Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

EXEsposadetucho

I fixed it! :lol:

No no no...the news was that they are here. All 4 of them LOL. Husband and I are also in major talks about adding #5 to the family :P

OK, I changed my username. I didn't even want to mention his name so I am just " ExEsposa" I left the Costa Rican flag because I still love the country . I learned alot in the last 2 years. I still have alot of good friends from that country who are very good to me. One man can't spoil everything for me...

I hope you guys still include me in your meeting.... whenever that may be. I love you guys !

Love your new name, Jenn..

Sarita, how's your new job?

CnT, I received your last text message. It is kinda exciting to think that after visa journey maybe there would be baby journeys for all of us.. :whistle:

Lisa, how's Josh and husbie?

Steve - I hope you would be well soon. Do not work too much!!

Happy Halloween to everybody!!

Baby journeys for WHO????????? Is anyone pregnant???? Did I miss something?

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting...Candid???? Tell us!!!! Text us!!!! :energy:

I have a feeling that Lisa and I will end up preggers at the same time... seems to be our trend :jest: What do you think Lisa? :lol:

I wonder if Steven is going to be a new daddy anytime soon??? :huh:

I'm convinced that children suck the time out of weekends and cause them to be shorter. I can't believe it's Monday already. I did not get my spa bath this weekend...nor did I get to even chat with my friends :cry:

Will try again to chat some time this week or weekend!

(L) yous!

I'm not expecting...Candid???? Tell us!!!! Text us!!!! :energy:

I have a feeling that Lisa and I will end up preggers at the same time... seems to be our trend :jest: What do you think Lisa? :lol:

I wonder if Steven is going to be a new daddy anytime soon??? :huh:

I'm convinced that children suck the time out of weekends and cause them to be shorter. I can't believe it's Monday already. I did not get my spa bath this weekend...nor did I get to even chat with my friends :cry:

Will try again to chat some time this week or weekend!

(L) yous!

Nah! I am not yet on the family way.. Soon???? :P

I will definitely text all of you to announce the good news... :luv: We are going to NY for a 3-day trip.. I am sure it would be fun.. Hmmm... little wendy on the making.. :lol:

But I am happy to announce that I am back to school!!! I am a PHOENIX.. :dance:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

woohooo for little wendys running around soon god willing :lol:

Maybe so CnT, seems to be our pattern :P

Jenn, I like the new name and OF COURSE you are still hanging with us ;)

Hello to everybody else, sorry I havent been around much over here.

We all really do need to set up a time to catch up

(L)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

DH has put in a request for 2 more sons. I told him I would see what I can do :lol: He said he would be more than happy to help me in the production :lol: Talk about baby factory, huh? :P

Start the production now!! :whistle:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
EXEsposadetucho

No no no...the news was that they are here. All 4 of them LOL. Husband and I are also in major talks about adding #5 to the family :P

Going for #5 You are brave :blink::) You must have your hand full now.

EXEsposadetucho

OK, I changed my username. I didn't even want to mention his name so I am just " ExEsposa" I left the Costa Rican flag because I still love the country . I learned alot in the last 2 years. I still have alot of good friends from that country who are very good to me. One man can't spoil everything for me...

I hope you guys still include me in your meeting.... whenever that may be. I love you guys !

HEY ExEsposa!! Howz it going? Hope you and the family are over the flu.

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline
Baby journeys for WHO????????? Is anyone pregnant???? Did I miss something?

WHOZ PREGGO????

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

I will definitely text all of you to announce the good news... :luv: We are going to NY for a 3-day trip.. I am sure it would be fun.. Hmmm... little wendy on the making.. :lol:

What are you taking at Phoenix? Are you still working @ Target?

This week was a busy week at work.........I am working for the same company, Same job. Just different country :)

It worked out well :star:

LISA - Howz Life., Howz Y enjoying his new JOb?

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

This week was a busy week at work.........I am working for the same company, Same job. Just different country :)

Hi Seren! I am taking BSB/GSM (Global Business Management). I am working for A&P Co not Target.. :yes:

It is good that you like your job. I decided to take another course in preparation for a new career.

Aren't you gonna join us in our baby journey in the near future? :P

That would be K3-Baby Journey Family Thread.. LOL

Timeline

Hi Seren! I am taking BSB/GSM (Global Business Management). I am working for A&P Co not Target.. :yes:

It is good that you like your job. I decided to take another course in preparation for a new career.

Aren't you gonna join us in our baby journey in the near future? :P

That would be K3-Baby Journey Family Thread.. LOL

Global business mangement - sounds interesting.

Baby Journey - I'm in :)

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Good morning everyone!

I am so tired today. My whole body hurts...yeah, think what you want, it's totally true :lol:

I miss you guys. I need to get with you and fill you in on everything.

Interesting event...yesterday we had a staff meeting. My boss made an announcement (which I thought was very nice actually) "I am extremely happy and proud to inform you all that (insert my name here) is now Dr. (insert last name here). Administration will be coming over and we'll be having a party to celebrate." I was like "wow"...I really didn't make a big deal out of it. I think she told alot of people because everyone throughout the hospital was congratulating me and calling me Dr. ____. I was feeling pretty good LOL

Things with the kids are okay. I'm frustrated with the youngest one. Everyone told us that he knew his letters and how to read in English. He doesn't know squat. Squat, I tell you! We spent 2-4 hours a day practicing with him, reading, writing, and translating things. Finally on Friday he took a test and got only 4 words correct out of 10. His teacher is being so helpful too. I told my husband we need to just put him back into kindergarten and let him learn his letters and phonics. I don't think he will make it through first grade at this point. His older siblings were arguing with us that he DID know everything but we were making him practice too much. I scolded them and told them that when we wanted advice on how to deal with the child, we would ask, until then, stay out of it! Don't get me wrong. They're good kids, compared to most kids here. The girls are very good with cooking, cleaning, and that kind of stuff. The older boy is very good about doing his chores. They are extremely respectful to me. Mom this mom that. I just worry that they are so behind socially. They don't know how to talk and interact with people. The girls who are at a marriageable age, don't have the first clue about how to be a wife. My husband wants me to train them, which I am limited in doing, because of their language barrier (and they don't even speak Arabic either). So I don't know what more to do. Everyone says it will take a year. I see how stressed my husband is for them. They are behind in schooling because of their previous living situation. He is worried they will never be able to catch up and get a complete education. I was confident before, but now I'm not so sure. His disappointment in their abilities is what caused him to want to "throw away these kids and make new ones" :lol:

I have really enjoyed every aspect of being a mom to the youngest one (unusually so) and it even caused me to see things in life totally differently. Now it's like I would like to have my own and see them grow up to be better and smarter than these (as their mom is illiterate and uneducated - even though she's been very nice so far). My husband also feels that if I raise his children they will turn out better. He's totally changed his mind about "there is better for them to learn culture and religion" and was ashamed that the youngest didn't even know how to pray yet.

My brother in law says he plans to come to our state when he returns from his family visit (which will be in about 6-8 months). He wants to open a business down here and partener up with my husband. He also wants to bring his kids and wants me to raise them too. I don't know how I became mother of the year. Even my neice, when she last came here, didn't want to be near anyone but me. She didn't let go of me all day. Last weekend, my youngest boy had his arms around my waist all day, even while shopping and doing laundry. Finally I had to distract him with something else so that I could go to the bathroom. LOL I kid you not! I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I can't keep them off of me :lol: I told my brother in law he needs to buy us a van if he plans to add more kids :lol: So that is where the whole baby making scheme came from. I have been researching daycares and nanny services. I was thinking to hire a live in nanny, but I don't know if we'll have the room anymore. I only have 5 bedrooms (4 of which are occupied). If I get my step-nephews then that will be occupied too :lol: I had to start shopping at Sam's Club for God's sake...what happened to my life??? :rofl:

Anywayz, that is my update. I wanted to chat with you all about it, but I don't know when I will have the time. Today I plan on letting the girls cook and I intend to do absolutely nothing except do laundry and catch up on my House episodes in between.

I hope you are all doing good. We didn't get the ss card yet. How long did you all take?

Liza, what's up honey bunny? Email me please.

Caro, did D get his license yet?

Sarita, did you ever get your BMW?

Stevo, where are you? I'll try and catch you on FB, you busy man!

Jenn, how are you feeling these days? I miss you girl! Did you ever fix things with your work?

Anyone hear from Mary (remember her on FB?) or Cintia?

Candid, congrats on the school. Very good idea! How are you feeling? How is the driving going now? Hopefully okay again?

(L) yous!

Good morning everyone!

I am so tired today. My whole body hurts...yeah, think what you want, it's totally true :lol:

I miss you guys. I need to get with you and fill you in on everything.

Interesting event...yesterday we had a staff meeting. My boss made an announcement (which I thought was very nice actually) "I am extremely happy and proud to inform you all that (insert my name here) is now Dr. (insert last name here). Administration will be coming over and we'll be having a party to celebrate." I was like "wow"...I really didn't make a big deal out of it. I think she told alot of people because everyone throughout the hospital was congratulating me and calling me Dr. ____. I was feeling pretty good LOL

Things with the kids are okay. I'm frustrated with the youngest one. Everyone told us that he knew his letters and how to read in English. He doesn't know squat. Squat, I tell you! We spent 2-4 hours a day practicing with him, reading, writing, and translating things. Finally on Friday he took a test and got only 4 words correct out of 10. His teacher is being so helpful too. I told my husband we need to just put him back into kindergarten and let him learn his letters and phonics. I don't think he will make it through first grade at this point. His older siblings were arguing with us that he DID know everything but we were making him practice too much. I scolded them and told them that when we wanted advice on how to deal with the child, we would ask, until then, stay out of it! Don't get me wrong. They're good kids, compared to most kids here. The girls are very good with cooking, cleaning, and that kind of stuff. The older boy is very good about doing his chores. They are extremely respectful to me. Mom this mom that. I just worry that they are so behind socially. They don't know how to talk and interact with people. The girls who are at a marriageable age, don't have the first clue about how to be a wife. My husband wants me to train them, which I am limited in doing, because of their language barrier (and they don't even speak Arabic either). So I don't know what more to do. Everyone says it will take a year. I see how stressed my husband is for them. They are behind in schooling because of their previous living situation. He is worried they will never be able to catch up and get a complete education. I was confident before, but now I'm not so sure. His disappointment in their abilities is what caused him to want to "throw away these kids and make new ones" :lol:

I have really enjoyed every aspect of being a mom to the youngest one (unusually so) and it even caused me to see things in life totally differently. Now it's like I would like to have my own and see them grow up to be better and smarter than these (as their mom is illiterate and uneducated - even though she's been very nice so far). My husband also feels that if I raise his children they will turn out better. He's totally changed his mind about "there is better for them to learn culture and religion" and was ashamed that the youngest didn't even know how to pray yet.

My brother in law says he plans to come to our state when he returns from his family visit (which will be in about 6-8 months). He wants to open a business down here and partener up with my husband. He also wants to bring his kids and wants me to raise them too. I don't know how I became mother of the year. Even my neice, when she last came here, didn't want to be near anyone but me. She didn't let go of me all day. Last weekend, my youngest boy had his arms around my waist all day, even while shopping and doing laundry. Finally I had to distract him with something else so that I could go to the bathroom. LOL I kid you not! I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I can't keep them off of me :lol: I told my brother in law he needs to buy us a van if he plans to add more kids :lol: So that is where the whole baby making scheme came from. I have been researching daycares and nanny services. I was thinking to hire a live in nanny, but I don't know if we'll have the room anymore. I only have 5 bedrooms (4 of which are occupied). If I get my step-nephews then that will be occupied too :lol: I had to start shopping at Sam's Club for God's sake...what happened to my life??? :rofl:

Anywayz, that is my update. I wanted to chat with you all about it, but I don't know when I will have the time. Today I plan on letting the girls cook and I intend to do absolutely nothing except do laundry and catch up on my House episodes in between.

I hope you are all doing good. We didn't get the ss card yet. How long did you all take?

Liza, what's up honey bunny? Email me please.

Caro, did D get his license yet?

Sarita, did you ever get your BMW?

Stevo, where are you? I'll try and catch you on FB, you busy man!

Jenn, how are you feeling these days? I miss you girl! Did you ever fix things with your work?

Anyone hear from Mary (remember her on FB?) or Cintia?

Candid, congrats on the school. Very good idea! How are you feeling? How is the driving going now? Hopefully okay again?

(L) yous!

That was a long read.. LOL..

Congratulations.. I am so happy for you... :dance:

I am feeling weird these past few days. Feeling that I wanna puke all the time. Do not know if I am pregnant or I have stomach flu. You will all know if it would turn out positive.

Anyway, my driving is ok now.. I am definitely back on the road. Work is fine as I would have a training as pharmacy assistant next month.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Timeline

CnT: I always love reading your post :) Congrats DOC!!!

For someone who suddenly went from Wife to MOM in 60 seconds...YOU ROCK!!! I think I would be having a melt down by now.

We got a CRV - We were thinking babies :)

About the SSN, I waited a week after I applied and then went to local office and they gave me my SSN number. If you go back to the Local SSA office they should be able to give you the SSN if it has been assigned.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Thanks Seren. Yes, he did go to the office (that's exactly what I told him, that they could give the number) but they told him it was "still pending, immigration has to approve everything" and that no number was available. I thought that was really odd. Oh well...one thing this "journey" has taught me is that there is absolutely nothing anyone can do but wait until they are good and ready to approve things.

By the way, Good Monday morning everyone! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.