one...two...tree

Hawking: Ironically, My Death Panel Saved My Life

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I told you several times that there was no way to answer this beyond personal preconceptions. That isn't untrue - so surely there's no value to be had in speculation.

Why is yes/no the only acceptable answer?

He was asking for your opinion. Opinions are always based on personal preconceptions.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I told you several times that there was no way to answer this beyond personal preconceptions. That isn't untrue - so surely there's no value to be had in speculation.

He was asking for your opinion. Opinions are always based on personal preconceptions.

And my opinion is that speculation about such things is an utterly pointless exercise.

Timeline

And my opinion is that speculation about such things is an utterly pointless exercise.

So basically, you don't have an opinion.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
Sure, I do. Just not one that you like.

BTW Mark - what is it exactly that you guys are trying to achieve here?

We want you to say "yes, I believe the average joe would have gotten the treatment;

I have no evidence to believe otherwise."

See, wasn't so hard, was it?

Not the usual "impossible to answer" BS.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
As has been pointed out many times, the US has one of the worst rates of survival for babies amongst industrial nations.

We also have the highest cancer survival rates.

Of course, there are good things about the US system as well, but the good things do not eliminate the bad things, the shocking things, the things one should not find acceptable in a civilized society.

The United States has many areas that still have living conditions in-line with third world nations - lack of infrastructure for such simple things as sewers, water towers, roads, etc. Infant mortality is up there with impoverished nations. I live in Tallahassee, Florida, which is in Leon County, to our west is Gadsden County. Infant mortality is one of Gadsden's biggest issues - here is an excerpt about their situation:

Gadsden County exceeds the disparity gap for the state and the nation. For instance, the infant mortality rate for Florida's black infants was 13.44 deaths per 1,000 live births, which is 2.36 times the rate for white infants at 5.7 deaths per 1,000 births. In 1999, the infant mortality rate for Black infants in Gadsden County was 28.57 deaths/1,000 live births. This rate is 2.13 times the rate for Florida's Black infants, 1.27 times the county's total population rate and 2.74 times the rate of Gadsden County's White infants (10.42).

http://www.projectchoice.org/aboutus.cfm?b...partner=gadsden

Now, if that isn't an eye opener I don't know what is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sure, I do. Just not one that you like.

BTW Mark - what is it exactly that you guys are trying to achieve here?

We want you to say "yes, I believe the average joe would have gotten the treatment;

I have no evidence to believe otherwise."

See, wasn't so hard, was it?

Not the usual "impossible to answer" BS.

I must have missed where its written that I have to use language that's approved by you.

But this is all by the by: raking up a dead thread for the sole purposes of baiting is pretty lame, Mr Mark.

Timeline
I must have missed where its written that I have to use language that's approved by you.

But this is all by the by: raking up a dead thread for the sole purposes of baiting is pretty lame, Mr Mark.

It's your standard MO - "not enough information", "impossible to know", "too many factors", blah blah

How do you even get out of bed in the morning with so many factors to consider.

Timeline
Grow up, dude.

Grow a spine. If you have an opinion, express it - don't preserve wiggle room for future maneuvering

and butt-covering, just in case you turn out to be wrong. It's ok to be wrong sometimes.

It's your standard MO - "not enough information", "impossible to know", "too many factors", blah blah

How do you even get out of bed in the morning with so many factors to consider.

:rofl:

Could you imagine what would be written in the paper if the guy didnt get treated right away? He received special treatment for sure.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow