Dau Que

An Qua Nho Ke Trong Cay

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Is it me or almost ALL of the "beneficiaries", especially those who can perfectly understand and speak English since their petitioners in the US are US born citizens, NEVER bother to come in here to say "Thank you" to this board after their arrival in the States? After all, they wouldn't be here to enjoy a better life, hopefully, if it's not due to part of the tremendous help from Visa Journey.

I'm wondering whether they're too busy or they just don't CARE?

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Is it me or almost ALL of the "beneficiaries", especially those who can perfectly understand and speak English since their petitioners in the US are US born citizens, NEVER bother to come in here to say "Thank you" to this board after their arrival in the States? After all, they wouldn't be here to enjoy a better life, hopefully, if it's not due to part of the tremendous help from Visa Journey.

to bust dealing with the change to a new life.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Interesting observation. I notice almost the opposite with visa cases involving the Philippines, where it seems a lot of the VJ members are beneficiaries rather than petitioners. Maybe it just has to do with the number of cases involving the Philippines vs. the number of cases involving Vietnam. In the last year there are 413 K1 cases on VJ for the Philippines, and 34 for Vietnam.

I guess it could be a cultural thing. My fiancee is taking an active role in the process, but it's been heavily guided by me. If I tell her she needs some document, then she promptly goes out and gets it, but she hasn't been doing a lot of research on her own (to my knowledge). She also dutifully writes down all of the interview questions anyone posts, but only when I point out the thread to her. Other than that, I don't think she comes here to read the threads. On the other hand, if I point out a thread where I've posted then she does read my posts. :blush:

Language could also be a part of it. My fiancee is very self conscious about her English, and reluctant to speak or write to people she doesn't know well. There is some basis for this because her English is quite fractured. When she tells me "Em new stay home" then I know she means she just got home, but someone else reading it might think "#######?".

Anyway, before you see more beneficiary's coming her to say thanks, I think you'd need to see more beneficiary's joining and becoming actively involved before they get the visa.

I don't think my fiancee realizes how much help I've been getting from this site. Or, if she does, she probably thinks of it more like a research library than a bunch of people helping each other. When it's all done, she'll probably be thanking me, but I'll be here partying up a storm - and the beer will be on me!

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Interesting observation. I notice almost the opposite with visa cases involving the Philippines, where it seems a lot of the VJ members are beneficiaries rather than petitioners. Maybe it just has to do with the number of cases involving the Philippines vs. the number of cases involving Vietnam. In the last year there are 413 K1 cases on VJ for the Philippines, and 34 for Vietnam.

I guess it could be a cultural thing. My fiancee is taking an active role in the process, but it's been heavily guided by me. If I tell her she needs some document, then she promptly goes out and gets it, but she hasn't been doing a lot of research on her own (to my knowledge). She also dutifully writes down all of the interview questions anyone posts, but only when I point out the thread to her. Other than that, I don't think she comes here to read the threads. On the other hand, if I point out a thread where I've posted then she does read my posts. :blush:

Language could also be a part of it. My fiancee is very self conscious about her English, and reluctant to speak or write to people she doesn't know well. There is some basis for this because her English is quite fractured. When she tells me "Em new stay home" then I know she means she just got home, but someone else reading it might think "#######?".

Anyway, before you see more beneficiary's coming her to say thanks, I think you'd need to see more beneficiary's joining and becoming actively involved before they get the visa.

I don't think my fiancee realizes how much help I've been getting from this site. Or, if she does, she probably thinks of it more like a research library than a bunch of people helping each other. When it's all done, she'll probably be thanking me, but I'll be here partying up a storm - and the beer will be on me!

Good point Jim.. My Vietnamese speking and reading is limited and if this forum were totally in Viet, I would be apprehensive to participate.. the same would be true to those beneficiaries as well. It is hard enough for Thuy to understand the process requirements as I explain them, let alone venture into this maze of English and slang...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Good point Jim.. My Vietnamese speking and reading is limited and if this forum were totally in Viet, I would be apprehensive to participate.. the same would be true to those beneficiaries as well. It is hard enough for Thuy to understand the process requirements as I explain them, let alone venture into this maze of English and slang...

I don't even attempt anything more complicated than casual conversation with Phuong in English. She's still thrown by words that sound the same when spoken, like "no" and "know". Her written skills are better than her spoken skills because she doesn't get much opportunity to use English except with me. Anything that's critical to be explained correctly, like stuff having to do with the visa process, I double translate with Google. First, translate to Viet, and look over the translation to make sure every word got translated. Then translate back to English and make sure it's still clear. Sometimes I even cross check the Viet words in my dictionary. Her and I both carry pocket English/Viet dictionaries when we're out and about. It sometimes takes a little extra time, but we've not yet encountered a situation where we weren't able to adequately explain something to each other.

My Viet vocabulary is comparable to someone who's taken a crash course in "Survival Vietnamese for Tourists". I can ask some basic questions, but anything more than a basic answer will confound me. :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

cám ơn anh đậu que

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This isn't facebook? :blink: Why the h#ll do I keep hanging around here? No wonder I never get any cool virtual drinks sent my way. :ranting:

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

hahahaha Roger

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Timeline
This isn't facebook? :blink: Why the h#ll do I keep hanging around here? No wonder I never get any cool virtual drinks sent my way. :ranting:

I sent everyone Mai tai's didnt you get one?

I sent everyone Mai tai's didnt you get one?

I KNOW I DIDEN' :(

HAHAH The title of this thread just about sum it all up. I can't believe someone would put this as a title those. It's good. We are so busy working on our paper work and it would be nice of those who already been there that would still come back here and help us. I know I will because some of us on here really need help. I was a noob and thanks to vj, I can be able to help some of you out.

Anh Map oi! Thank you for staying back on VJ. HOW'S THAT? heheheh :) :) :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMHO,

If you were helped and guided by VJ during your freshman year (so as speak), and you are now graduated. But instead of becoming a strangers to the forums, you are an Alumni of the University of VJ. A value Alumni will contribute and give back to the university, joint discussion, assist and guide the new comers and freshman without making an @$$ out of themselves.

I disagree with Dau Que in regard of the VIET girls didn't show up on VJ and say "THANK YOU" to VJ. If your woman understand how important VJ is to your journey, and encourage you to continue to help out new members which taking times out of your busy life (hint: Roger - Get that hotdog francises up and running yet?). Then that's more than just an empty say: Cảm Ơn VJ! Action speaks louder than word.

I also understand the complexity of this whole process to appreciate everyone's input and help more and more each day I read the forum. Value members contribute invaluable information and guidance to the board which I find keeps it alive and well after 5 years on this board for me.

So by our present, You (the USC) and me, are being here is the testimony of your wife's apprication of VJ.

Be well,

Chuck and Kim

P.S. Notice how I always try to sign my wife's name and mine... Get it!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

DauQue, there are some other webs by Vietnamese language to help fiances or wives to understand their process. The only thing they need to do is to search by Vietnamese language and post the questions.

I still come back here sometimes, but I think that I should appear on the Vietnamese webs to help the beneficiaries (Viet girls) because they need me in Vietnamese language. In here, VJ, you had all the information from webs and others friends. Do you need me to post the other webs for the wives?

Edited by Hien

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.