7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We will be submitting our AOS and would like to know if my wife's NOA2 or K-1 visa already have

the A#. Is this needed on the I-485?

Also, we need to verify how long we can wait to submit our AOS. We arrived in the U.S. on April 2nd, were

married on June 27th, 2009 and her I-94 expired on July 1st.

The only requirement that's clear is you must be married within 90 days, nothing I can find that explains

how much time you have to submit the AOS. What do people do if it takes them 2-3 weeks to obtain their

certified marriage certificate etc....

Thanks very much for your help.

Both the NOA2/K-1 Approval Notice and the K-1 visa have the A# on them (NOA2 just above the beneficiary's name).

There is no set time limit to file your AOS but the sooner the better (preferred before the I-94 expires but is not an absolute rule) - this is to protect your (now) spouse's status (not to mention getting things going so she can begin enjoying the privileges of having a PR/Green Card). A couple/few weeks past the I-94's expiration is OK. :thumbs:

Timeline
Both the NOA2/K-1 Approval Notice and the K-1 visa have the A# on them (NOA2 just above the beneficiary's name).

There is no set time limit to file your AOS but the sooner the better (preferred before the I-94 expires but is not an absolute rule) - this is to protect your (now) spouse's status (not to mention getting things going so she can begin enjoying the privileges of having a PR/Green Card). A couple/few weeks past the I-94's expiration is OK. :thumbs:

I am confused, the K-1 visa doesn't have any A# on it like the NOA2. I assumed she doesn't have an A# until she receives her green card?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Look on her K1 visa page. You will see there, left lower part, A# ..... that's her alien number.

You will find it below the name and address of the petitioner...

Goodluck! :thumbs:

I am confused, the K-1 visa doesn't have any A# on it like the NOA2. I assumed she doesn't have an A# until she receives her green card?

Timeline
Look on her K1 visa page. You will see there, left lower part, A# ..... that's her alien number.

Thanks, I didn't see the A# when I last checked on the K1 visa page but I will check again.

Timeline

What's the difference between the Nonimmigrant visa# (red# on the visa page?) and the A# (from the NOA2?) and what does the A# stand for?

We didn't see her A# anywhere on her visa page so we are very confused???

What's the difference between the Nonimmigrant visa# (red# on the visa page?) and the A# (from the NOA2?) and what does the A# stand for?

We didn't see her A# anywhere on her visa page so we are very confused???

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/display...cat=0&pos=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.