33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: CONGRATS

Gabriel went for his interview this morning and said everything was wonderful.

I was worried because this weekend I received an e-mail from the Consulate that said that Gabriel's interview date is August 20th and it referred me to the Packet 3 attached to the e-mail and said Gabriel should contact the medical provider they listed to get his medical. Apparently, the Nigerian Consulate began a new process on July 1st in which no one is allowed to pick up their packets in person, they have to wait to receive their interview dates by e-mail. But Gabriel had picked up his packet 3 on June 16th and was given July 20th as his interview date. So when I got the e-mail, and it didn't say his interview had been "rescheduled to August 20th," I didn't know if it was just a snafu or what. So I told Gabriel to go to his scheduled interview date and to just wait and see what happens.

So Gabriel arrived at the Consulate at 5:20 a.m. At 7:00 he was let in. He first showed his interview letter and they checked to see if his name was on the list. Obviously his name was still on that list, so they then gave him a paper with a number on it, and then he went to pay his visa fee. He then had to wait a while, and then was called into cue. He waited in cue for a while and then was called by a very nice lady who collected his receipt and card, and immediately started asking him questions.

1) Who filed your petition?

2) How did you meet? (We met because I had formed a Foundation and asked a Nigerian friend of mine if he had any contacts in Nigeria who I could work with on an HIV/AIDS project. My friend said he knew someone in Delta State who had an NGO and gave me Gabriel's website address. I then contacted him.)

3) Who is this friend? What does he do for a living? When's the last time he visited Nigeria?

4) How long have Gabriel and I been talking?

5) Have I ever visited Nigeria?

6) Why have I not visited Nigeria?

7) Who is Emmanuel (Emmanuel is Gabriel's brother whose number was on my phone records.

8) What proof do you have for us? Gabriel took out pictures, cards, letters, phone records, receipts, travel documents, but she said she only wanted to see the pictures. He tried to also give the cards, but she said, no I don't need to look at that, just give me a few minutes. She took the pictures and came back shortly with a slip that says he has been approved.

He received his approval around 12:00 noon his time. Told to pick up his visa in 8 days (July 28th)

PRAISE GOD!

Thanks to all VJ Members who have shown me support through this process.

PMEmail Poster

Thanks,

Desmond & Cynthia

event.png

jmzeik3yh0mx.png

My King Has Arrived!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS :dance::dance::dance:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.