Keith & Xiang

I-134, amount in bank account

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Toria and Salvador,

Again - I-134 is not the controlling document. I-134 does not set the requirements.

Yodrak

Hey All,

Just to let everyone know, it depends on the consulate/embassy. Even though the I-134 asks for just 1 year of tax return. We're going through the US Interests Section in Havana, Cuba. The conoff specifically asked for the last 3 years tax returns.

Toria and Salvador

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yodrak-

I am self-employed & will most likely not meet the criteria (been a student for the past 2 years as well) therefore needing a co-sponsor. Since my sponsor does not work (retired) what kind of documents would I need? House deed? Investment account info? Her tax return? All 3?

Thanks!

You may find your answer here http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html#affidavit_of_support

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

devilette,

It's not clear who is who in your post. That aside, see the forms that I referred dwar to on the web site of the US embassy in London. In general, one needs documents that provide support for the specific income and assets that one claims to have.

Yodrak

Sorry Yodrak. I figured I'd ask you since perhaps you knew offhand. I have checked the UK site but it all gets so overwhelming. Now orries, thanks anyhow!

(I am the USC & my fiance's sponsor would be my mom)

I have retirement income in addition to my other income. I submitted copies of 1099R along with everything else. Surely there is something to show the income level of the sponsor ... bank deposits/receipts/statements/investment reports/tax records

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

I am no were close to submitting this document but what I am am hearing is that more info is way better than less. Not one year tax return but three years! I am blessed with a great job with good pay. Still I get nervous of this part of my Fiance being with me. Here is my list of what I beleive I will be submitting:

3 Years Tax Returns

Bank accounts showing at least 1 year of both checking and my savings account, Certified and stamped!

Life Insurance policies and what the cash values are. QUESTION: Should my beneficiary be my future wife even though we are not even married yet?

I will include my Pention as I work for the City and have no 401K. It does show cash value but again it states my Neices as the benificieries. I am not married to Maria yet!

I want to include a 2004 House appraisal. This is where I live and of course my future Wife.

The I-134 at #7 asks about personal property? Well, the post person stated owning a mobile home. isn't that personal property? I will be listing a classic car worth $40,000.00 My point is that where does it end? When it asks that "I have Personal property worth " can also be your High Fi steroe/DVD/HDTV and all furniture and household things you own".

I have been very blessed in my life and my struggle to succeed has paid off. I don't believe I will have a problem but I want to encourage those who may not, to list every available aset as just that! an asset.

Most of us should find that after truly looking at what we have, we are richer than what we thought:))

I truly hope my thread helped.

Filed: Timeline

BradLuvsMaria,

It ends where you believe that you've submitted sufficient information to convince a consular officer that Maria will not become a public charge after she enters the USA. Where you stop is entirely up to you. If the consular officer feels that you've stopped short they'll ask for more.

But the hurdle is really quite low - if a person can't clear it they're facing bigger problems than immigration.

Yodrak

... My point is that where does it end? ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.