Hannah+Vito

Sushi recipies?

6 posts in this topic

I want to make my husband some sushi

for lunch but I forgot the recipie I got off the back of a packet of rice in uk for the rice seasoning. I remember it was 1 tablespoon of mirin with 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, but I forgot if it's two teaspoons of sugar to one of salt or vice versa? Does anyone know also we had these nice spicey shrimp nigri (spelling) from whole foods. I have all the ingredients to remake them for him, but the spicy sauce. I think it has japaneese mayonase in it and chilie but I am not sure. Does anyone know how to make it? The guy at the store was clueless Thanks!

Hannah

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

sushi rice is best made with more mirin than vinegar, just a dash of salt, and no sugar, in my opinion. i like to make sushi with barb'q twice fried beef, butterfly tempura shrimp, braised lamb, even barb'q pulled pork. any strong flavoured and pungent filling is interesting. there is no limit, except with the wasabi.

if you want to have real fun, put lots of wasabi in one of 6 rolls or so you make for a family dinner, and place the cuts on a lazy susan in the middle of table. the host turns the susan, and everyone has to eat whatever stops in front of them, regardless of how hot. we call it "wheel of wasabi".

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I think the most important thing is to use the proper type of rice so it gets sticky. "Regular" rice like long grain really isn't the best type to use. Also, it's been awhile since I made sushi, but I just pulled out the recipes I got from my Japanese friend and they only have rice wine vinegar, no mirin.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline
I think the most important thing is to use the proper type of rice so it gets sticky. "Regular" rice like long grain really isn't the best type to use. Also, it's been awhile since I made sushi, but I just pulled out the recipes I got from my Japanese friend and they only have rice wine vinegar, no mirin.

agreed that you need medium grain rice designed for sushi, and that you do not rinse it after cooking. can find this in the international aisle of any good grocery, but expect it ot be expensive. just cook it down, and spread it out on a plate to put in the frig for half an hour. it works more easily if cold. keep a bowl of water hands to rinse your fingers when handling the rice.

the mirin is a sweetening subsittute, so you can use a bit of sugar, or a bit of mirin.

agreed that you need medium grain rice designed for sushi, and that you do not rinse it after cooking. can find this in the international aisle of any good grocery, but expect it ot be expensive. just cook it down, and spread it out on a plate to put in the frig for half an hour. it works more easily if cold. keep a bowl of water hands to rinse your fingers when handling the rice.

the mirin is a sweetening subsittute, so you can use a bit of sugar, or a bit of mirin.

your beef recipe sounds nice, and the wheel of wasabi i will have keep in mind for a later date sounds too funny.

well i made the sushi and the sauce recipe turned out great it was half cup japanesse mayo with two tablespoons Chile sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame sead oil with that hot chile flavoring in it. was nice apparently but dont lick it of your finger to check if it tastes right burnt my tongue a bit.

the rice seasoning i went with two teaspoons of sugar and one salt and it tasted how i remembered it did in uk. he loved it. though had to swap the shrimp for tinned cooked chicken as the shrimp smelled funny and had yellow spots all over it. i have to eat the caplin roe in the fridge on my own, hope its not too yuk, cos he wont eat it nd i only bought it because i thought it was needed for the spicy sauce. :unsure: used short grain brown rice so it stuck togetther eventualy thanks for your help guys woudl love to know more recipies if you have them. :thumbs:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline

of course, scalions finely chopped are good, as is thin sliced cucumber or zucchini squash. all mix well with any meat filling, or work just veg. korean style barb'q sauce is good, as is spicy chinese brown bean paste. the trick to good sushi is damping your seaweed paper on a moist paper towel before rolling. getting the rice bed thin enough, rolling your seaweed paper wrap tightly, bonding it with a dab of water, and then letting it sit in the frig for a half an hour to tighten up makes for nice presentation.

a sharp high carbon knife for slicing, japanese style serving plates and accessories (cheap at Pier One Imports), some heated plum wine in a correct porcelain pitcher and served in small cups, a little instrumental music and some steamed vegetables or grilled vegetable kebobs. soy sauce with a little wasabi stirred in for drenching.