kzumel

Canadian Police Certificate

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is an update for people who were interested in getting a Canadian police certificate from outside the country. I am not saying this will work for everyone. My husband lived in Canada for 2 years. He is now in Brazil, immigrating to the US. We went through COmmissionaires to get a name-based certificate. we submitted this and were initially told it was not acceptable. I sent letters to NVC indicating that this was a name-based certificate based on CPIC search by RCMP and was identical to that we would would get if we were "present" in Canada. I also contacted a state congressperson who inquired for us as well. While her office did not get any additional information, 2 weeks later we have received notification that Gustavo is scheduled for an interview. The letter that was sent from NVC says the police certificate was accepted. What ever the reason, I am grateful and can't wait for this process to be over so our life together can begin.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I ran into a similar problem of getting a police certificate from outside the country. I had a friend of a friend who was an RCMP officer. He got it for us, thankfully. Your information is very valuable to others who might be in the same boat. I wasn't sure what else I would have done at the time (full-fingerprint requests take 3-4 months!). We were even considering my wife returning to Canada just for getting the police record.

This is an update for people who were interested in getting a Canadian police certificate from outside the country. I am not saying this will work for everyone. My husband lived in Canada for 2 years. He is now in Brazil, immigrating to the US. We went through COmmissionaires to get a name-based certificate. we submitted this and were initially told it was not acceptable. I sent letters to NVC indicating that this was a name-based certificate based on CPIC search by RCMP and was identical to that we would would get if we were "present" in Canada. I also contacted a state congressperson who inquired for us as well. While her office did not get any additional information, 2 weeks later we have received notification that Gustavo is scheduled for an interview. The letter that was sent from NVC says the police certificate was accepted. What ever the reason, I am grateful and can't wait for this process to be over so our life together can begin.

--------------- Our timeline --------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

Marriage : 1998-07-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-03-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-03-10

I-130 Approved : 2009-03-27

NVC Received : 2009-04-22

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-05-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-05-05

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-05-07

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-05-19

Receive IV Bill : 2009-04-30

Pay IV Bill : 2009-05-04

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-05-04

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-06-23

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2009-07-10

Interview Date : 2009-08-06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We applied for our Canadian POlice Certificate with fingerprints in early June. Yesterday it arrived. Apparently Canda is getting a bit quicker about getting these done. IRonically, NVC had already approved our application and acepted the name based certificate.

Good luck to everyone, hope this is good news for a few of you.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.