Rongko

Bank Account Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello, everyone.

I have a question regarding joint bank account. (Not using this as evidence )

As I've read that showing joint bank account/transferring money could do harm to K1 Application, here's my situation:

I (US citizen) opened a joint bank account in Indonesia with my fiancee, and put only $50 for opening balance (As of now). The reason I opened this bank account is to help her with immigration fee such as medical exam, plane tickets to Embassy, and other visa fees.

1. Is there any way for the embassy to find out about this?

2. If the Interviewer ask if we have a joint account , should she answer it honestly?

3. Will it be safe (record wise) to transfer money from the US to that account or should I just give her cash and let her deposit it?

Also, not far off from bank account topic,

My bank account (in the US) receives cash deposit every month because my roommate pays me with cash for his rent, then we just issued 1 personal check (using mine) to the landlord. Will this be a problem when they look into my income documentation? Maybe taking it as unreported income?

Thank you,

1. '91-'92 => Elementary School (Classmate w/ my fiancee - Fell in love for the first time)
  2. Nov '06 => Found Fiancee through Friendster
  3. Oct '08 => Visited Fiancee and became couple
  4. Feb '09 => 2nd Visit
  5. Jul 4th '09 => 3rd Visit and Proposed
  6. Aug 5th '09 => I-129F Sent Out
  7. Aug 6th '09 => I-129F Received
  8. Aug 10th '09 => I-129F Check has been cashed.
  9. Aug 12th '09 => NOA1 Received
  10. Oct 28th '09 => NOA2 Received Yay!
  11. Nov 2nd '09 => Received Hard NOA2.
  12. Nov 12th '09 => Called NVC , Finally they received and sent the package :D
  13. Nov 17th '09 => Received email from Jakarta Embassy (Package 3)
  14. Dec 11th '09 => Medical Exam
  15. Dec 15th '09 => Sent email to embassy for interview date
  16. Dec 20th '09=> 4th Visit
  17. Jan 14th '10 => Interview Date :)
  18. Jan 26th '10 => Passport & Visa Received :)
  19. Feb 21st '10 => Los Angeles Point of Entry
  20. Mar 20th '10 => Wedding day
    Adjustment of Status
  21. Apr 26th '10=> Sent out the I-485 Package
  22. Apr 30th '10=> Package Received by USCIS
  23. May 8th '10 => NOA Received from USCIS
  24. May 11th '10 => Received Notification for Biometric on 6/04/2010
  25. June 3rd '10 => Case to local USCIS
  26. June 4th '10 => Biometric
  27. July 9th '10 => EAD approved
  28. July 13th '10 => I-485 Approved
  29. July 20th '10 => Greencard received
    Removing Condition
  30. May 12th '12 => Mailed I-751 Package
  31. May 16th '12 => I-751 Received
  32. June 1st '12 => NOA Received
  33. June 26th '12=> Service Request
  34. June 28th '12=> Received Biometric letter
  35. July 16th '12 => Biometric
  36. Dec 8th '12 => GreenCard received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I gave my wife (then fiancee) a debit card to my US account... about the same thing

FWIW, the consulate is not the IRS

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, everyone.

As I've read that showing joint bank account/transferring money could do harm to K1 Application, here's my situation:

I (US citizen) opened a joint bank account in Indonesia with my fiancee, and put only $50 for opening balance (As of now). The reason I opened this bank account is to help her with immigration fee such as medical exam, plane tickets to Embassy, and other visa fees.

2. If the Interviewer ask if we have a joint account , should she answer it honestly?

3. Will it be safe (record wise) to transfer money from the US to that account or should I just give her cash and let her deposit it?

My bank account (in the US) receives cash deposit every month because my roommate pays me with cash for his rent, then we just issued 1 personal check (using mine) to the landlord. Will this be a problem when they look into my income documentation? Maybe taking it as unreported income?

Thank you,

no

yes

cash is king

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello, everyone.

Thank you,

1. I doubt it

2. You should always answer questions honestly

3. You can transfer money. It is also YOUR account. No problem.

I am not aware of any problems with fiancees having joint bank accounts.

No, your roommates deposits will make no difference. It is NOT required to claim all your income at any rate. I did not. My I-134 says one thing, my 1040 says another and my bank account shows more yet. People have all sorts of income, some of it is non-taxable so it does not show on 1040 forms, but it shows on bank deposits. I also, for example, receive reimbursement checks which go into my bank account. Reimbursements (which is essentially what your roommate does for you) is NOT income, it does not show on a tax return but does show on your bank statements. It is not correct to claim reimbursements as income, and I did not. The reimbursement ALONE I deposit would qualify to support a family of 2. None of that matters. There is nothing illegal here and as long as the income you claim on your I-134 is adequate and verified, it makes no difference. If you had 3 sources of income and all were over the guideline (or even one was) there is no need to state the other two, nor is there a need to state your assets if income is adequate.

I presented the I-134, my 1040 and a bank letter and ALL showed different amounts, but ALL were adequate. No questions asked.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.