ashbibinyc

Please help, this is very confusing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

all the information i have found is quite confusing then i stumbled on this site which has been a great help.

i was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes from the initial filing of the I-129.

My Fiance (who is American) filed this a few weeks in the US, he has recieved a receipt. Now i am confused with what happens after.

I am British and currently in the UK, i am also on a 10 year bar. he has spoken to someone in the State Dept and they have told him i need to file an I-601. But, do we wait to hear from them first or can i go ahead and file this anyway? :help:

if i can file where do i go to file because the embassy here have not been helpful.

if we wait, how long will we be waiting? then when we get given an interview how long for the process from then??

sorry for all the stupid questions but i hope ya'll can help! :thumbs:

thanks so much

ash

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
all the information i have found is quite confusing then i stumbled on this site which has been a great help.

i was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes from the initial filing of the I-129.

My Fiance (who is American) filed this a few weeks in the US, he has recieved a receipt. Now i am confused with what happens after.

I am British and currently in the UK, i am also on a 10 year bar. he has spoken to someone in the State Dept and they have told him i need to file an I-601. But, do we wait to hear from them first or can i go ahead and file this anyway? :help:

if i can file where do i go to file because the embassy here have not been helpful.

if we wait, how long will we be waiting? then when we get given an interview how long for the process from then??

sorry for all the stupid questions but i hope ya'll can help! :thumbs:

thanks so much

ash

I-129F (not to be confused with the I-129) takes about 3-5 mos. to process dependent on service center. Then NVC and London processing takes over and it could be another two months.

The I-601 is filed at the consulate after the visa is initially refused. Waiver process timing can be a long time.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

You have a lot of reading to do if you want to be up to date with the process (also makes the waiting easier). If your fiance sent the application for you to obtain a K-1 visa which is the I-129F application for fiance(e) he should have sent proof along with other docs. Do you know if he sent pics, chat logs etc etc?. If me missed something the he will get an RFE (Request for Evidence) letter asking him to provide what he missed.

Here you go:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.