rockhouse

Just called the USCIS regarding March filers...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The service rep told me that they were indeed working on the cases filed late November. I then asked her, "does that mean that we have 3 to 4 months worth of cases ahead of ours until they get to the March filers?"

She said, "yes"

I said, "it's already been 4 1/2 months since our case was filed. How is it possible that with 3 to 4 months worth of cases ahead of ours, that we will receive the NOA2 within the 6 month time frame?"

She said, "the last known case to be adjudicated was dated November 25, 2009. We ask that you wait the 6 month allotted time and if no changes have been made to your case, call back and inquire further."

This is really frustrating and disheartening.

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The service rep told me that they were indeed working on the cases filed late November. I then asked her, "does that mean that we have 3 to 4 months worth of cases ahead of ours until they get to the March filers?"

She said, "yes"

I said, "it's already been 4 1/2 months since our case was filed. How is it possible that with 3 to 4 months worth of cases ahead of ours, that we will receive the NOA2 within the 6 month time frame?"

She said, "the last known case to be adjudicated was dated November 25, 2009. We ask that you wait the 6 month allotted time and if no changes have been made to your case, call back and inquire further."

This is really frustrating and disheartening.

Unfortunatly you talked to someone that didnt have a clue other than the USCIC proccessing data that we have access to by clicking the proccessing times link above. They pull up the page that says NOV 25 and they take liberties with that data... They dont know anything other that what they see on the USCIS site... its a darn shame... That Nov 25 date should adjust this week by the way so if you were to call and get that same person at the end of the week.. the story would change... You are not the first person here to get misinformed by the reps at USCIS.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

^OK, thanks. I guess i won't let it get me down. She made it sound like even 6 months would be fast for receiving the NOA2.

Hopefully she was just basically reading the site, like a script....it did sound like she was reading a script.

So the wait continues...

29ngqhd.jpg

What they told you is the truth (and pretty much all they could tell you) - and was nothing you probably didn't already know.

What they (and their web site) should say is - The oldest petitions they're working on/adjudicating are from November - not the most recent ones. In other words - someone out there in petition-land has been waiting since November but there are plenty of others who have filed much more recently that are being processed.

If that helps/makes-sense...

Otto und Karin's explanation is the most popular and sensable one on VJ for the processing times. The best way to find out how close you may be to being adjudicatd is to watch VJers who were receipted about the same time as yours. When they start getting approved your approval should be close. Some will get an approval early and some late, but the majority will be approved close to the same time.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

The Vermont Service Center has been averaging 139 days from the NOA1 to the NOA2 for the last 3 months. Remember this is an average, yours may be shorter or longer.

Link to Stats

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.