Rocky_nBullwinkle

Some things that remind me of Pinas

63 posts in this topic

While I was having my morning walk in the neighborhood, I noticed that some people are making "sampay" their clothes over the fence and on the TV Antennae. Somehow, I wasn't surprised with the clothes on the fence, but the ones that were hanging on the Antennae reminds me of Pinas. And then I remember since all television connections have changed to Digital TV, they probably don't have use of the antennae anymore. That is why they made it into a "sampayan". :lol:

On my way going back to the house, the garbage truck passed by me and I noticed the driver stopped for a while and waved at me. But I noticed that the other guy on the passenger seat was ogling at me and was giving me the mirada despectiva (dirty looks). I gave him the stern face look and he was still rubbernecking when the truck passed by. Hmm, reminds me of the "tambays" in the Philippines again. What else did you notice guys?

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When we were in San Diego over the weekend we dropped by a Filipino store called Manila Seafood Market. Wow, I thought I was back home at a tienda in Baguio and my husband was reminded of his childhood in Guimba, Nueva Ecija. And we bought some hopia and ensemada for brown bagging at Sea World. And to top it all, there was a bunch of folks chatting in Ilocano and that gave me chills and goosebumps! Ay, apo, napudot manen ditoy Arizona!

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Timeline

the firework shows, it reminds me of bagong taon in our country :star:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ISDA.... mahal dito sa Indiana, tapos kung meron, halos bulok na.... :crying::crying::crying:

September whole month of conversation

October 04,2008 - Went to see me in person in the Phils.

October 12,2008 - He proposed to me :D

October 15,2008 - My baby went back to US :(

November 15,2008- Sent K-1 petition

November 24,20008 -NO1

December 17,2008 - Second visit of my baby to Phils.

Jan.02,2009 - Baby went home to US again :(

February 25,2009 - NO2

March 13,2009 - Early medical (failed) :(

March 25-27,2009 - Sputum test

March 31,2009 -Smear negative (thanks God) :D

May 27,2009 - Culture results NEGATIVE :D

May 28,2009 - Interview (PASSED)

May 30,2009 - My baby arrived in the Phils. to bring me back with him to US :D

June 10,2009 - Flight to US, POE Chicago

July 08,2009 - Happily married :D

July 31,2009 -Sent AOS

August 06,2009 - NO1

September 14,2009 - Biometrics taken

September 21,2009 - EAD Production Ordered :)

September 28,2009 - EAD Card Received

October 14,2009 - Green Card (touched)

December 22,2009 - Mailed RFE

January 4,2010 - NO RFE YET :(

January 11,2010 - Received RFE mail from USCIS

January 23,2010 - RFE response mailed

January 27,2010 - USCIS resumed processing

January 28,2010 - Touched

February 02,2010 - Card Production Ordered

February 08,2010 - Green Card received!! :D

Timeline
On my way going back to the house, the garbage truck passed by me and I noticed the driver stopped for a while and waved at me. But I noticed that the other guy on the passenger seat was ogling at me and was giving me the mirada despectiva (dirty looks). I gave him the stern face look and he was still rubbernecking when the truck passed by. Hmm, reminds me of the "tambays" in the Philippines again. What else did you notice guys?

I reckon you were wearin' your prized cologne and 'em garbage men, with all the odorous trash that they had to tackle the whole day, finally smelled somethin' sweet and comin' from a Filipina at that! :lol:

Seriously, except for the Oriental grocery stores, my wife ain't found nothin' yet that would remind her of good ol' PI. And one thing, she misses the star apple (caimito). I told her we've got to go to Miami and ask for caimitos from Cuban and Puerto Rican families.

Edited by Robert E Lee

The South shall rise again!

confederate_flag-2.gif

And to top it all, there was a bunch of folks chatting in Ilocano and that gave me chills and goosebumps! Ay, apo, napudot manen ditoy Arizona!

Di adu ngarud ti ilocano dita AZ aya Linda?

Kaano kanu ng limmamiis ti klema ti AZ kunan lakay :star:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

And to top it all, there was a bunch of folks chatting in Ilocano and that gave me chills and goosebumps! Ay, apo, napudot manen ditoy Arizona!

Imbag pay ditoy California ta madi unay napudot. Kasla Spring pay lang ditoy. Nabayag nakun nga madi nakangngig ti agsasao ti Ilocano ditoy. Imbag pay dita Linda.

Hokey Smoke!

Ako naman yung sa Backyard lang namin lol. Every morning i sat down there while having a coffee pag naririnig ko ung huni ng mga ibon and simoy ng hangin sa mga puno it remind me of our province in leyte. It made me smile at a time... but make's me more miss my family also sometimes :cry: .

God I miss Philippines !!!!

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

After 21 months here ngayon ko lng matikman ulit ang tinolang bangus na nabili ko sa Korean store which is 1 hr away from house.. I am excited to eat na LOL!

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Timeline

Imbag pay ditoy California ta madi unay napudot. Kasla Spring pay lang ditoy. Nabayag nakun nga madi nakangngig ti agsasao ti Ilocano ditoy. Imbag pay dita Linda.

It's San Diego where there's a lot of GIs, although there might a few here in the desert. I envy your comfortable weather in Calif. Aguray pay datao ti late October sakbay a lumamiis, kuna daytoy lakay.

Seriously, except for the Oriental grocery stores, my wife ain't found nothin' yet that would remind her of good ol' PI. And one thing, she misses the star apple (caimito). I told her we've got to go to Miami and ask for caimitos from Cuban and Puerto Rican families.

I too miss caimito very much. :crying:

arizona_fi_huge_md_clr.gif

Mary Jane, buybuyaik adiay public memorial ni Micahel Jackson tattaidiay Staples Center.. Makasanget tak met ta nagado ti tao. Nagad fans ni Michael ditoy. Lallalo idi nagkanta ni Mariah Carey ti I'll be there. Agsangit tak mit sika. Ay apo.

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
ISDA.... mahal dito sa Indiana, tapos kung meron, halos bulok na.... :crying::crying::crying:

hi,

san ka dito sa indiana? san ka namimili? kasi ako nagpunta me sa Saraga oriental store (indianapolis) with my pinay friend at halos himatayin kami sa baho sa entrance pa lang :lol: kasi amoy isda at karne pagpasok pa lang. Malaki yu n store kasi datin Kmart yung lugar na yon pero next time ay hindi na ako doon mamimili.

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Ako nman mag-6months na dito.Then finally,pagpasyal nmin ulit sa Oriental Store dito,meron na silang kangkong at bangus (fresh) kaya nakapag-sigang na ako ng bangus,tahong (fresh) ,may sitaw na din sila,saluyot,talong na gaya ng sa pinas,kaya makakapag-torta na ako.

Meron din silang saging na saba,talbos ng kamote,galunggong (sariwa pa kahit frozen),tuyo at bangus na marinated for daing (not the dried one) at marami pang iba na Pinoy products.

I was in the bad mood that day,then my husband took me to the store,ayun nawala init ng ulo ko kc nakita ko yung mga gusto ko..Lol

Oh diba,pinas na pinas :star:

post-43317-1246992837_thumb.jpg

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ako nman mag-6months na dito.Then finally,pagpasyal nmin ulit sa Oriental Store dito,meron na silang kangkong at bangus (fresh) kaya nakapag-sigang na ako ng bangus,tahong (fresh) ,may sitaw na din sila,saluyot,talong na gaya ng sa pinas,kaya makakapag-torta na ako.

Meron din silang saging na saba,talbos ng kamote,galunggong (sariwa pa kahit frozen),tuyo at bangus na marinated for daing (not the dried one) at marami pang iba na Pinoy products.

I was in the bad mood that day,then my husband took me to the store,ayun nawala init ng ulo ko kc nakita ko yung mga gusto ko..Lol

sarap naman n sinigang na bangus! itira mo sa akin yun tiyan ha :P lol! dati nahanap ako n calamansi sa oriental store tas nagulat ako kasi yun calamansi juice nila eh frozen pati yun malunggay frozen din :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

sarap naman n sinigang na bangus! itira mo sa akin yun tiyan ha :P lol! dati nahanap ako n calamansi sa oriental store tas nagulat ako kasi yun calamansi juice nila eh frozen pati yun malunggay frozen din :D

Yan favorite ko dyan yung tiyan,tpos may patis at sili,sarap na ng kain ko.

Yup,totoo sis,meron din d2 calamansi at malunggay,frozen din,nakakatuwa.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.