evey

New here please help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have to say we are both just overwhelmed by all we didnt know and what we will have to do. My Fiance is coming to the U.S. in Sept. from the U K for visit and engagement. We are 61 and 62 years old. Do we send the K1 forms out now, when he comes to visit or when he leaves to go back home? He will be here for a week on a B2 visa, he only booked his flight for a week and thought he would be able to just stay and we get married and then go back to settle affairs and then return to the U.S. because he had no idea we would have to go through all of this. I am so glad I found this place because all of this can be heart wrenching to say the least.

I have so many questions i don't know where to begin.So again, my first question is when do we send out I-129F

Thanks to all that can help in anyway

Our time line

2010-03-02 I-129F Application sent to CSC

2010-03-04 Check cashed

2010-03-05 NOA1 Receipt

2010-03-08 Touched

2010-04-14 NOA2 Received email that our I-129F application was approved

2010-04-20 NOA2 hard copy received, Petition sent to NVC

2010-04-20 NVC sent Petition sent to embassy

2010-04-21 Called NVC and got case number

2010-04-23 Petition received at London Embassy

2010-04-28 Packet 3 letter of instructions from the London Embassy

2010-05-10 Medical appointment scheduled

2010-05-10 Passed medical, embassy will get report by Thursday

2010-06-19 Sent in packet 3

2010-07-07 Received appointment letter

2010-07-23 Interview Day

2010-07-23 Approoved!

2010-08-05 Recieved visa

2010-09-02 POE Arriving Atlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I have to say we are both just overwhelmed by all we didnt know and what we will have to do. My Fiance is coming to the U.S. in Sept. from the U K for visit and engagement. We are 61 and 62 years old. Do we send the K1 forms out now, when he comes to visit or when he leaves to go back home? He will be here for a week on a B2 visa, he only booked his flight for a week and thought he would be able to just stay and we get married and then go back to settle affairs and then return to the U.S. because he had no idea we would have to go through all of this. I am so glad I found this place because all of this can be heart wrenching to say the least.

I have so many questions i don't know where to begin.So again, my first question is when do we send out I-129F

You can send the I-129f whenever you want the when is not nearly important as the how. Make sure you read through the guides and make sure you have all the required documents and other stuff.

Best of luck to you both and welcome to VJ, enjoy your week together!!

:dance:

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
So again, my first question is when do we send out I-129F

As the process is not a short one, I would suggest that you send the I-129F out as soon as you possibly can. I really wish we had started our application earlier, but so it goes... good luck in your application, and don't hesitate to ask any more questions! It can be quite a daunting process, but people here are happy to help :yes:

Filed I129F: 18th February 2009

NOA 1: 24th February 2009

NOA 2: 10th July 2009

Received Packet 3: 28th July 2009

Packet 3 sent to London embassy: 5th August 2009

Medical: 7th August 2009

K1 Interview: September 2009

Visa received: September 2009

Moved to USA: 19th October 2009

Married: 23rd October 2009

Green Card received: March 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As the process is not a short one, I would suggest that you send the I-129F out as soon as you possibly can. I really wish we had started our application earlier, but so it goes... good luck in your application, and don't hesitate to ask any more questions! It can be quite a daunting process, but people here are happy to help :yes:

Thanks for your reply, I guess we have to wait until he is here from the UK because of asking if we met yet. Also we met on EHarmony, does this hold any problems for us? We have saved all EHarmony correspondences and all MSN and Yahoo emails and IMs also Skype calls and reular phone calls, can we use these? I live with and am my fathers caregiver, who is a WWII 100% disabled war vet, we own 2 houses together as far as income is concerned do we include him as a member of the household and would I include my fiance as a memeber of the household which would be 3? this is puzzling to me because when he comes on the K1 visa he will not have a job right away. I am tring to give as much info as possible so you all can better help us if you can. Thanks for all help we can get.

Our time line

2010-03-02 I-129F Application sent to CSC

2010-03-04 Check cashed

2010-03-05 NOA1 Receipt

2010-03-08 Touched

2010-04-14 NOA2 Received email that our I-129F application was approved

2010-04-20 NOA2 hard copy received, Petition sent to NVC

2010-04-20 NVC sent Petition sent to embassy

2010-04-21 Called NVC and got case number

2010-04-23 Petition received at London Embassy

2010-04-28 Packet 3 letter of instructions from the London Embassy

2010-05-10 Medical appointment scheduled

2010-05-10 Passed medical, embassy will get report by Thursday

2010-06-19 Sent in packet 3

2010-07-07 Received appointment letter

2010-07-23 Interview Day

2010-07-23 Approoved!

2010-08-05 Recieved visa

2010-09-02 POE Arriving Atlanta

Thanks for your reply, I guess we have to wait until he is here from the UK because of asking if we met yet. Also we met on EHarmony, does this hold any problems for us? We have saved all EHarmony correspondences and all MSN and Yahoo emails and IMs also Skype calls and reular phone calls, can we use these? I live with and am my fathers caregiver, who is a WWII 100% disabled war vet, we own 2 houses together as far as income is concerned do we include him as a member of the household and would I include my fiance as a memeber of the household which would be 3? this is puzzling to me because when he comes on the K1 visa he will not have a job right away. I am tring to give as much info as possible so you all can better help us if you can. Thanks for all help we can get.

Have you met in person yet? Best to try the shoe on before you buy it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.