LAC34

Does moving affect what service center im assigned

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

My question is this, I have moved from North Carolina to California for a job with DoD, I haven't notified USCIS of this yet, will my petition be transfered to the correct service center when i notify them of the address change?

:no:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Hello everyone!

My question is this, I have moved from North Carolina to California for a job with DoD, I haven't notified USCIS of this yet, will my petition be transfered to the correct service center when i notify them of the address change?

I moved when I was doing my citizenship, and all I had to do is my oath ceremony, 30 min. I was stupid enough to do an address change, they told me the ceremony has to be at the center in which I am currently living in and ... in the process of moving the file they actually sent it to storage and it took 7 months of calling, writing, complaining, involiving senators to get them to take the file from storage and schedule me for the short ceremony. As becoming a citizen is a priviledge, not a right I did not have much leverage. K-1's are a citizen's right to marry anyone they want, I don't think that will make much difference, but I hope you don't have to change centers because it is so easy for something to go wrong.

Just my 2c.

Timeline:

K-1 Visa

04/09/09 : I-129F Sent to Vermont

04/10/09 : I-129F Received by USCIS

04/14/09 : NOA1

08/19/09 : NOA2

08/24/09 : NVC Received

08/25/09 : NVC Left

08/27/09 : Consulate received

08/28/09 : Packet 3

08/31/09 : Packet 3 sent

09/16/09 : Interview - Approved

09/21/09 : Trip to Dallas

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.