masteryfic

Evidence of Genuine relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I just wanna ask if its ok just to have emails and pics for the evidence of on going relationship.

MY fiance and I chat alot online and he doesnt send me snail mails or cards. e-cards maybe. we dont have phone records too since he used phonecards to call me. this concerned me alot and got me nervous too since we are expecting for our NOA2 soon and got me nervous.

Also one thing is , is it hard to prepare for paper works for k1 application? Im a member of certain yahoo groups and i found alot of women applying for k1 hire someone to give them tips and help them prepare and arrange their papers for 100 dollars. that kinda amount is too big for me. i look at the embassy requirements for the k1 application and it seems the papers they need are not that hard to secure. anyone got and advice for me pls. im getting crazy thinking

if im going to get the paper arrangement service or not. but 100 dollars when coverted to peso is so big amount. :wacko:

Event Date

Meet Online : October 2005

First Visit : June 2007

Second Visit : End of December 2007 - January 2008

Engaged : December 29, 2007 (inside the airport car waaaa!!)

Third Visit : March 2009

I-129F Sent : April 22, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : May 14, 2009

I-129F NOA2 : August 14, 2009

NOA2 letter recd: August 20, 2009

NVC left : August 25, 2009

NVC letter recd: August 26, 2009

Consulate recd: unknown

Packet 3 : no packet 3

Medical : Sept. 14 - 15, 2009 - passed

Interview: Sept. 23, 2009 - Approved! yay thank you lord

POE : California - October 22, 2009 with my sweetie!

hey it is easy and everyone does it on their own,

u can do it and if u have any question post it here and we will be glad to help u.

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Hello everyone. I just wanna ask if its ok just to have emails and pics for the evidence of on going relationship.

MY fiance and I chat alot online and he doesnt send me snail mails or cards. e-cards maybe. we dont have phone records too since he used phonecards to call me. this concerned me alot and got me nervous too since we are expecting for our NOA2 soon and got me nervous.

Also one thing is , is it hard to prepare for paper works for k1 application? Im a member of certain yahoo groups and i found alot of women applying for k1 hire someone to give them tips and help them prepare and arrange their papers for 100 dollars. that kinda amount is too big for me. i look at the embassy requirements for the k1 application and it seems the papers they need are not that hard to secure. anyone got and advice for me pls. im getting crazy thinking

if im going to get the paper arrangement service or not. but 100 dollars when coverted to peso is so big amount. :wacko:

Betwwen WOF and VJ you can do it on your own easily.

Example!

http://www.theworldoffilipinas.com/forum/i...showtopic=13689

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Example!

Absolutely. Save your money. You don't need their service. No, it is not hard to prepare the K1 application. As long as you don't have any extenuating circumstances it's quite easy and your emails and pics will be fine for your interview.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Example!

Absolutely. Save your money. You don't need their service. No, it is not hard to prepare the K1 application. As long as you don't have any extenuating circumstances it's quite easy and your emails and pics will be fine for your interview.

:thumbs:

Online chats/vid cams is basically the only thing Umit and I did. I think we sent two packages to each other in our year long courtship. (we did visit each other though :))

Plus - relationship quetions are mostly at the embassy level, not USCIS/NVC at this stage. (I hope you met her in person within the last 2 years of filing the k-1?)

If the cost of the embassy requirements is causing you some concern, best be prepared for the costs down the road...

Trip from the PI to the US = $ varies (within the 6 months after visa is granted)

Marriage license = $ varies (within the 90 days of arrival)

AOS - $1010.00 (which you should do before the I-94 expires - if you don't - she will be out of status, subject to ICE problems)

Removal of conditions (2 years out) = currently Filing Fee : $465 (plus $80 biometric service fee)

You will also need to show sufficent income (125% over the poverty level as seen here)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

follow the advise above and also begin sending snail mails to eachother save your chat logs in yahoo and send emails back and forth

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline

Online chats/vid cams is basically the only thing Umit and I did. I think we sent two packages to each other in our year long courtship. (we did visit each other though :))

Plus - relationship quetions are mostly at the embassy level, not USCIS/NVC at this stage. (I hope you met her in person within the last 2 years of filing the k-1?)

If the cost of the embassy requirements is causing you some concern, best be prepared for the costs down the road...

Trip from the PI to the US = $ varies (within the 6 months after visa is granted)

Marriage license = $ varies (within the 90 days of arrival)

AOS - $1010.00 (which you should do before the I-94 expires - if you don't - she will be out of status, subject to ICE problems)

Removal of conditions (2 years out) = currently Filing Fee : $465 (plus $80 biometric service fee)

You will also need to show sufficent income (125% over the poverty level as seen here)

Yep..Just tell your fiance to keep his wallet out.

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Timeline

thanks everyone for the reply. i also thought that preparing the papers for the k1 application isnt that hard. i only thought it real hard cause i see alot of applicants paying for assistance in preparing for papers and orientations. i already told my fiance that we will start sending snail mails to each other. i have all the archives of our chats and we send emails to each other everyday when he gets to work. we have alot of pictures too since he visited me for 3 times of our 3+ years relationship. i feel a bit safe now lol. i guess i just worry too much and think too much too. :wacko:

Event Date

Meet Online : October 2005

First Visit : June 2007

Second Visit : End of December 2007 - January 2008

Engaged : December 29, 2007 (inside the airport car waaaa!!)

Third Visit : March 2009

I-129F Sent : April 22, 2009

I-129F NOA1 : May 14, 2009

I-129F NOA2 : August 14, 2009

NOA2 letter recd: August 20, 2009

NVC left : August 25, 2009

NVC letter recd: August 26, 2009

Consulate recd: unknown

Packet 3 : no packet 3

Medical : Sept. 14 - 15, 2009 - passed

Interview: Sept. 23, 2009 - Approved! yay thank you lord

POE : California - October 22, 2009 with my sweetie!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.