redsilk46

AOS Change of Address While Petition Pending

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

We filed for AOS in December 2008. We moved from our old address in April 2009 and filed AR-11 electronically, Sponsor Change of Address by mail and also notified USCIS by phone. We received all confirmation letters and Notice of Action at our new address but the Green Card and Welcome Letter was sent to our old address even though all previous correspondence came to new address. Fortunately the Post Office forwarded it to the new address. I called USCIS just to check but they said they do not have access to personal information and if we were concerned to make an INFOPASS appointment at our local office which is some distance. I suspect the California computers are slow to update but I am wondering if anyone else had this problem and did they solve it by going to the local office or just assume everything is ok since we have all the documentation. We received Green Card 7/14/2009. Any comments would be appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

If you received your green card, what petition is pending?

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Timeline
Maybe just send in another AR-11 + I-865 indicating SECOND SUBMISSION on top of the forms? You have your GC, so it's not a big deal. But do send the forms again. That, or go for an infopass appointment

Thanks I will take your advice..................................redsilk46

Timeline
If you received your green card, what petition is pending?

Sorry but until the post today on VJ the AOS was still pending but the question concerned address problems, nothing concerning the receipt of the card itself. Sorry if my question was not clear but thanks for your reply.............redsilk46

I wouldn't be worry. You have confirmation letters that you changed your address. It was USCIS's mistake to send your green card to the old address. Your case is closed and nothing to be worried.

If I were you, I would just call USCIS to tell them about their mistake and ask what you should do, you can also tell them that you can't come on INFOPASS.

However, I think that everything is all right.

Adjustment of Status

Dec 3, 2008 - Aug 20, 2009 (approval on August 7th)

Removing of Conditions

May 9, 2011 - October 4, 2011 (approval on September 28th)

Naturalization

July 19, 2014 - N400 packet sent out

July 21, 2014 - N400 packet delivered

July 23, 2014 - received email/text that I-797 is issued

July 26, 2014 - received I-797 in mail

August 11, 2014 - received the Biometrics notification

August 14, 2014 - biometrics walk-in (original date August 20)

August 18, 2014 - in line for interview scheduling

September 9, 2014 - yellow letter is received (letter is issued September 3)

November 3, 2014 - interview notice is issued (email/text alert)

November 10, 2014 - interview notice received with the interview date of December 11, 2014.

November 10, 2014 - request to reschedule mailed out

December 5, 2014 - interview notice is sent out (email/text alert)

December 11, 2014 - received an interview letter in mail

January 10, 2015 - interview on Saturday at 7am

January 26, 2015 - sent the requested documentation

February 26, 2015 - oath letter is issued (email/text alert)

March 2, 2015 - oath letter is received

March 18, 2015 - oath at 8am

Timeline
I wouldn't be worry. You have confirmation letters that you changed your address. It was USCIS's mistake to send your green card to the old address. Your case is closed and nothing to be worried.

If I were you, I would just call USCIS to tell them about their mistake and ask what you should do, you can also tell them that you can't come on INFOPASS.

However, I think that everything is all right.

Thank you for your advice............................................redsilk46

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For My citizenship, I had filled Form AR-11 (filed both electronically and mailed) and called USCIS as well.

On a infopass appointment, I found that I was not getting any NOAs due to them having my old address.

Hence I would suggest that you go to the field office if possible, and confirm that the change of address made it through.

K-1 Timeline:

Oct 06, 2008 - I-129F sent to USCIS

Jul 08, 2009 - Interview at Montreal Consulate

Jul 10, 2009 - US Entry. POE: Buffalo, NY

Jul 15, 2009 - Marriage

AOS Timeline:

July 29, 2009 - AOS, AP, and EAD sent to USCIS

July 30, 2009 - USCIS receives Documents.

Aug 05, 2009 - Received NOA Dated July 31.

Aug 10, 2009 - Biometrics letter. Appointment date: Sep 2nd.

Aug 13, 2009 - AOS transferred to CSC.

Sep 02, 2009 - Biometrics done at Elizabeth, NJ location.

Sep 16, 2009 - Received emails of EAD(Card production Ordered) and AP(Approval notice sent).

Sep 21, 2009 - Received 2nd email of EAD(Card production Ordered)

Sep 22, 2009 - Received AP.

Sep 26, 2009 - Received EAD Card

Oct 19, 2009 - AOS transferred back to NJ.

Nov 05, 2009 - RFE for I-693

Dec 02, 2009 - USCIS receives I-693 vaccination supplement.

Jan 06, 2010 - RFE for Entire I-693 needed since CBP/USCIS loses our documents.

Feb 04, 2010 - I-693 received by USCIS.

Feb 17, 2010 - Green Card in mail!!!

Conditions Timeline:

Nov 17, 2011 - Sent I-751 application to Vermont office.

Nov 22, 2011 - I-751 Receipt Notice/Extension letter sent by USCIS.

Jan 04, 2012 - Biometrics done at Elizabeth, NJ location.

Aug 31, 2012 - GC approved.

Sep 11, 2012 - GC mailed. USCIS says we should receive within 7 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Not to beat the horse with the same stick, but the moment that you received your greencard, then your petition is no longer pending; hence, at this point you're done with this process; when you start the next process, which is lifting the status of the greencard or whatever is called, then that's a new process, but for that, you start with a new application, which will have your current address. So at this point, there is nothing to worry about and no need to send an update of your address to USCIS, as you finished this process, and you already alerted them of your move. Matter of fact, pretend that you changed your address now, and go to that online change of address form, and it will specifically tell you that if you have no process pending, then you only complete the online form, and you do nothing else. If you were to be in the middle 'of a process', then it will tell you something else, which i forget at the moment what it is, but since you're no longer in the middle of a process, then you do nothing else, but submit the form. ;) As long as you keep uscis informed of your moves, then you're ok, now that your process is finished for this specific aos stage.

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Timeline
Not to beat the horse with the same stick, but the moment that you received your greencard, then your petition is no longer pending; hence, at this point you're done with this process; when you start the next process, which is lifting the status of the greencard or whatever is called, then that's a new process, but for that, you start with a new application, which will have your current address. So at this point, there is nothing to worry about and no need to send an update of your address to USCIS, as you finished this process, and you already alerted them of your move. Matter of fact, pretend that you changed your address now, and go to that online change of address form, and it will specifically tell you that if you have no process pending, then you only complete the online form, and you do nothing else. If you were to be in the middle 'of a process', then it will tell you something else, which i forget at the moment what it is, but since you're no longer in the middle of a process, then you do nothing else, but submit the form. ;) As long as you keep uscis informed of your moves, then you're ok, now that your process is finished for this specific aos stage.

Thank you so very much for your advice and insight. It is greatly appreciated.....................redsilk46

For My citizenship, I had filled Form AR-11 (filed both electronically and mailed) and called USCIS as well.

On a infopass appointment, I found that I was not getting any NOAs due to them having my old address.

Hence I would suggest that you go to the field office if possible, and confirm that the change of address made it through.

Thank you for your thoughts......................................................redsilk46

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.