Melly 2

Manic MONDAY!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hey everybody! My son is home, safe and resting. He looks so different! The doctor warned us that his face would change dramatically and it did. His nose is now pudgy like his sisters and his lips are perfectly straight. The doc said probably not any more surgeries on his lip but his nose may need a tuck possibly before his late teens when he is to get a rhinoplasty.

He was very anxious this morning. They normally give the kiddies a kiddy cocktail with versed and tylenol in it. Well my little guy is allergic to the versed. He wasn't given anything and everytime somebody would come into the room he would freak out. They took his father and I into the anesthesia induction room and it was a freaking nightmare. It took 4 people to just hold his arms and legs down, a doctor holding his head and another to keep the gas mask on his face. We tried to let him do it but as soon as he felt weird or strange he would throw it off. Let me tell you, spit was spit, punches were thrown, big pinches were given and a few good kicks in the chest before he was under. It was heartbreaking but thank God it is over with!!!! We do have to go through this next month again for another procedure he has to have but I am hoping that I can get his pediatrician to give him valium or something to calm his nerves before we even leave the house.

I just want to say thanks to everybody who remembered him. It means a lot for my family. God bless.

Tasha Im glad he is doing well now. Sorry it was tough to get him under.

I am making an appt with my sons plastic surgeon while im in ny to talk about revision and see what he thinks. Hugs to you and your little guy. Hopefully his pedi can give you something for the next procedure.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks Annie and those are great quotes btw.

a1angied thanks for the compliment as well.

Currently I am being stalked by a mosquito and I have found myself swatting the little freckles on my legs thinking they are the little ####### because I felt an itch near them. :lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Ahmed and I had a fight today :( We are all made up now, but seriously hate not being together. Actually that is what the stupid fight was about. Sometimes we both lose patience. Sigh.....I know, our time will come. It's still hard. Anywho.....

Nagi prayers coming your way (F)

Melly glad you found a place you are happy with.

Tasha, al7amdulillah so glad to hear your son's recovering and well.

Sorry for my spelling errors today folks, I realized after reading some of my post. You would think English is my second language.

:huh:

Have a great rest of your Monday or great beginning of your Tuesday everyone.

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Ha! Surprisingly my Husband came home tonight during work, which is a first, to attack me with kisses for 10 minutes. :wub: Then he asked me if I needed anything before he had to go back to work.

At least that's my version. Go figure? ^_^

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey everybody! My son is home, safe and resting. He looks so different! The doctor warned us that his face would change dramatically and it did. His nose is now pudgy like his sisters and his lips are perfectly straight. The doc said probably not any more surgeries on his lip but his nose may need a tuck possibly before his late teens when he is to get a rhinoplasty.

He was very anxious this morning. They normally give the kiddies a kiddy cocktail with versed and tylenol in it. Well my little guy is allergic to the versed. He wasn't given anything and everytime somebody would come into the room he would freak out. They took his father and I into the anesthesia induction room and it was a freaking nightmare. It took 4 people to just hold his arms and legs down, a doctor holding his head and another to keep the gas mask on his face. We tried to let him do it but as soon as he felt weird or strange he would throw it off. Let me tell you, spit was spit, punches were thrown, big pinches were given and a few good kicks in the chest before he was under. It was heartbreaking but thank God it is over with!!!! We do have to go through this next month again for another procedure he has to have but I am hoping that I can get his pediatrician to give him valium or something to calm his nerves before we even leave the house.

I just want to say thanks to everybody who remembered him. It means a lot for my family. God bless.

OMG Tasha I would absolutely DEMAND that he get ativan or something the next time. Aren't there any alternatives to versed???? I am sorry but when it comes to my kids I am a royal beaaatch at things like that. Thank you God only my little one has had to have surgery and that was years ago to get her tubes put in her ears. I am glad he got through it ok and I hope he is less nervous for the next one, poor pumpkin. :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

:energy:

Good Monday Evening!

Very busy day- lots of chores and things- Olivia- interesting post about the cat- Today I took my daughter up to the Humane Society to give them the $25 she collected selling "crafts" at our recent garage sale. I asked them to make up a receipt for her to keep in her scrapbook. We went around and looked at all the homeless pets waiting for adoption. Lots of kitties! She wanted to take them all home. I was remembering how Syria didn't have shelters for its homeless animals and how sad that was...I then come home and read your post! :huh:

Enjoy the evening!

ah. the longing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.