rkn777

How to get passport back from Manila after Medical?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Filed k-1 and fiance went medical, they forwarded her passpoort and k-2 to the Manila embassy. She is not going to an interview and we are not getting married. How can she get passport back from Manila? Do I need to send a letter, or can she? Any ideas on this one? You answers are appreciated....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Filed k-1 and fiance went medical, they forwarded her passpoort and k-2 to the Manila embassy. She is not going to an interview and we are not getting married. How can she get passport back from Manila? Do I need to send a letter, or can she? Any ideas on this one? You answers are appreciated....

She should write the letter, expaining the situation and requesting the return of her passport. Some embassies expect requests like that to be notarized.

Best of luck!

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

sorry to hear that, yes she can go to embassy personally and ask for it. she needs to have the id and interview letter. i am so sorry that it happen to u. good luck.

that is my suggestion only but more people will suggest u how to do it.

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

May as well finish it off since you guys went this far. May change your minds.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It is a nice sentiment to think will will work it out, but this is the second time I have filed a k-1 for her. It will not work out nor do I wish it to at this point. My best wishes to all though who do complete this process...

It is a nice sentiment to think will will work it out, but this is the second time I have filed a k-1 for her. It will not work out nor do I wish it to at this point. My best wishes to all though who do complete this process...

i feel sorry for that.your fiancee must write a letter to USEM explaining that she wants to get her passport and you guys will not pursuing your application.hope this helps.

AOS Timeline

07.25.09 sent AOS,EAD,AP

07.27.09 received aos by j chyba

07.30.09 NOAs for AOS,EAD,AP

08.07.09 biometrics done

Well my first pinay fiance didn't work out either. Turned out for the better as a couple years later without even trying I got a "keeper".

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.