msdelila

Israel DCF Interview passed CR1 approved

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

I just thought I'd write a summary of our interview experience in Jerusalem Israel. We never received any pink slip that I've been hearing about, but she just told him they would call him when his passport will be ready, in about 2 weeks.

We arrived at 7:30am for our 8:30am appointment. We waited outside til 8:00am when they opened the doors. We then went through security. Got to the waiting room, and we were called right away (about 5 min). The man, who was not the interviewer, but a consulate worker (arabic guy), asked my husband (beneficiary) for all the papers. He gave him all the required documents, and then we went downstairs and paid the $400 fee at the cashier. We returned back to the guy, and gave him the receipt. After about 15 min my husband was called for his interview. I was also able to come with him to the window. It was am asian woman, and she seemed fairly nice. She first asked me, why I wanted to move back to the States. I told her that I was going to study my PhD. She asked to see proof of this, so I gave her my acceptance letter. I was prepared and brought the letter, but I was a bit surprised that she actually asked for it. After all, I'm the American, and why should I have to prove why I'm coming back home, but no problem. Anyways, she then politely asked me to sit in the waiting room. She took my husband's fingerprints and then asked him a few questions. What does he do for a living? Has he applied for a job in the States yet? What am I doing for a living? What does he plan on doing in the States? Why did I (petitioner) move to Israel? She read some over some of the documents, and "kind of" asked him to confirm if my parents names were X and Y, to which he said yes. Then after that she told him that it will take about 2 weeks to get his passport back, since they are really backed up. She asked if he already had a flight booked, to which he said no. Then we left.

We left the consulate at around 9:40am. The interview itself lasted about 5 min. The pre-interview stage where you give all the papers and documents to the consulate worker took about 10-15min. We were the first people to arrive to the embassy, and the first people to go to the window and get interviewed.

Overall, we were pleased and all of the embassy workers seemed very nice. Even when we forgot my husbands expired passport in the car (with his tourist visa), they let me run out and get it, and allowed me back in the embassy without having to wait in the long lineups. We didn't think we needed his old passport, but since it still had a valid tourist visa, I suppose they still wanted to see it.

So that's about it. Thanks to this website and all the people who helped answer my questions, we were able to have everything prepared and organized. So we basically whizzed through the interview.

Congrats! Sounds like it went really smooth for you both....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/25/2009 - DCF I-130 in Kuwait

06/01/2009 - Approved by DHS/UCIS

06/01/2009 - Packet 3 received with approval email

07/05/2009 - Uzbek Police report received

07/07/2009 - Uzbek Police report authenticated by embassy

07/08/2009 - Medical Exams completed

07/30/2009 - Birth certificate translated and authenticated

08/12/2009 - Kuwait police certificate requested (10 days to process)

08/13/2009 - Sent email to embassy to request interview appointment date

08/16/2009 - Kuwait embassy responded with interview date

08/26/2009 - Interview for wife!!!

08/26/2009 - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

09/01/2009 - Passport with visa and immigration package received by DHL

10/05/2009 - POE at DFW. No issues, very quick

10/15/2009 - Applied for SSN

10/15/2009 - Back to Kuwait to pack and move to Germany

Now working on expedited naturalization....

02/18/2010 - Now working in Germany. Filed N-400 under INA sectin 319(b)

02/24/2010 - Received in Lincoln, NE

03/17/2010 - Check Cashed

03/26/2010 - NOA received requesting additonal payment for Biometrics even through 2 fingerprint cards were supplied with the application.

03/29/2010 - Mailed additional check for $80

04/12/2010 - Biometrics check cashed

04/19/2010 - NOA received saying that payment for biometrics was received

05/11/2010 - Email alert saying case is now in Testing and Interview status. Waiting for interview appointment.

06/15/2010 - Passed Naturalization exam. Same day Oath Ceremony

06/17/2010 - Applied for US Passport

grats!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.