TomandHongyan

fiance from China

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is it true that fiance's petitions from china take longer because of the US wants to slow down the amount of petitions from that country. I read this on some other site and have yet to find it again.

Is it true that fiance's petitions from china take longer because of the US wants to slow down the amount of petitions from that country. I read this on some other site and have yet to find it again.
Edited by silverfox5859

Silverfox5859

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Tom,

I am not sure about if they are trying to slow down the number of petitions. It is possible there are more obstacles in the background checks with China than with other countries or it takes more effort with getting background checks in the more remote areas. From the stats 2 to 4 months is very common in getting the NOA2. It is so hard to say because there were others that have a similar timeline as mine and some got their NOA2 before me, some after me. Then I see there are still some waiting. Vermont does seem to be taking longer than California. It sure looks like the USCIS is processing at a fast rate now. My NOA2 came only after 76 days from the NOA1, I think according to the stats it is 121 days for the average. My petition did not get a touch until when it was approved. Maybe a background check was initiated when the NOA1 came through and then it was only a matter looking over the petition and bam it was done.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No, I don't think so either. We received our NOA 1 on Feb. 25, and our NOA 2 on July 7. My fiance and I are still waiting for our first information packet. I don't think the slowness is on the US side, but rather over here in China, while our file goes through customs, and then all the paper work and the interview, etc. Guangzhou is infamous for being a tough consulate for K-1 though... my hands get sweaty just thinking about my Sweetie's interview. :wacko:

Snail-Mail Pen-Pals for 7 years... met in person in May 2008. Engaged in August 2008. Took some time deciding what to do, where to marry, etc... Applied for K-1 in January via attorney in CA.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-07

Packet 3 Received : 2009-08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-19

Packet 4 Received : 2009-09-10

Interview Date : 2009-10-14 Submit Review

Visa Received : *hopefully!!!*

US Entry : 2009-10-17

Marriage : 2009-11-21

Comments : nervous! :P

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 132 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 231 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No. Just no.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.