• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning everyone! Happy Wednesday to all!! Actually had to ask Wael what day it was!

We were blessed with a few raindrops, thunder and awesome lightning last night!! Is to

be 109 today. Am happy no one waited for me to discover Arizona! Poor Annie has to put

up with 113 today!

Wael had "snake" dreams last night. So of course I took it upon myself to see what it

meant. Don't want any "bad omens"!!!!!!!! :help::help::help:Snake

"A snake, being the ages old symbol of evil or satan, makes it a bad omen to have one show up in a dream. To see a lone snake and feel threatened by it shows that you have a bad enemy that is even then working against you, it also a warning against bodily harm from an enemy. To dream of many snakes in a pit is the foreboding of much bad luck in love or business. Should you overcome and kill a threatening snake in your dream shows that you will overcome your adversary and win out. "

Wonder how this day will be. :(:unsure:

Morning MENA...had to drag myself to work today...not motivated at all! At least it's Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Morning MENA, what a beautiful day, Im approved!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1:13 am when the text came in to my Black Berry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Lexy's first day of 1st Grade is coming soon! I loved her first day of Kindergarten :P It was so cute all the little ones getting in line. This year she has a pink (of course) Chicago Bears backpack. Her mom said the glue sticks at Walmart were .15 ! Good thing cuz the teacher wants like....15 of them.

Congrats Beth...da dancin is over on the 'waitin for something' thread :)

Have a great Wednesday ya'll

jJ

That is one thing that makes me grumpy about school shopping now. When I was a kid my mom just bought me and my sisters the supplies for ourselves, now the parents in our school district are having to buy not one glue stick, but give. Not one box of crayons, but three. Not 20 pencils, but 50. Basically, we are stocking up the entire classroom for supplies. :angry:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Wednesday MENA! Just got back from work.. The day was passing so slow.. So glad the week is close to be over.. I'm missing my fiance so bad.. :( Already made plans for tomorrow.. Meeting my cousin after work having lunch together and just going to chill out and have a good weekend 'hopefully'..

Beth, Congrats! So happy for you. :dance:

Amanda, Good luck with your job interview! :star:

HLM (whenever you stop by :) ), just wanted to say I prayed your mom gets visa approved and gets to be next to you and your baby. :)

Amy, Why don't you try getting school stuff from Egypt? Go to Carrefoure or Spinneys they've got great deals.. Also some stores in Giza and Cairo will have school stuff? I recommend Samir & Ali for notebooks and the rest of school things. :thumbs:

Hope everyone is having a good day! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Good Morning MENA

Well I managed to get some school shopping done, I was going to get these backpacks and i'm glad i put it under the price scanner, i thought maybe $20 but not more than $25, it was $60 :blink: WTH?? who would pay $60 for a backpack?? I went to another store and bought two almost identical to them at half the price.

Have a great day!

We always get them from either Lands End or LL Bean. In the beginning (kindergarden and 1st grade) I did get the $20 or less ones from Target, etc. but I ended up buying 2 or 3 before the school year was out. Same thing with winter jackets too. I find it's best to pay up front when you know the quality is good. My kids are going on their 3rd year with the same backpack so I figured I get my money's worth and my youngest always wears her sister's winter jacket from the prior year so I kind of luck out there too.

Oh and here once you hit middle school forget about lunch boxes. Brown bags are the way to go apparently. You'd think that it wouldn't be the case since all the kids are into going green but it's either a brown bag or nothing according to them. And heaven fobid I suggest that they actually BUY lunch! :blink:

Speaking of that, my youngest is going to her friend's barmitzvah (or bat...the one for the girl) and it's her first time going to one. (my oldest has been to 4 already). Anyhoo she said she wants to wear something black and white because she gives her friend her oreos at lunchtime in school. I asked why and she said, "she's jewish organic so her mom doesn't pack them".

:blink::blink::blink:

1) I don't want my daughter to give forbidden food to friends.

2) ####### is "jewish organic"? I've heard of orthodox jewish but organic?

I couldn't explain why it's not ok for her to give the oreo's because I don't understand the reason for not giving it. If it's an organic thing I can see then why she isn't allowed I guess but I looked up oreo cookies and they seem to be kosher, though they didn't used to be.

Anyways that's my story and I'm stickin to it :P I need a caffeine iv stat!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Nagi (F) Get better dear

Beth CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for school shopping I always feel if I don't get it when I see it, it will be gone.

I haven't started yet, but gonna have to. I usually do Walmart and Target...Dollar Store has some things I can use but somethings just aren't up to the quality of others. Thank God for Dollar Stores, though.

Just another day at the office.

I have my 2 girls coming over tonight so I am trying to figure out what to do about dinner with the little money I have in my pocket :unsure:

Thank God tomorrow is pay day for me.

enjoy your evening peeps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today was not such a good day haha.

I traveled to Cairo, it was SO hot... I lost my tolerance staying in Alexandria these last 6 months. And I thought Alexandria was bad...

Then I sat with my hubby in the US embassy waiting to submit our I-130 for DCF, I was so stressed out because I knew we made mistakes. But they didn't say anything and approved us alhamdulillah! After a long wait of four hours... it was so crowded. Mostly tourist visas. They barely wanted our evidence though, which was weird! She just took a copy of our passports, copy of the marriage certificate, original marriage certificate and the forms. She was a nice lady. :)

Then I went to City Starz and the trash lady in the food court threw away my invisalign braces!! OMG, I flipped... we couldn't find them after that and they were my last pair.. I was just waiting 6 more days to go home and get fitted for my retainer too... sigh.

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I traveled to Cairo, it was SO hot... I lost my tolerance staying in Alexandria these last 6 months. And I thought Alexandria was bad...

Then I sat with my hubby in the US embassy waiting to submit our I-130 for DCF, I was so stressed out because I knew we made mistakes. But they didn't say anything and approved us alhamdulillah! After a long wait of four hours... it was so crowded. Mostly tourist visas. They barely wanted our evidence though, which was weird! She just took a copy of our passports, copy of the marriage certificate, original marriage certificate and the forms. She was a nice lady. :)

Then I went to City Starz and the trash lady in the food court threw away my invisalign braces!! OMG, I flipped... we couldn't find them after that and they were my last pair.. I was just waiting 6 more days to go home and get fitted for my retainer too... sigh.

Congrats on the DCG filing/approval!!!!! :dance::dance: Sorry about your invisalign, that thing is fantastic for the teeth.

Hang in there, soon you will have another one.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

WOW, that's awesome! Congrats!! Sorry about the braces, at least you are soon on your way home to get your retainer.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Good Morning MENA

Well I managed to get some school shopping done, I was going to get these backpacks and i'm glad i put it under the price scanner, i thought maybe $20 but not more than $25, it was $60 :blink: WTH?? who would pay $60 for a backpack?? I went to another store and bought two almost identical to them at half the price.

Have a great day!

We always get them from either Lands End or LL Bean. In the beginning (kindergarden and 1st grade) I did get the $20 or less ones from Target, etc. but I ended up buying 2 or 3 before the school year was out. Same thing with winter jackets too. I find it's best to pay up front when you know the quality is good. My kids are going on their 3rd year with the same backpack so I figured I get my money's worth and my youngest always wears her sister's winter jacket from the prior year so I kind of luck out there too.

Oh and here once you hit middle school forget about lunch boxes. Brown bags are the way to go apparently. You'd think that it wouldn't be the case since all the kids are into going green but it's either a brown bag or nothing according to them. And heaven fobid I suggest that they actually BUY lunch! :blink:

Speaking of that, my youngest is going to her friend's barmitzvah (or bat...the one for the girl) and it's her first time going to one. (my oldest has been to 4 already). Anyhoo she said she wants to wear something black and white because she gives her friend her oreos at lunchtime in school. I asked why and she said, "she's jewish organic so her mom doesn't pack them".

:blink::blink::blink:

1) I don't want my daughter to give forbidden food to friends.

2) ####### is "jewish organic"? I've heard of orthodox jewish but organic?

I couldn't explain why it's not ok for her to give the oreo's because I don't understand the reason for not giving it. If it's an organic thing I can see then why she isn't allowed I guess but I looked up oreo cookies and they seem to be kosher, though they didn't used to be.

Anyways that's my story and I'm stickin to it :P I need a caffeine iv stat!

i'm with you on quality over quantity. the first north face coat i bought oliver he wore for two years, and even though he's grown out of it it's in good enough shape to be passed on to his cousin. he's using the same backpack as last year too- i don't remember what kind of bag it is, but i found it at a skateboard shop and it's pretty heavy-duty. he's made me use brown bags for his lunch since 1st grade too. kids and their quirks are so funny. and they change almost weekly.

i don't know what entails a jewish organic diet, but maybe the organic newman's oreos would be allowed? those things are ridiculously good.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Good afternoon Mena :energy: happy Wednesday. I went bowling with my grandmother & sister this morning. Then out to lunch with them, Adam and my grandfather. Life is certainly less stressful over here than back in Atlanta. Im half tanned and half burned from being out in the sun yesterday. Adam seemed to only get browner, lucky him! Congrats to Beth on the Visa approval. Hope all is going well for everyone!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.