lostinpaperwork

G-325A - Quick Question about "applicant box"

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filling out my 1_130 and G-325A.........On the bottom of the G-325A, there is a box which requests Family Name, Given Name, Middle Name and Alien Registration # for APPLICANT.

Now, on the G-325A for my wife (brasilian), I have entered her information there, without an ALien Regstration #, since she doesn't have one

For my G-325A, who is the applicant, and whose information goes in this box??? I am thinking it is my wife, but I am very unsure.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but I could not find it in the forums

thanks,

jed

Filling out my 1_130 and G-325A.........On the bottom of the G-325A, there is a box which requests Family Name, Given Name, Middle Name and Alien Registration # for APPLICANT.

Now, on the G-325A for my wife (brasilian), I have entered her information there, without an ALien Regstration #, since she doesn't have one

For my G-325A, who is the applicant, and whose information goes in this box??? I am thinking it is my wife, but I am very unsure.

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, but I could not find it in the forums

thanks,

jed

You need 2 sets of G-325A, one for yourself and the other one for your wife. Make sure, you fill out all 4 pages of one G-325A and then sign, date them. Your wife should sign and date her. If your wife does not have any alien number, simply write "NONE."

You can fill out the G-325A from the USCIS website. In that case, when you type information on the first page, it automatically fills these information for all 4 pages. Go to the USCIS website, click on "forms," find G-325A, download it and start typing. The USCIS website is:

http://www.uscis.gov

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

jed

Your spouse is the applicant on their G-325A

You are the applicant on your G-325A

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I understand that, and I am filling out two (one for me and one for my wife)

On the bottom part of the form...the last question in fact is "Applicatn, be sure to put your name and Alien Registration number in the box outlined by the heavy border"

Now, my question is..."In the box for my wifes G-325A, I put her name in this box outline by the heavy border....When I am filling out MY G-325A, whose name goes in the box outline by the heavy border??? Am I the applicant? or is it my wife?

thanks

I understand that, and I am filling out two (one for me and one for my wife)

On the bottom part of the form...the last question in fact is "Applicatn, be sure to put your name and Alien Registration number in the box outlined by the heavy border"

Now, my question is..."In the box for my wifes G-325A, I put her name in this box outline by the heavy border....When I am filling out MY G-325A, whose name goes in the box outline by the heavy border??? Am I the applicant? or is it my wife?

thanks

When you fill out your G-325A, your name goes in the box outline by heavy border. Similarly, when you fill out your wife's G-325A, her name goes in the box outline by heavy border. You are the applicant of your G-325A and your wife is the applicant of her G-325A.

Edited by simple_male

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Your wife is the applicant. You are the petitioner.

Eunice

thanks,

jed

Your wife is the applicant. You are the petitioner.

Eunice

thanks,

jed

Smilingasia,

Jed was specifically talking about G-325A. As you know, G-325A must be done by both US Citizen petitioner and alien spouse. So when Jed fills out his own G-325A, he is the applicant of his own G-325A and when his wife does her G-325A, she is the applicant of her own G-325A. In this context, the term "applicant" means for whom this G-325A application belongs to.

You are right, when you said Ted is the petitioner and his wife is the applicant in general sense, but the term "applicant" has different meaning for G-325A.

NVC Process of I-130:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.