12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know that I have already asked this question per say but i was wonder if someone could go more in detail for me, I have been reading peoples timelines and have noticed that They pay a 400 dollar fee for IV Fee bill generated, Is that the visa fee everyone is talking about? also I saw that you pay for something if you get a pink slip? what fee is this? When do you pay for all these things? trying to figure out all this before i start. :blink:

event.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I know that I have already asked this question per say but i was wonder if someone could go more in detail for me, I have been reading peoples timelines and have noticed that They pay a 400 dollar fee for IV Fee bill generated, Is that the visa fee everyone is talking about? also I saw that you pay for something if you get a pink slip? what fee is this? When do you pay for all these things? trying to figure out all this before i start. :blink:

This page give a good outline of the fees and when they are paid. When the actual visa is approved, there is often a small fee for delivery by mail or courier. How much is consulate specific. Some allow you to simply come back and pick it up.

http://www.fianceandspousevisa.com/FEES.html

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This page give a good outline of the fees and when they are paid. When the actual visa is approved, there is often a small fee for delivery by mail or courier. How much is consulate specific. Some allow you to simply come back and pick it up.

That's a great link pushbrk, thanks for posting it. :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Great link, but... it doesn't really add up the additional stuff. Not to scare anyone, but I have just about completed my journey (also had some great help from pushbrk) and the costs are more than just what is in the chart. please be aware of the additional cost that do add up. I posted a thread a while back showing more of a breakdown...

Ouch this really hurt

FYI - mine was calculated x4, 1 IR1 and 3 IR2s

Edited by eklondon

----------

Petition for Wife and our 3 kids. IR1 & IR2s

NVC Journey

April 22nd, 2009 - Received NVC Packages for all 4 Petition w/Case Numbers

April 22nd, 2009 - DS-3032 and AOS bill received in package

April 24th, 2009 - DS-3032 sent via email

April 24th, 2009 - AOS bill paid online

May 2009 - DS-3032 accepted

May 2009 - IV Fee Generated

May 26th, 2009 - Paid IV Fee Online

May 27th, 2009 - Shows Paid

May 28th, 2009 - IV Package Sent

June 1st, 2009 - Shows Delivered

June 15th, 2009 - Received RFE? for not submitting AOS

June 18th, 2009 - AOS Package sent

June 22nd, 2009 - Delivered 11:42 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

June 22nd, 2009 - Request for expedite submitted

June 24th, 2009 - Checklist received (AOS package)

July 7th, 2009 - Wife's Case Complete

July 7th, 2009 - RFE for kids cases

July 7th, 2009 - Overnight 864w to NVC for kids cases

July 10th, 2009 - Received package

July 14th, 2009 - NVC automated system show checklist letter received for kids cases

July 21st, 2009 - as per NVC request second email sent requesting expedite of interview

July 24st, 2009 - NVC cases show complete

November 23rd, 2009 - Medicals in Toronto

November 26th, 2009 - Medical packages received

November 2nd, 2009 - Interviews are scheduled for 12/18/2009

December 18th, 2009 - Approved and Visas in Hand

December 21st, 2009 - POE... Windsor/Detroit

Timeline
That was what I was looking for the whole fee's and costs involved. How many Pictures Do you have to have for each person for the entire thing?

2 for USCIS

2 for NVC

3 for the Medical

2 for Interview

5 sets (2 photo's per set) per person

My wife just went to Walmart Monday to get the final 5 pics for the 4 of them and they were kind enough to only charge her for 2 sets for 3 of them instead of the 3 sets for 4 that we should have been charged for. Thank You Walmart!

----------

NVC Journey

July 14th, 2009 - NVC automated system show checklist letter received for kids cases

July 21st, 2009 - as per NVC request second email sent requesting expedite of interview

Timeline
Is there a time limit on these pictures? say I go get them all done at the same time ... 15 sets lol 5 of each of us.

Or is it better to get them when requested

You do not need to date the photos

----------

NVC Journey

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
ok 2 for the uscis and 2 for the nvc

How many do I send with the i-130/Cr-1 package?

got confused.. hehe

I just send one passport style photo for the USC and one for the foreign spouse, with the I-130. NVC only needs one as well but only for the foreign spouse. Take care with the special dimensions. These are square photos, not rectangular. Even though USCIS will accept them in any reasonable size, NVC, Consulates and medical facilities require the correct size.

Costs for travel and other related expenses vary widely. We spent $10,000 by the time my wife and daughter arrived and that was before the fee increase. However, that includes the expensses of two trips to China plus two immigrants' travel to the US. You'll have to factor the extra costs in based on your own circumstances.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
ok 2 for the uscis and 2 for the nvc

How many do I send with the i-130/Cr-1 package?

got confused.. hehe

I just send one passport style photo for the USC and one for the foreign spouse, with the I-130. NVC only needs one as well but only for the foreign spouse. Take care with the special dimensions. These are square photos, not rectangular. Even though USCIS will accept them in any reasonable size, NVC, Consulates and medical facilities require the correct size.

Costs for travel and other related expenses vary widely. We spent $10,000 by the time my wife and daughter arrived and that was before the fee increase. However, that includes the expensses of two trips to China plus two immigrants' travel to the US. You'll have to factor the extra costs in based on your own circumstances.

Ok thank you, Im trying to follow what the Cr-1 guide says But It says only need the one picture, wasnt sure.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.