vartan

after noa2

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just a little curious after noa2 I understand that the USCIS office sends our stuff to NVC.. Now after this I am confused.. I have seen some information about but I either don't trust the oppinion or don't understand..

I know I am supposed to send a copy of my I-129F and all that to my fiance.. so after NVC gets the paperwork what is required by me (is this the infamous Packet 3?) :blink::blink:

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just a little curious after noa2 I understand that the USCIS office sends our stuff to NVC.. Now after this I am confused.. I have seen some information about but I either don't trust the oppinion or don't understand..

I know I am supposed to send a copy of my I-129F and all that to my fiance.. so after NVC gets the paperwork what is required by me (is this the infamous Packet 3?) :blink::blink:

After NOA2, you'll have your case sent out to the foreign embassy or consulate. Once they get it, they'll send Packet 3 to your fiance. This packet contains instructions and a few forms to be filled out (and they vary from country to country). They'll ask for some documents, such as an affidavit of support, birth certificate, criminal records, among others.

After you've gathered everything they've asked for, your fiance will send the consulate or embassy a form stating everything's ready to have an interview scheduled (together with some other documents). After that, packet 4 will be sent, with yet other forms to be filled out, instructions for the medical exam and the date for the interview.

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
They'll ask for some documents, such as an affidavit of support, birth certificate, criminal records, among others.

So I need to send my affidavit of support to my fiance in Taiwan then?

So to understand I (US Citizen) get packet 3? or my fiance (Taiwan)? I know she will get packet 4 (Taiwan).. but 3 does that come to me then I send it back?

Sorry I am confused

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She will get packet 3. Yes you need to send your I-134 (support) another letter of intent to marry, Copy of your I-129 packet that you originally sent in. Original of your birth certificate, Original of your divorce papers (if married before). I think that is it. You can go to the embassy site. Most of them have pages telling the person what will be required. We have already filled out copies of all the forms they need and all my Fiancee has to do is copy it to the official forms. Also your fiancee will need police certificate from any country she has lived in for more than one year (that is total time)

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline
They'll ask for some documents, such as an affidavit of support, birth certificate, criminal records, among others.

So I need to send my affidavit of support to my fiance in Taiwan then?

So to understand I (US Citizen) get packet 3? or my fiance (Taiwan)? I know she will get packet 4 (Taiwan).. but 3 does that come to me then I send it back?

Sorry I am confused

Hey, no problem. Feel free to ask as many times you need to sort things out.

Your fiance will be the one getting both packets.

Packet 3 contains the affidavit of support that *you* will need to fill out (but you can also use the form USCIS has up). So you'll need to send her the affidavit of supports together with other documents they'll ask for that basically will serve them to confirm your financial situation (bank statements, maybe a letter from your employer stating how much you make), your tax documents.

She'll need to get her criminal records, birth certificate, passport picture and fill out some forms herself.

With all that - the documents and form *you* will send her and the documents she herself will have to get, she'll let the consulate know she's okay to be interviewed.

After that, your fiance will get packet 4, which contains other forms for *her* to fill out and the medical exam instructions. She'll also get to know the interview date.

She will get packet 3. Yes you need to send your I-134 (support) another letter of intent to marry, Copy of your I-129 packet that you originally sent in. Original of your birth certificate, Original of your divorce papers (if married before). I think that is it. You can go to the embassy site. Most of them have pages telling the person what will be required. We have already filled out copies of all the forms they need and all my Fiancee has to do is copy it to the official forms. Also your fiancee will need police certificate from any country she has lived in for more than one year (that is total time)

Yeah. The letter of intent to marry is not really required. I know it's in the VJ guides, but they don't mention it anywhere in Packet 3. The same goes for copies of the I129f packet.

Another thing that you'll have to gather (both of you) is evidence of ongoing relationship that she'll need to have with her for the interview. That's phone bills, e-mails, pictures, letters, whatever you think necessary to prove that.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
Original of your birth certificate

That is scary .. haha thanks for the info guys I think I understand it now. My only problem with checking what the embassy needs is there is no embassy in Taiwan since China won't recognize it as a country no one else does either (I guess) There is a psuedo embassy there but not an actually embassy site.. They are helpful though I will have my fiance give them a call. And I am glad you mentioned police reports because she was here for 6 years on a student visa.. I will make sure she gets that pulled.

Another thing that you'll have to gather (both of you) is evidence of ongoing relationship that she'll need to have with her for the interview. That's phone bills, e-mails, pictures, letters, whatever you think necessary to prove that.

More evidence??? Geez .. this evidence thing is nuts..

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline
Original of your birth certificate

That is scary .. haha thanks for the info guys I think I understand it now. My only problem with checking what the embassy needs is there is no embassy in Taiwan since China won't recognize it as a country no one else does either (I guess) There is a psuedo embassy there but not an actually embassy site.. They are helpful though I will have my fiance give them a call. And I am glad you mentioned police reports because she was here for 6 years on a student visa.. I will make sure she gets that pulled.

More evidence??? Geez .. this evidence thing is nuts..

Again, they don't ask for the petitioner's original birth certificate (but the beneficiary's). You'll only be asked to send proof of citinzenship - copy of your passport of birth certificate will sufice.

The first set of evidence you've pulled together was to prove having met within the 2 past years. Now, you'll have to prove that you are indeed in a relatioship.

But, dude, don't worry. She'll get packet 3 and you'll know exactly what you guys will need to get.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I believe you have to send the NOA2 as well.

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Timeline

Yes you will need to send NOA2 also. I was told that is good idea to send NOA1 and NOA2 (originals), any copies of RFEs. Normally they will not ask for original birth certificate of petitioner but they have the right to ask for originals of all paperwork. I gave my Fiancee originals of everything in one folder just marked originals. That way no matter what they asked for she had it.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Timeline
The first set of evidence you've pulled together was to prove having met within the 2 past years.

Hahah I sent them proof of the relationship.. Hope they got everything except the kitchen sink..

Oh well thanks for the info guys that really cleared up the confusion.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline

All the information that you need is right here!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Timeline

yeah I read that but it didnt state the difference between packet 3 and packet 4. Now I am good

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hey D, you know what's going on so I ask you...

If I need a co-sponsor for the I-134, do only they fill it out? Or do I need to do one as well(I am the petitioner, FYI)?

Edited by devilette

Timeline

Sorry Devilette not sure on that one. Maybe there is someone here who has used a sponser. I think you will both need to fill one out as the form is basically for one person. But might want to ask the group as not 100% sure. Sorry

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Timeline

Hey devilette not sure if all embassies are the same but the one in taiwan states (for affidavit of support)

II. Joint sponsor's documents (if required):

( ) Form I-864 completed by a joint sponsor if the petitioner's income does not meet the 125% income requirement. Note: The petitioner must also submit an I-864.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.