8 posts in this topic

I have only just sent my I-130 off, but I am trying to get everything in place to keep the process going and I was just looking over DS-230 and DS-2001 forms and it says that you are required to furnish the original, or a certified copy of each document, plus a photocopy. Is that for when you go for the interview? I know that you don't send anything other than the forms and the checklist, but am confused as to when they want the originals. Is it just for them to see at the interview? Or can you bring copies to the interview?

Do you know if they will accept a printed electronic statement from my bank in the US as proof of domicile and funds for my I-864? Or do I have to have an original, sent to my US address?

Any tips or helpful hints regarding the next step of this crazy process would be greatly appreciated! :star:

Edited by sharpies

Married in USA - 24 April 2009

I-130 Sent - 22 June 2009

Petition received and payment taken - 26 June 2009

NOA1 received - 13 July 2009

NOA2 received - 28 July 2009

Packet 3 received - 3 August 2009

Medical booked - 20 August 2009

Packet 3 returned - 6 August 2009

Medical booked for 20 August 2009 - complete pending blood test results

Interview - 14 September - We've been approved!! We've got the visa!!

Tickets booked! Moving on 26 December! Can't wait!!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Ooh. I have a stupid question about the DS-230. Does the Petitioner or the Beneficiary fill it out? :blush: Also, it says here that I should include the I-864 and DS-230 with the I-130 packet. However, elsewhere it has been mentioned that you send in the latter forms after the I-130 has been approved.

Ooh. I have a stupid question about the DS-230. Does the Petitioner or the Beneficiary fill it out? :blush: Also, it says here that I should include the I-864 and DS-230 with the I-130 packet. However, elsewhere it has been mentioned that you send in the latter forms after the I-130 has been approved.

I believe the Beneficiary needs to complete it.

In regards to what you send with it varies from where you are filing. You should check with the embassy. In London you don't send the I-864, you bring it to the interview. You file the I-130 first and then wait to hear from them for the next step.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

original marriage certificate etc then they are returned at interview, the packet u send in will be what the interviwer looks at for your interview (sorry dont know about the dfc filing)

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

DieNörglerin - Sharpies is absolutely right about the DS-230 and about contacting the Embassy for their preferences regarding when to submit your I-864 - they all seem to have different rules on that :s

Sharpies - You're spot on about not sending those things to the Embassy yet. When you go to the interview, you need to take originals of everything AND a photocopy of everything. From what I understand, they want to see originals and keep copies (they also recommend that you have 2 copies of everything in case they lose the first lot), so you'll go with two sets of your paperwork and come away with just the originals :)

Brnidokiegurl - DCF seems to be different, maybe the Embassy doesn't want the extra paper floating about in their office before our appointments. They review our packs while we're waiting at the Embassy rather than in advance - that's why we're told it could take 3 hours out of our days and why other posters recommend taking a book! lol

Met online ~ February 8th 2007

Met in person ~ March 1st 2007

Moved in together ~ September 20th 2007

Engaged ~ February 8th 2008

Married ~ March 1st 2009

Wedding Certificate received ~ May 6th 2009

Petition posted~ May 7th 2009

NOA1 received ~ May 13th 2009 (6 days)

Petition approved ~ June 2nd 2009 (20 days from NOA1, 26 days total)

NOA2 received ~ June 4th 2009 (22 days from NOA1, 28 days total)

Packet 3 received ~ June 12th 2009 (30 days from NOA1, 36 days total)

Packet 3 returned ~ June 15th 2009

Medical completed ~ 26th June 2009. All clear pending blood results.

Packet 4 received ~ 2nd July 2009 (50 days from NOA1, 56 days total)

Interview ~ 23rd July - APPROVED PENDING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION (71 days from NOA1, 77 days total)

Documents sent to Embassy via SMS ~ 30th July 2009

VISA IN HAND! ~ 5th August (84 days from NOA1, 90 days total)

Current position - PACKING!!!!

Target date of The Big Move ~ October 8th 2009

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

bank statement printouts should be fine. when they say originals or certified copies, they are talking of documents like marriage certificate, divorce decrees, birth certificates, police certificates, and the like. They ask for the original and a copy. They compare the copy to the original, and if they are the same they stamp that it is an exact copy, they keep the copy and return the original to you.

Yvie_and_Brett - thanks for clarifying that. I thought that is what they want, but it just seems so confusing. I don't want to do anything that will slow the process down or jeopardise it! You are a :star:

txladykat - great! Thank you. Saves me a lot of hassle!

Am I correct in saying that the bank statements (to support the I-864) need to be no older than 3 months? Or is there not a date requirement?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.