RandyF

Passport stamp as proof of relationship

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Sry guys but I'm just confused on this part.. Do I need to copy all parts of my passport(petitioner) or I just need to send them the part on my passport that has a stamp on it?

I copied the pages that had information on them. It went through just fine.

I find it simple silly to copy ALL pages of your passport. Why would the front page not be enough? It has my passport code on there they can look up!

I sent in my birth certification back and front, and my passport (First page with signature/id/info and the stamps.

If that isn't enough then they need to learn how to use a computer to look up information.

It is the petitioner's/applicant's responsibility to provide the evidence.

Please don't delay your process by thinking that the work will be done for you by those at the Service Center, NVC, and/or Embassy. Sure way to get an RFE.

I sent in two pounds worth of proof and documents. If that isn't enough proof for them then we don't deserve a visa, no one does.

I sent in plane tickets, stubs, conversations, letters, cards, photos, birth certs, passports, driver license, tourist visa extension, medical bills, hotel bills, receipts and more.

If that isn't enough information for them, then some stories I read here make the USCIS disorganized and needs to be disbanded. Some people send in a few sheets of evidence and their K-1 and G25A's and they get approved, yet people who provide more than enough get denied.

What a joke. I'm not going to copy my entire passport, I included more than enough proof I am a citizen.

My Fiance: GuardianAngel

K-1 Visa Timeline:

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent: July 23, 2009

Check Cashed: July 29, 2009

NOA1: July 28, 2009

NOA2: October 21, 2009

Left NVC: October 28, 2009

Medical Passed: December 15/16, 2009

Interview Passed: January 19th, 2010

Air21 Confirmation: January 25, 2010

Visa received: January 26, 2010

CFO Completed: January 27th, 2010

Flight to US: Febuary 3rd, 2010

MARRIED!: March 20th, 2010

AOS Timeline:

AOS, EAD, AP Filed: April 29, 2010

AOS, EAD, AP NOA1: May 6th, 2010

EAD, AP Biometrics: May 25th, 2010

Timeline

If they send me an RFE my K-1 will be denied, because I sent them everything including the kitchen sink and have nothing left to send. Everything from day one was sent that we have about our relationship.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

If they send me an RFE my K-1 will be denied, because I sent them everything including the kitchen sink and have nothing left to send. Everything from day one was sent that we have about our relationship.

Dude, I'm sorry to tell you, but it is explicit in the K1 instructions that you must copy ALL the pages of your passport, not just your face page and stamped pages.

For mine, I made color pages of my face page and stamps at Kinkos, then just B & W copies of the blank pages.

You do need to dance to their music, my man, or else get kicked around by them.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline

Dude, I'm sorry to tell you, but it is explicit in the K1 instructions that you must copy ALL the pages of your passport, not just your face page and stamped pages.

For mine, I made color pages of my face page and stamps at Kinkos, then just B & W copies of the blank pages.

I sent them more than enough proof that I am a US citizen including everything that shows I am. I am not sending them blank copies. If they deny me with my birth certifcate and passport, that's just stupid.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I sent them more than enough proof that I am a US citizen including everything that shows I am. I am not sending them blank copies. If they deny me with my birth certifcate and passport, that's just stupid.

Don't worry about it. You only need to send copies of every page if you're using it as proof of citizenship. If you sent in other satisfactory proof of citizenship then you don't need to send ANY copies of your passport. However, if it's got visa stamps in it then those pages are good primary evidence for question 18 on the I-129F, as long as you also include a copy of the bio page. I doubt you'll get an RFE for the other pages, but anything is possible - it depends on the adjudicator who is reading your package.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

I agree that it is a stupid system. All bloated bureaucracies are. We hope you don't get a stickler adjudicator that goes by the letter, and not the spirit of the law. I'm curious how serious you think they are about their own instructions when they tell us to copy EVERY page of the passport for the petition. Maybe they are just kidding.

Cheers.

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didnt send any copies of my passport with my petition. Yea maybe it helps but its not 100% necessary. I probably would have if i had access to it, but I don't have my passport with me now and i figured i'd just go for it without copies of the passport and it worked. I mean if you have enough pictures of you together with your fiance, and letters of intent from both of you, theres really no better proof that you wanna get married and have been together before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.