Ju_Dan

I-29 form question...possibly stupid

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sorry in advance if this isn't something I should be worrying about. I think doing all this research and reading all these posts has just made me a bit nervous...

Anyway, here's my question: My fiance from Brazil has two middle names. They won't fit in the middle name field on the I-29F form if i try to type them both in. Should I just use one name? Should I try to write them both in with a pen? does this really matter?

Thanks!

Timeline
Sorry in advance if this isn't something I should be worrying about. I think doing all this research and reading all these posts has just made me a bit nervous...

Anyway, here's my question: My fiance from Brazil has two middle names. They won't fit in the middle name field on the I-29F form if i try to type them both in. Should I just use one name? Should I try to write them both in with a pen? does this really matter?

Thanks!

Just fit as much as you can in the form. My fiances' name is pretty long but we didnt have any problems.

04/2008: First Met in Person - Macae Brazil

04/2008-07/2008: Corresponded

08/15/2008: Second Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Third Trip to Brazil

10/16/2008: Engaged

11/18/2008: K-1 129F Filed w/USCIS

11/20/2008: NOA1 Received

12/19/2008: Fourth Trip to Brazil

02/17/2009: Fifth Trip to Brazil

03/06/2009: Sixth Trip to Brazil

04/14/2009: NOA2 Email – APPROVED (HURRAY <"OBA" as they say in Brazil> !!!!)

04/17/2009: NVC Recv'd Approved K-1 Petition From USCIS; “AP” Advised By Phone (ARGH! All that VSC wait & here we go again !!!!)

04/23/2009: Seventh Trip to Brazil

05/18/2009: RELEASED FROM NVC !!! On the way to the Rio Consulate (FINALLY !!!)

05/28/2009: Eight Trip to Brazil

06/30/2009: Consulate Interview Rio and APPROVAL!!!!

07/16/2009: Final Trip to Brazil before entry to the USA

07/30/2009: Mike on work trip to Singapore for 9 days, return 08/08/2009

08/09/2009: Miche scheduled entry to the USA!! POE Houston

08/10/2009: Closed on new home

08/20/2009: Married in Las Vegas

10/27/2009: Filed I-485/I-131/I-765 with Chicago CIS Office

11/03/2009: NOA1's Received for I-485/I-131/I-765

11/09/2009: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received for 11/18/2009

11/21/2009: I-485 RFE Received; responded 12/07/09 (Birth Certificate Translation)

12/15/2009: Touched

12/18/2009: Touched

Timeline

Thanks!

Just fit as much as you can in the form. My fiances' name is pretty long but we didnt have any problems.

By "fit as much as you can" I'm assuming you mean just enter one of the middle names and you don't mean that I should enter one of the middle names plus an incomplete second middle name (i.e., cut off the 2nd name)

again...sorry for the stupid questions :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thanks!

Use a pen. No problem.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiances first name didn't fit in the box, neither did "Philippines". I had to write in the last letter of her name and the 's' in Philippines on the I-129F. We got our NOA1 with the corrent name on there, so I don't think it will be an issue. Just write it in if it doesn't fit. My hand writing sucks so I only wrote one letter in.

Her middle name shows up as Letter with a period after it, not the full middle name.

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.