B and C

August 2009 VSC Filers

512 posts in this topic

good luck bev!!! let us know how it goes :)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr lol, it's the interview I'm going to tomorrow morning (and I already can't sleep). I packed in advance for the POE since I'm not planning to come home between now and then, going to visit my family and have the visa mailed there. :)

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Yay for the interview! Best of luck to you!

Yesterday I received my AOS + EAD "NOA1", or something like that. I am not sure if I should count that day or the one when they returned the check... hmm... I guess I will replace the date with the one from yesterday, May 5.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Bridget I am now joining you in the hell that is AP. They said it would only be a few days but I'm not sure whether to believe them.

Full story/review is in the Canada forum.

I'm trying to stay positive.. I wasn't missing anything and they didn't actually say something was "wrong".

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

I am SO sorry Bev! I just read your review on that thread...

Have you tried calling DOS yet?

We have a member in the UK forum, a natural-born British citizen who was put into AP, although her parents were missionaries in high-fraud countries and took her along, so she thinks it may be related to that.

This guy sounds just like what one of the member's said--came from a higher-fraud consulate. Doing some kind of a power trip on you :bonk:

Keep us updated!

Naturalization

Thanks Justine.. what would I call DOS for though? Not really sure what they know or can do about the situation.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

They can give you updates from what consulate writes in the case file, like if they are working on it, etc etc. They may not be able to give you any information, but it's a free call (well, from the US) in case they do.

For example, I called them for info like when my interview date was, what the status was when we had to send in our payment which David forgot to do :bonk: but if you're in AP, you can call DOS once a week for updates.

202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 to speak to a live person, have your case number ready and date of birth ready and ask for any case updates.

Naturalization

Sorry to hear you got into AP Bev :(

I hope everything gets good soon. And it looks like it was nothing wrong with you, I am guessing the interviewer was supposed to know of your denied entry and since he didn't, he'll have to dig it by himself to have the case in their proper manner, which I imagine it is that they can't be the last ones to know something like that. That to me, means "homework not done", which it was what the guy said. Just what I imagine though. But like I always say with silly examples: don't let fear and imagination get the best of you. It is not easy, but please try.

I got good news yesterday: My mother got her visitor visa approved, so she and my dad will come visit me in July :)

I was so affraid for her, the consulate in Sao Paulo for that is so chaotic and confusing. She lost a form page and missed a window call, but thank God a guy who was also doing his visitor visa helped her, she found the missing page again and got in time to take the fingerprints. The interview was pretty straight forward, they didn't grill her at all. If anyone is planning on a visitor visa for someone from the family, I can post here some more details.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

lol, gotta wonder how the guy ever got to be a CO if he's that slow with his homework. I mean the consulate has had my file for nearly 6 months now.

I feel a lot better now though, VJ members have been helpful and Kevin cheered me up a lot. I spent most of yesterday fighting not to cry, that is until after the 6 hours of hiking when I couldn't do anything but yawn and hope my feet didn't fall off. Back at my parents house now.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Hey, cry if you want to! I would have cried buckets had I heard that.

Naturalization

True enough, holding up your feelings is not good. If you are not comfortable though, you can always write here on VJ and we'll be here to "listen" and understand in part what is going on. I didn't have AP, but I had to be 8 months without beign together with James and cried a whole lot already. Crying is not bad, it is just a reaction! You are going through a lot of stress, relax and be yourself wanting to cry and beign able to *hug*

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Yes well, I got back to the hotel, told my mom and sister what happened, they were basically like "meh, they're just trying to scare you.. NOW LET'S GO TOURING", they didn't even want to wait for me to get ahold of Kevin, let alone having some cry time.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

I'm sorry your mom and sister were "in another channel" right then. My friends were like that, I had to hear things like "oh it will take ONLY 6 months?" without punching them in the face. We are here though, from different parts of the world, but we know at least a bit how you are feeling right now. Please don't be shy to share with us when you have anyone else to listen to, we'll be here! *hug*

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yes well, I got back to the hotel, told my mom and sister what happened, they were basically like "meh, they're just trying to scare you.. NOW LET'S GO TOURING", they didn't even want to wait for me to get ahold of Kevin, let alone having some cry time.

bridget

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Ok so did i miss something.Why in the world did they put yall on ap.Because of your denyed entry? Thats crazy...Try not to worry to much.Did they say ap or ar?Praying for you girl.This is not an easy place (AP).But to tell you the truth it has been five months now for us in ap and i feel stupid about whining when i did get noa2 fast enough.This is hell because you have no timeline.They can hold our case forever if they want.It will be 1 year on july29th that we mail our k1 off.I miss Alen so much and hes so scared there.I feel helpless but i started praying and talking to god i gave it all to him to take care of because at this point i think hes the only one who can fix this .hope yours is a short one.ill be praying for you.

bridget

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.