Heracles

Brits fume over Americans who bash Britain's National Health Service

116 posts in this topic

Our prisons are just fine. Concentration camps are so European (Germany is in Europe, y'know), we'll leave that ####### up to you.

Just a little :ot: but you do realise that the Krauts didn't invent the concentration camp, don't you?

No, that distinction belongs to us Brits :blush:

So is that where you learned to concentrate?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Are these the same brits that subsidize a royal family that do nothing but travel the world and do nothing but sit on their a$$es?

The royal family cost the UK taxpayer about 35-40 million quid a year. It's not that much (and they don't sit on their asses - many strings attached).

Edited by Private Pike

You know I think the bloody republican party has created a storm that they will live to regret... Britain has been the US ally in their dastardly war on terror which really served to line the pockets of the Bush/Cheney combine.

The British people have not been so anti-America perhaps since the war for independence... now when American troops need support from their allies, the stupidity of the right wing propaganda machine will live to haunt them.

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Timeline
The British people have not been so anti-America perhaps since the war for independence... now when American troops need support from their allies, the stupidity of the right wing propaganda machine will live to haunt them.

The British government is our poodle :lol:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Correction - Tony B Liar was your ####### licking poodle.

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Timeline

Actually, you all are.

And we like it. Keep on lickin'.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Actually, you all are.

:rofl:

Are these the same brits that subsidize a royal family that do nothing but travel the world and do nothing but sit on their a$$es?

The royal family cost the UK taxpayer about 35-40 million quid a year. It's not that much (and they don't sit on their asses - many strings attached).

I just dont get the whole royal family thing.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Actually, you all are.

Actually quite good value for money - they do a lot of charity work, but also bring in a lot of tourist revenue.

A couple of the Queen's sons (Edward and Charles) are complete twats; and her husband is overtly racist.

Actually quite good value for money - they do a lot of charity work, but also bring in a lot of tourist revenue.

A couple of the Queen's sons (Edward and Charles) are complete twats; and her husband is overtly racist.

Has there ever been any serious movements to get rid of them.

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

There are people who want to do away with it completely. Others who want to keep the royal family in a limited form and cut out the ones who don't do the official duties.

Nothing serious though - as it is the Royals have only symbolic power.

There are people who want to do away with it completely. Others who want to keep the royal family in a limited form and cut out the ones who don't do the official duties.

Nothing serious though - as it is the Royals have only symbolic power.

That whole thing just seems so outdated. Does Fergie get any cash from the divorce?

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Actually, you all are.

Has anyone ever did a cost analysis to see what they bring in vs take from the UK public? Would be interesting to read.

Our timeline

K-1

6/17/09 Mailed I-129F 6/19/09 NOA 1

9/09/09 NOA 2 9/28/09 Packet 3

11/03/09 Interview - Approved 11/05/09 Medical

11/09/09 Visa in hand

11/24/09 POE San Francisco

01/03/10 Baby due date

1/16/10 Baby - Its a Boy!

AOS

2/22/10 Filed AOS

4/17/10 Biometrics appt

5/16/10 Interview - Approved!

6/10 Green Card in hand

ROC

4/04/12 Filed I-751 California Service Center

4/21/12 NOA

7/20/12 Biometrics Appt

11/16/12 RFE

12/10/12 Sent RFE package

12/21/12 Approval Letter!!

Actually, you all are.

How presumptuous!!! But then so typically republican american!!! This is why I am so contemptuous of many americans!!!

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Actually, you all are.

How presumptuous!!! But then so typically republican american!!! This is why I am so contemptuous of many americans!!!

Hes jokin! Lighten-up.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually, you all are.

Hes jokin! Lighten-up.

then again, maybe he's not. :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!