johnj

Relationship Failed: Would you have told her?

68 posts in this topic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we are now suppose to tell you that her culture and thinking is wrong.?? and you did the right thing?? her thinking and culture is her thinking and culture. Youdid the right thing but a bit to late, Yougoing to have to live with it and the sins your father. Consider it when finding a mate again, put it out there fairly early. esp in foreign relationship, which have different thinking, values and etc ideas on things. Sometimes love doesnt conquer all, she doesnt know youenought to love you that deeply, that would come with time and yrs married.

My first thoughts after reading your reply was "What planet are you from"; after a day to reflect I now wonder "What solar system are you from"? Next time, before you provide your insight, take a few moments to read the entire post. If you had taken the few minutes necessary, you would clearly seen we worked out the problem; it was necessary to tell her so she could interact with my adult children and I had sought counsel before telling her. You state, "sometimes love doesnt conquer all", "she doesnt know youenought tolove you that deeply, that would come with time and yrs married" - Anyone that does not love me enough ("that deeply") would not be my future wife.

Don't sweat it John. fruitcake makes posts like this all the time in other forums. No one takes it seriously, and I think the root of it is probably a communication/language problem.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
... starting to come out of the woodwork.

No worries, cockroaches are good entertainment

Are you guys doing OK? I pray that this is so.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If you insincerely ask how others might have handled a given situation, and then attack them for their answers, you have a different agenda and game you're playing. And I'm out.

Frankly, you seem just a little too casual and easy going and snide for a man with a very dark tragedy in his family history. If the same thing happened to my family, the last place I'd be putting it out in all it's dark details is on some anonymous visa forum. If it's all true, my regrets and sympathy. If you're just another guy making up stories and working the forum for kicks, you'll soon be on the receiving end of the wrath of the Russian forum. Their too smart.

For me, over and out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If you insincerely ask how others might have handled a given situation, and then attack them for their answers, you have a different agenda and game you're playing. And I'm out.

Frankly, you seem just a little too casual and easy going and snide for a man with a very dark tragedy in his family history. If the same thing happened to my family, the last place I'd be putting it out in all it's dark details is on some anonymous visa forum. If it's all true, my regrets and sympathy. If you're just another guy making up stories and working the forum for kicks, you'll soon be on the receiving end of the wrath of the Russian forum. Their too smart.

For me, over and out.

Visavetern; I was fine with all the advice until the last week; where folks outside the regular Russian forum seem to want to attack. I do not believe I have made any negative comments to anyone posting an honest opinion without blaming me of my father's ill deads. Yes, I agree, my sarcastic way of dealing with this situation may not sit well with you; after a couple years I refused to live in hell and decided to live a life-my girls have also moved on and are now living a real life not marred daily by this disaster. Nevertheless, this was a part of their life and I thought my SO needed to know about it so she could deal with problems as they arose.

Are you guys doing OK? I pray that this is so.

Yes, we are doing much better; thanks for your concern.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.