vi&art

HCMC turned in requested items told now under review

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello I am new to the site I joined sometime ago and have just not really used the site other then to get inspiration from all it's great members

my current situation is as follows my fiance had her interview in may and was given a green sheet requesting more information. we turned in all requested documents last week. after a 5 hour wait she was given a paper saying our case is under further review. she asked what next and was told she could inquire as to case status in 2 weeks by email or phone call.

my question is what now. do we just email and ask for status, I am at a loss. I feel we have provided everything we could and that was asked for.

maybe it is just nervousness and uncertainty on my part but it is our future they hold.

if anyone in the HCMC portal has any insight please respond thanks in advance for i know all of you are great folks from reading this site.

art

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello I am new to the site I joined sometime ago and have just not really used the site other then to get inspiration from all it's great members

my current situation is as follows my fiance had her interview in may and was given a green sheet requesting more information. we turned in all requested documents last week. after a 5 hour wait she was given a paper saying our case is under further review. she asked what next and was told she could inquire as to case status in 2 weeks by email or phone call.

my question is what now. do we just email and ask for status, I am at a loss. I feel we have provided everything we could and that was asked for.

maybe it is just nervousness and uncertainty on my part but it is our future they hold.

if anyone in the HCMC portal has any insight please respond thanks in advance for i know all of you are great folks from reading this site.

art

several others here same situation... email them in a few weeks nd you can also call... can be anywhere from a few weeks to months before they decide...

:time:

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

art

several others here same situation... email them in a few weeks nd you can also call... can be anywhere from a few weeks to months before they decide...

thanks that is what I am thinking.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

thread topic concerns the embassy/consulate level.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

art

Hello,

I have the same problem but my is blue.

I was there but not at the interview on July 13 - Got a blue paper requesting additional evidents and relationship time line. I submit the evident the same day and the timeline the following day. I also asking the consular to review the time line and he wanted additional evident. I submit the 2 day later.

Aug 10th, she came back and waited until 5PM and got another blue pager:

"The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following section(s) of the U.S Immigration and National Act, as amended Section 221 (g) of the Act porhibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.***

Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit further documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case. Case inquiries may be made by e-mail hcmcinfo@state.gov or by mail.***

Not sure what to do now. What is the different between green and blue paper? Have anyone have this problem before?

If you like to talk about this, you can call me at 727-452-3311

Timeline

art

Hello there,

How do you call them and talk to a consular?

Timeline

art

Hello there,

Information Resource Center

U.S. Consulate General

65 le Loi, 9 Fl., Saigon Centre Building

Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Tel: (84-8) 821-6400

Fax: (84-8) 821-6405

uscongenhcmc@state.gov

Its hit or miss to be able to talk to someone.. afternoons between 1 and 3 is best as mornings everyone is very busy...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

art

Hello there,

Information Resource Center

U.S. Consulate General

65 le Loi, 9 Fl., Saigon Centre Building

Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Tel: (84-8) 821-6400

Fax: (84-8) 821-6405

uscongenhcmc@state.gov

Its hit or miss to be able to talk to someone.. afternoons between 1 and 3 is best as mornings everyone is very busy...

Oops

From 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I've been following this forum for some time and now just wanted to join the conversation because i am going through the same thing here.

My fiance had her first interview last month and was given a blue sheet requesting a signed and notarized timeline of our relationship. So I provided it to them.

Now, she just had her second interview and was given another blue sheet. This is what it says:

The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you been found ineligible for her visa under the following section9s) of the US Immigration and nationality Act, as amended.

*Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit furter documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case. Case inquiries may be made by e-mail <hcmcinfo@state.gov> or by mail.

This came as a surprise because, I thought for sure she would get her visa this time around. I even made plans to visit her in Vietnam next month for an engagement ceremony. I even bought my plane tickets because it so cheap now and I have a two week vacation time.

I'm thinking of contacting the Consulate office and try to set up an interview while I'm there in Vietnam. Maybe that will prove our relationship is the real deal. Is this a good idea?

My fiance is worried that our case will expire soon. She seems to think that the K-1 visa application process is good for only 9 month. I never heard of this. Is this true?

We also discussed an alternative to this: Getting married while I'm in Vietnam, is this possible? We might try this if we don't get her a visa by the time I get to Vietnam.

Good luck to everybody else that's in the same boat.

Michael

K-1 Visa Timeline

October 2008 - First visit with Kha in Vietnam

November 2008 - Proposed to Kha

January 2009 - Sent I-129f petition for fiance visa

March 2009 - I-129f approved

July 2009 - Kha has interview (got blue sheet, need more evidence)

September 2009 - Second visit with Kha (Engagement Ceremony)

October 2009 - Kha went to US Consulate (got another blue sheet, denied visa)

December 2009 - Received notice from US Consulate, they sent docs back to USCIS

March 2010 - Received Notice of Decision from USCIS, all action is concluded.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

April 16, 2010 - Sent I-130 petition for spousal visa

April 23, 2010 - I-797C, Notice Of Action

July 10, 2010 - Fifth visit to Vietnam, formal marriage ceremony and honeymoon!

October 26, 2010 - I-797, Notice Of Action - Approval!

NVC Process

November 12, 2010 - Letter received, case number assigned

November 15, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via email

November 17, 2010 - AOS online payment made

November 20, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via FEDEX

November 23, 2010 - NVC Received DS-3032

December 11, 2010 - DS-230 packet sent via FEDEX

December 14, 2010 - NVC Received DS-230 packet

December 21, 2010 - Received Checklist Cover Letter from NVC

January 6, 2011 - Case Completed

January 8, 2011 - SIF (Sign in Fail)

February 28, 2011 - Received email from NVC, Interview Scheduled for April 28

April 28, 2011 - Wife has the interview and PASSED!!

Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I've been following this forum for some time and now just wanted to join the conversation because i am going through the same thing here.

My fiance had her first interview last month and was given a blue sheet requesting a signed and notarized timeline of our relationship. So I provided it to them.

Now, she just had her second interview and was given another blue sheet. This is what it says:

The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you been found ineligible for her visa under the following section9s) of the US Immigration and nationality Act, as amended.

*Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit furter documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case. Case inquiries may be made by e-mail <hcmcinfo@state.gov> or by mail.

This came as a surprise because, I thought for sure she would get her visa this time around. I even made plans to visit her in Vietnam next month for an engagement ceremony. I even bought my plane tickets because it so cheap now and I have a two week vacation time.

I'm thinking of contacting the Consulate office and try to set up an interview while I'm there in Vietnam. Maybe that will prove our relationship is the real deal. Is this a good idea?

My fiance is worried that our case will expire soon. She seems to think that the K-1 visa application process is good for only 9 month. I never heard of this. Is this true?

We also discussed an alternative to this: Getting married while I'm in Vietnam, is this possible? We might try this if we don't get her a visa by the time I get to Vietnam.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I least your fiance got a second interview. For us, on the day that she came bac for the second interview, it was so busy that by 5 PM there are about 50 people still waiting. They called her up and hand her the same paper your fiance got. Getting married over ther is an option but you will have to wait for another year at least. I am also going back at the end of this month to see her and to talk to them. I was there on the first interview and spoke to them 3 time. Additional evident and time line was submit at the time and I got the empressing that my case will be good by the second interview but they did not call her some some reason.

As far as your case will expired, It is only good for 4 month from the day it approved but they can extend it as long as they feel that we are still intend to get married. However, all other paper, such as medical exxam and the police certificated are only gor for 6 months. I like to know what was said to your fiance at the second interview and first interview if it is possible. Can you call me at 727-452-3311. My name is Tuan

Hello Everyone,

Michael

The consulate in HCM has open call from 4-5 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You can just show up and talk to a CO. I don't think you can get an appt.

Please be careful about just jumping into a marriage while you are there. You have a pending K-1, which would become invalid if you are married. You need to wait for the disposition of this case before selecting a different course of action. Read the history on the East Asia forum and you will find many others who have been in your situation, along with advice on what to do and what not to do.

The CO can continue to extend the validity of the petition if they believe that there is still a valid case. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Michael

The consulate in HCM has open call from 4-5 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. You can just show up and talk to a CO. I don't think you can get an appt.

Please be careful about just jumping into a marriage while you are there. You have a pending K-1, which would become invalid if you are married. You need to wait for the disposition of this case before selecting a different course of action. Read the history on the East Asia forum and you will find many others who have been in your situation, along with advice on what to do and what not to do.

The CO can continue to extend the validity of the petition if they believe that there is still a valid case. Good luck.

Thank you for your response to this. I know it's a good idea to wait and see about the disposition. Either way I'm still going to Vietnam for the engagement ceremony. I may end up coming back to the US without my fiance and have to wait longer for her to get a visa.

I was doing some research on getting married in Vietnam and it doesn't look that simple.

K-1 Visa Timeline

October 2008 - First visit with Kha in Vietnam

November 2008 - Proposed to Kha

January 2009 - Sent I-129f petition for fiance visa

March 2009 - I-129f approved

July 2009 - Kha has interview (got blue sheet, need more evidence)

September 2009 - Second visit with Kha (Engagement Ceremony)

October 2009 - Kha went to US Consulate (got another blue sheet, denied visa)

December 2009 - Received notice from US Consulate, they sent docs back to USCIS

March 2010 - Received Notice of Decision from USCIS, all action is concluded.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

February 18-25, 2010 - Third visit to Vietnam, interview for marriage certificate

March 13-21, 2010 - Fourth visit to Vietnam, signed the book for marriage - yes!

April 16, 2010 - Sent I-130 petition for spousal visa

April 23, 2010 - I-797C, Notice Of Action

July 10, 2010 - Fifth visit to Vietnam, formal marriage ceremony and honeymoon!

October 26, 2010 - I-797, Notice Of Action - Approval!

NVC Process

November 12, 2010 - Letter received, case number assigned

November 15, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via email

November 17, 2010 - AOS online payment made

November 20, 2010 - DS-3032 sent via FEDEX

November 23, 2010 - NVC Received DS-3032

December 11, 2010 - DS-230 packet sent via FEDEX

December 14, 2010 - NVC Received DS-230 packet

December 21, 2010 - Received Checklist Cover Letter from NVC

January 6, 2011 - Case Completed

January 8, 2011 - SIF (Sign in Fail)

February 28, 2011 - Received email from NVC, Interview Scheduled for April 28

April 28, 2011 - Wife has the interview and PASSED!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

hi tuan i will call you tomorrow here my phone 760-481-9778 john

Michael

Hi Michael,

I least your fiance got a second interview. For us, on the day that she came bac for the second interview, it was so busy that by 5 PM there are about 50 people still waiting. They called her up and hand her the same paper your fiance got. Getting married over ther is an option but you will have to wait for another year at least. I am also going back at the end of this month to see her and to talk to them. I was there on the first interview and spoke to them 3 time. Additional evident and time line was submit at the time and I got the empressing that my case will be good by the second interview but they did not call her some some reason.

As far as your case will expired, It is only good for 4 month from the day it approved but they can extend it as long as they feel that we are still intend to get married. However, all other paper, such as medical exxam and the police certificated are only gor for 6 months. I like to know what was said to your fiance at the second interview and first interview if it is possible. Can you call me at 727-452-3311. My name is Tuan

Timeline
Thank you for your response to this. I know it's a good idea to wait and see about the disposition. Either way I'm still going to Vietnam for the engagement ceremony. I may end up coming back to the US without my fiance and have to wait longer for her to get a visa.

I was doing some research on getting married in Vietnam and it doesn't look that simple.

You had a huge red flag by not having engagement ceremony yet... they likely have you in the fraud detection queue with several others... just means that after 2 blues they are not comfortable and want the additional time to be sure... not much you can do.... you can call or write your congressman or senator... it doesnt mean denial.. just not approved yet.... get the Dam Hoi ASAP... that way they can't hold that against you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.