icon007

Both I-129F and I-130 approved - can we take K3 route?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

Anyone has experience with case like me where both I-129F and I-130 are approved and WE STILL WANT TO PURSUE K3 route to get my wife here as soon as possible.

Someone told me that they will reject us visa at the time of K3 interview.

Someone told me that it is clearly my choice which route I want to use. FYI, when I130 got approved, we did not do any further action with NVC on that I130 route (eg. AOS, etc.) so our file for I130 is still sitting at NVC. NVC has only transferred our I129F/K3 file to India and set us for interview in next week.

Please guide me ASAP if something could go wrong.

Also, I have sent I-134 (Affidavit) instead of long form I-864. Is that an issue?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You can definately take the K3 route. There is no problem with that at all.

However a personal recommendation will be to go I-130. It is not as expensive as the K3 route, and also gives you the ability to work/go to school etc when you reach US just a little longer...maybe a month or two

however choice is yours, but no problems in taking that route

.png

Timeline

Hi icon007

As you did not do nothing about your 130 and its still pending in NVC there shouldnt be any prob.

Which is your consulate?

If you had persued I130 it would have taken almost same time as k-3.

Ours was k-3 , both got approved same day (5th may09) ..we followed 130 and 129 was sent to delhi consulate..NVC procesing for 130 is complete but embassy has still not contacted us for k-3.

Good luck

Timeline

Thanks. my consulate is mumbai.

Some indian lawyer told us that once I-130 is approved, then the approved K3 is not honored. I have hard time believing it. So I was looking for cases of people who actually used K3 visa to enter USA when their I-130 was already approved.

Yours and many other people's recommendation about I-130 as fast as K3 is valid depending on your individual case. Ours is not a first marriage for both of us plus children also involved from prior marriage and current marriage. Those things take more scrutiny during post-I130 approval stage vs. post-K3 approval stage. So our real lawyer in US told us to go for K3 route. We did not do any legal paperwork to inform or clarify with Visa office that it is okay to come on K3 route. Any real people with personal experience going for K3 interview please tell us. Thanks

thanks and Can you please point me to something that says "I can definitely take K3 route" ? Please I want something I can print and give to my wife.

Check the NVC Phone System (603-334-0700),,, to make sure the I-130 CR1 and the I-129f K3 shows up at the NVC... And then make sure the I-129f K3 gets forwarded to your local US Embassy.

In my case it has been 7 weeks since the California Service Center sent the NOA#2 for the I-129f K3 (same approval date for both petitions).

The I-130 arrived at the NVC in a few days,,, So we are going the I-130 CR1 route and should have the interview scheduled any day now.

As far as K3 or CR1. Either is viable. I have been in contact with another VJ'r that is pursuing the K3 option and has an interview scheduled on 7/17.

As for me,,, the K3 is lost,,, I have no choice. (CSC says call them in 8 weeks if it does not show up).

If you have all of your paperwork in order. The CR1 is maybe, an additional 30 days longer then the K3.

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.