Mdtdnb

I-129F question 16: Roman language

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Lithuania
Timeline

ok here is another I-129F question...I searched and found CLOSE to what i was looking for but can't seem to get a concrete answer.

My fiance is from Lithuania and while I am still learning some of these details I have been informed of the following:

"Lithuanian (lietuvių kalba) is the official state language of Lithuania and is recognized as one of the official languages of the European Union. There are about 2.96 million native Lithuanian speakers in Lithuania and about 170,000 abroad. Lithuanian is a Baltic language, closely related to Latvian, although they are not mutually intelligible. It is written in an adapted version of the Roman script. It employs a modified Roman script and is composed of 32 letters. "

So it since the I-129F states on question 16 to use a native alphabet if it uses "other than Roman letters," My question is:

What if the language uses MODIFIED ROMAN LETTERS?

Secondly, If we do need to insert the address in the native alphabet, do we insert it in English with the correct format, or in Lithuanian with correct format?

(i.e. LIETUVA (native language) vs. LITHUANIA (english)

Thanks in advance, and also if anyone has any concrete answers, can you include a reference? Thanks!

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Lithuania

Event & Date

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-21

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-25

I-129F RFE(s): N/A

RFE Reply(s): N/A

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
ok here is another I-129F question...I searched and found CLOSE to what i was looking for but can't seem to get a concrete answer.

My fiance is from Lithuania and while I am still learning some of these details I have been informed of the following:

"Lithuanian (lietuvių kalba) is the official state language of Lithuania and is recognized as one of the official languages of the European Union. There are about 2.96 million native Lithuanian speakers in Lithuania and about 170,000 abroad. Lithuanian is a Baltic language, closely related to Latvian, although they are not mutually intelligible. It is written in an adapted version of the Roman script. It employs a modified Roman script and is composed of 32 letters. "

So it since the I-129F states on question 16 to use a native alphabet if it uses "other than Roman letters," My question is:

Secondly, If we do need to insert the address in the native alphabet, do we insert it in English with the correct format, or in Lithuanian with correct format?

Thanks in advance, and also if anyone has any concrete answers, can you include a reference? Thanks!

Have your fiance/e write his/her name using the Lithuanian alphabet on question 16. The Vietnamese language (Tiếng Việt) also uses a modified Roman alphabet. :thumbs:

I wrote the addresses on an attachment in both Roman and Vietnamese script. On the forms I wrote "see attachment".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

write it exactly as she would in Lietuva. Many common European languages use modified Roman letters including French, Spanish, German, Polish, Czech..etc. Just write everything as she would in her native country.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Lithuania
Timeline
write it exactly as she would in Lietuva. Many common European languages use modified Roman letters including French, Spanish, German, Polish, Czech..etc. Just write everything as she would in her native country.

ok thanks. Are you in agreement with Jim and recommend an attachment explaining the differences? It seems like too much info would be better than not enough?

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Lithuania

Event & Date

I-129F Sent: 2009-08-21

I-129F NOA1: 2009-08-25

I-129F RFE(s): N/A

RFE Reply(s): N/A

I-129F NOA2: 2009-10-07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

ok thanks. Are you in agreement with Jim and recommend an attachment explaining the differences? It seems like too much info would be better than not enough?

I am in agreement that too much info is not a bad thing. No attachment is necessary.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.