial prints. He responded, I don't know, I just work here. But did hit him for that booklet and CD for the civics test, took him five minutes to find a copy. Download the test anyway, and printed it out on two sheets as easier to carry.

So what can you say when you are dealing with a disorganized organization like the USCIS? All I can say, is to camp out at your mailbox.

well thanks everyone for the reply... i will call uscis today and see what they have to say, i also got an appoint on monday at the Jacksonville office. i hope i can complete this process with whatever sanity i have left... my sister is postponing her wedding until i can travel to see her..

i just called and the guy on the phone was surprised i havent gotten anything yet... thats really not what i wanted to hear, so he put in another service request and told me to see if i get anything in the next 45 days... when will this madness end... but i will still stop by the jacksonville office in hopes that they can take my biometrics right there

allright everyone... i just came back from immigration office, i plead my case and asked what was happening, the customer rep took my information and after what seemed like a day and a half, he finally printed a sheet and told me to go across the hall for my fingerprints, i asked what was wrong, how come i never got a document, he said that they were using my old fingerprints from the prior application and those just expired on aug 5th... i would have been getting a letter in the mail for a new biometric appointment but he said to do it since i was there anyway...

got them done, and picked up a test package with the cd... now all i will wait for is the interview date.. god know how far away that is...

Timeline

I am Glad to hear that :dance:

waycool.gif

Naturalization:

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Good Bye USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.