Gumbolette

Do I need to get Police Clearances from places I have lived for at least 6 months?

16 posts in this topic

I'm currently assembling my IV packet right now, but there's something that caught my attention.

Do I need to get police clearances from places I have lived for at least 6 months even just here in the Philippines?? or its ok to provide just the recent place I am living right now? uh oh!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

oh,.. :(( ok.

But is there someone here who just provided a police clearance from the recent place where you are living? and yet didn't encounter any problem in NVC?

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

But is there someone here who just provided a police clearance from the recent place where you are living? and yet didn't encounter any problem in NVC?

strange coz in my case, when I gave my police clearance to the filipino pre screener, he returned it to me and said that they dont need it anymore. I dont know if its just in my case or they just dont need it anymore coz they get the NBI clearance anyway.

yeah,I stayed in two different cities and I just submitted my police clearance from where i currently reside. The two cities im talking bout is just in Manila, so im not sure if theyre as not strict if you had lived in the province or outside Manila, but dont cut corners with US embassy, just go do it anyway.

AOS Timeline:
10.19.09 - sent AOS package (I-485,I-131,I-765)
10.21.09 - delivered; received by: J.CHYBA
10.27.09 - NOA I-485, I-765 and I-131
10.28.09 - check cashed
11.06.09 - Biometrics Appointment letter received, dated October 30, 2009
11.10.09 - case transferred to CSC
11.24.09 - Biometrics appointment
12.10.09 - EAD and AP card production ordered
12.15.09 - I-765 card production ordered and I-485 approval notice
12.18.09 - greencard and AP in the mail!
12.19.09 - EAD card in the mail

I-175 Timeline
10.17.11 - Filed I-175
10.21.11 - NOA
12.19.11 - Biometrics
07.09.12 - Approved

N-400 Timeline

08.06.15 - Filed N-400

08.13.15 - Check Cashed

08.17.15 - NOA

09.04.15 - Biometrics

09.17.15 - Interview letter received

10.15.15 - Interview. Approved.

11.06.15 - Oath Taking Ceremony / US CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

For many countries, one police clearance will cover the whole country, no matter how many times you moved. If yuour country is not one of them then yes, you need clearance from all places where you lived, it is a major part of the background checks, they'll probably think you'll have something to hide if you only provide a few.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

strange coz in my case, when I gave my police clearance to the filipino pre screener, he returned it to me and said that they dont need it anymore. I dont know if its just in my case or they just dont need it anymore coz they get the NBI clearance anyway.

yeah,I stayed in two different cities and I just submitted my police clearance from where i currently reside. The two cities im talking bout is just in Manila, so im not sure if theyre as not strict if you had lived in the province or outside Manila, but dont cut corners with US embassy, just go do it anyway.

yeah, I understand that. I have spoken with few people as well, asking about the same question. K1's though, that they weren't ask about various cities PC's so I'm beginning to think that these wouldn't matter at all. My husband strongly believe too that NBI clearance covers everything since Police stations do submits records to the NBI.

CR1 peeps, where are you guys?... some feed back please. ( I will be mailing my IV packet tomorrow to NVC. :wacko: )

Edited by LÜvtechwifey

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

It's better to be prepared than be sorry when you appear at the Embassy without the required documents they want to see, besides obtaining PCC in our country doesn't take so long. Some people are travelling back to the country where they stayed for more than 6 months.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

A friend of mine..she didn't provide a police clearance anymore.She only give the NBI.

She still got pink slip....

" If we could live life all over again,we would still choose each other.If we are reborn to second life, we would marry each other again,we are persons with one heart,one soul,the same dreams and aspiration."

A friend of mine..she didn't provide a police clearance anymore.She only give the NBI.

whew!. This shed me some light.

Thank you thank you guys for the responses. Ü

Very much appreciated.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

whew!. This shed me some light.

Thank you thank you guys for the responses. Ü

Very much appreciated.

as far i as i know di mo na yata kelangan kumuha ng police clearance sa mga lugar na tinirhan mo NBI lang ang pinoprovided natin kasi ang NBI for the philippines.. another police clearance pag tumira ka sa abroad ng morethan 6 months.. gaya mo nagapplied ako ng NBI sa phil consulate d2 sa hk then pinaprocess ko sa friend ko un NBI ko sa manila.. then dahil nandito ako sa hk kumuha pa ako ng police clearance ko..

my case i think i got a wrong form for my police clearance here in hk its bcoz i dnt have letter from NVC yet..

HONGKONG PHILIPPINES PASSPORT

oct 28 2008--MARRIED

dec 28 2008 -- send the i-130 to uscis

feb 3-2009-- approaved

feb - 2009 -- bill generated

feb- 2009 --choice of address

mar 18 2009 --IV Fee Payment Receipt Details online in process for visa payment

mar - 2009-- recieved ds-230

april 1 2009 -- missing documents i-864 (something skip) sent back by then..

May - 2009 ---sent ds-230/NBI/marriages contract/birthcert/photo( original copy)

june 24 2009 --sent to nvc payment statement..

june 26 2009-- resent the reciept of IV fee.nvc missing..

july 1 2009----recieved INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT..

july 27-2009 NVC completed.

july 31-2009 medical

sept 4 2009 INTERVIEW

sept 4 2009 passed the interview but my visa pending its bcoz i do need to send CENOMAR ( certificate of no marriages) NSO should be send direct to us consulate in hongkong then my visa will send to me once they receive my CENOMAR... wait for another month again :(

sept 17,09 NSO already send the CENOMAR to hongkong consulate.

sept 30,09 HongKong us consulate received my CENOMAR

oct 7.09 visa in hand :)

nov 23,09 Port of entry

dec 15.09 letter from uscis (WELCOME NOTICE)

January 15 2010 expected to receive the original green card..

as1cF3P0g410000Nzc3ODZ8Mzc4amx8Zmx5IHRvIHVzYQ.gif

YMALIA

2_415330520l.jpg

If you have lived your entire life in the Philippines and have just been moving around the island... you only need NBI Clearance, NBI clearance will cover your entire stay everywhere else within the Philippine islands. i.e. you were born in Manila, at the age of 18 you moved to Cebu for 3 years, then went back to Manila. YOu only need NBI Clearance since NBI is a state wide agency... you don't need your local police clearance from the provinces. Anyway, these police clearances are not valid for embassy use anyway, they are used only for local employment.

However, If you went to other countries and lived for at least 6 months, YES you need PC from these places.

I'm currently assembling my IV packet right now, but there's something that caught my attention.

Do I need to get police clearances from places I have lived for at least 6 months even just here in the Philippines?? or its ok to provide just the recent place I am living right now? uh oh!

YES go down to NBI get the cert. for the past 6 months and go to NSO and get the cenomar never know what they will ask you for play it safe.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

The NBI is like a police clearance You have to get NBI CERT.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes..My fiance just provided the NBI cert. as well. No problems. Good luck. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Well in my case, I submitted NBI and police clearances.I never travelled abroad.However, there is a discripancies in my police clearances dates and they scrutinize them. this is my problem too

http//www:friendster.com-Friendster-Levi-Nick and Melody-Microsoft Internet Explorer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.