3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone. I am a US citizen.I was trying to bring my fiancee to America from Vietnam.I filed a I-129f in March,2008.I received the approval in June for my K1/K2 visa's.I had flown back to Vietnam to help her with the paperwork, and she had her interview at Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) on September 15,2008, after which they asked for more information from the 2 of us.After giving them the information ,they did not give her the visa's based on 4 reasons. 1).She didn't know the schools her children would attend. 2).We didn't have wedding plans, although we have 3 months to get married after entering the USA. 3). the pictures only showed us together for 2 days, but she had over 24 pictures and they didn't look at them. 4). they say .she told them I proposed marriage to her the 1st day we met face to face, which she didn't say.They talked about FAM 42.43 N2.2. So, after the bad news, people had told us the best thing for us to do was to get married, which we did October 26, 2008. Then I came back to the USA, filed an I-130, with a received date of December 21,2008,using a local attorney.I just received the approval notices on July 10,2009.One week later I received an Email stating this: Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On July 16, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice,because I thought the Fiancee petition was dead after filing a I-130. After getting married, we only spent 2 weeks together, and I would really like to have her come to America as quickly as possible.Thank you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only the USCIS can officially "kill" a previous petition as the consulate does not have that ability..

The consulate finally returned your previous petition. I would send a letter to the USCIS informing them no review is needed as your wife is no longer eligible, because she is no longer your fiancee but your wife...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello everyone. I am a US citizen.I was trying to bring my fiancee to America from Vietnam.I filed a I-129f in March,2008.I received the approval in June for my K1/K2 visa's.I had flown back to Vietnam to help her with the paperwork, and she had her interview at Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) on September 15,2008, after which they asked for more information from the 2 of us.After giving them the information ,they did not give her the visa's based on 4 reasons. 1).She didn't know the schools her children would attend. 2).We didn't have wedding plans, although we have 3 months to get married after entering the USA. 3). the pictures only showed us together for 2 days, but she had over 24 pictures and they didn't look at them. 4). they say .she told them I proposed marriage to her the 1st day we met face to face, which she didn't say.They talked about FAM 42.43 N2.2. So, after the bad news, people had told us the best thing for us to do was to get married, which we did October 26, 2008. Then I came back to the USA, filed an I-130, with a received date of December 21,2008,using a local attorney.I just received the approval notices on July 10,2009.One week later I received an Email stating this: Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On July 16, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

I was wondering if you could give me any advice,because I thought the Fiancee petition was dead after filing a I-130. After getting married, we only spent 2 weeks together, and I would really like to have her come to America as quickly as possible.Thank you.

Once you are married the K1 petition is Invalid. I'm in the same boat that you are in. We were denied the K1 got married filed for an I-130 and are waiting. But they are also reviewing my K1 not sure why but one thing when you refiled for your I-130 you need to make sure you addressed the denied K1 or there is a good chance the consulate will deny again.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.