VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey everyone, I am back in the US with Alex! Pretty smooth POE, no trouble with the CBP guard, he joked around with me while he stamped my passport, as I was being really clumsy from lack of sleep! Asked if I could have a temp EAD stamp, and they don't give them out anymore, he said. Oh well, worth a try, right? My bags were right in front of me when I got to baggage claim, got right through screening and out to my boy! Feels like I am in a dream to be back here, but so nice to be in my own apartment with my own things and my own cat :)

Yay!! Pretty dress, pretty pics :D look forward to wedding updates!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys. Been in the U.S for about 5-6 days now. POE was basic. I handed over the brown envelope and passport, he just asked when i was getting married....looked through the paperwork and put the I-94 in my passport with a stamp.

He put the info from the envelope in a pile to the side of his desk, so who knows what happens to it now? I noticed him writing down 'EAD' and numbers after it, and i thought i might be getting that as well. He didn't give it to me though :huh:

We went and signed paperwork for the marriage license, i've been measured up for my suit....and now there are just 8 days until the wedding! :star:

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

update for me too, i got my passport on the monday i was so happy to get it and i flew out to LAX on the tuesday i was told to give 5-6 hours to get threw POE so booked the next flight over to washington 6 hours later and of course it took about 5 minutes to get threw the POE so had a bit of time to kill at LAX i was eager to get back to my baby in the US i so was a quick pack up and leave i spent most time just wandering around the LAX airport.So i have been here in the US for about 10 days now i tryed to go get a SSN but they said it was best i wait for 10 working days for everything to clear with paperwork and such so i guess ill have to sit around and wait for the 10 working days to be up its so boring not being able to do what want and to work cause i have worked all my life guess this is like a little vacation till i can work again.We busy planning wheat we doing for the wedding and honeymoon so guess that keep me busy till all the other paperwork is done.The people at the POE was very nice and all welcomed me to the US and asked a few questions how we met and how long been seeing each other for but was all pretty basic stuff so was nothing to worry about at the POE im just so happy to be here in the US now and we have started our life together.Congrats to all those with interviews and have made it over here to the US now and thanks to visajourney without all the info here on what needed and what needed to do it has all been a great help

Our timeline..

07/01/2009 : I-129F Sent

07/09/2009 : I-129F NOA1

09/29/2009 : I-129F NOA2

--/--/-- : NVC Received

--/--/-- : NVC Left

10/22/2009 : Consulate Received

10/23/2009 : Packet 3 Received

12/21/2009 : Packet 3 Sent

12/29/2009 : Packet 4 Received

12/11/2009 : Medical

01/12/2010 : Interview Date

01/12/2010 : VISA APPROVED

01/18/2010 : Visa Received

01/19/2010 : US Entry

--/--/-- : SSN Request

--/--/-- : SSN Received

--/--/-- : Marriage

--/--/-- : File for AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline
Hey guys. Been in the U.S for about 5-6 days now. POE was basic. I handed over the brown envelope and passport, he just asked when i was getting married....looked through the paperwork and put the I-94 in my passport with a stamp.

He put the info from the envelope in a pile to the side of his desk, so who knows what happens to it now? I noticed him writing down 'EAD' and numbers after it, and i thought i might be getting that as well. He didn't give it to me though :huh:

We went and signed paperwork for the marriage license, i've been measured up for my suit....and now there are just 8 days until the wedding! :star:

YAY! Very exciting! Look forward to seeing some wedding pics! I have signatures disabled so it'll have to be a link if that's okay :P I got sick of people I didn'tk now with CRAZY huge pictures etc in their signature so I can't see them when I'm logged in. Woot!

Timeline
update for me too, i got my passport on the monday i was so happy to get it and i flew out to LAX on the tuesday i was told to give 5-6 hours to get threw POE so booked the next flight over to washington 6 hours later and of course it took about 5 minutes to get threw the POE so had a bit of time to kill at LAX i was eager to get back to my baby in the US i so was a quick pack up and leave i spent most time just wandering around the LAX airport.So i have been here in the US for about 10 days now i tryed to go get a SSN but they said it was best i wait for 10 working days for everything to clear with paperwork and such so i guess ill have to sit around and wait for the 10 working days to be up its so boring not being able to do what want and to work cause i have worked all my life guess this is like a little vacation till i can work again.We busy planning wheat we doing for the wedding and honeymoon so guess that keep me busy till all the other paperwork is done.The people at the POE was very nice and all welcomed me to the US and asked a few questions how we met and how long been seeing each other for but was all pretty basic stuff so was nothing to worry about at the POE im just so happy to be here in the US now and we have started our life together.Congrats to all those with interviews and have made it over here to the US now and thanks to visajourney without all the info here on what needed and what needed to do it has all been a great help

Grats! I don't know why someone told you 5-6 hours!! i would have said 2-3 at the most.. and that's dependant on when your flight comes in because mine was about 2 hours because of the HUGE line at customs, and then the HUGE line to go back through security. Oh well though right? You're THERE!! Woohoo!

Look forward to seeing your wedding pics too. Ugh, the not working sucks. It'll be about 3 months till you're able to work again but *fingers crossed* it can be sooner so you don't get as stir crazy as I have!

Timeline

hey everyone, I sent away packet 3 to sydney today..since I have got that off my mind I feel like a new person lol...now I will enjoy my 10 days annual leave in new zealand with the family and hope I hear something while I'm away

07/10/14 - Petition send via UPS Next Day Air

07/11/14 - Petition delivered

Hi people! :) I thought I better check in and tell you all I got here safely and without any dramas. I've been here for just over a week and the time has just flown by. I've hardly been online since I got here because my man was on leave and I feel bad about sitting online while he's at home.

I flew from Brisbane to LAX with V Australia. I thought they were just as good as the times I've gone with Qantas. The vego food I got was pretty good considering it was airline food. I knew before hand that I'd have to pay $135 for my second suitcase which I thought was reasonable. I thought I'd be able to stuff everything into one suitcase but realised the day before that it wasn't going to happen (what the heck was I thinking???) I had to rush out and get another suitcase the day before I left. So then I was also able to bring the clothes and shoes that were in the 'maybe' pile. The first one was 32.1kg and the second one 22kg and then I had a small carry-on suitcase as well. I could only just fit all my stuff on the luggage trolley when I got to LA. Lol.

My POE went very quickly. There was hardly any line at immigration and customs when I got there and I only had to wait about 5 minutes for my bags. Then I had to wait about 3 hours for my connecting flight to Washington DC. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time between my connecting flight. I went with Virgin America and I was really happy that they didn't charge me for my baggage. I was supposed to pay $20 for each suitcase but I think they must have forgot. Lucky for me! I was also lucky that on both flights there was a spare seat between me and the next person. It was nice to have a little extra room. I slept most of the way to DC and I was so glad to be there after a 22 hour journey. I was tired but it was so good to see Dwight there waiting for me at the baggage carousel after 10 months waiting.

It was kind of crazy going from 30 something degree C heat in Brisbane to below 0 here. Saturday it snowed all day and again last night and they are forecasting another snow storm for the weekend. It's so pretty outside with everything covered in white snow. I'm so happy to finally be here with my man in my new home....it's so nice and cosy :)

Hi people! :) I thought I better check in and tell you all I got here safely and without any dramas. I've been here for just over a week and the time has just flown by. I've hardly been online since I got here because my man was on leave and I feel bad about sitting online while he's at home.

I flew from Brisbane to LAX with V Australia. I thought they were just as good as the times I've gone with Qantas. The vego food I got was pretty good considering it was airline food. I knew before hand that I'd have to pay $135 for my second suitcase which I thought was reasonable. I thought I'd be able to stuff everything into one suitcase but realised the day before that it wasn't going to happen (what the heck was I thinking???) I had to rush out and get another suitcase the day before I left. So then I was also able to bring the clothes and shoes that were in the 'maybe' pile. The first one was 32.1kg and the second one 22kg and then I had a small carry-on suitcase as well. I could only just fit all my stuff on the luggage trolley when I got to LA. Lol.

My POE went very quickly. There was hardly any line at immigration and customs when I got there and I only had to wait about 5 minutes for my bags. Then I had to wait about 3 hours for my connecting flight to Washington DC. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time between my connecting flight. I went with Virgin America and I was really happy that they didn't charge me for my baggage. I was supposed to pay $20 for each suitcase but I think they must have forgot. Lucky for me! I was also lucky that on both flights there was a spare seat between me and the next person. It was nice to have a little extra room. I slept most of the way to DC and I was so glad to be there after a 22 hour journey. I was tired but it was so good to see Dwight there waiting for me at the baggage carousel after 10 months waiting.

It was kind of crazy going from 30 something degree C heat in Brisbane to below 0 here. Saturday it snowed all day and again last night and they are forecasting another snow storm for the weekend. It's so pretty outside with everything covered in white snow. I'm so happy to finally be here with my man in my new home....it's so nice and cosy :)

Yay glad to hear you made it safe with all that bad weather out there. My mom and dad live in the southern US and have had tons of snow this season. Im up in seattle and we havent had any, so weird. I booked Damos ticket with V australia, and good to hear that the veggo meal was edible since he is vegetarian as well. He is flying in March 26th, cant believe I will have him for good next month!

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Timeline

Yay for a successful POE! And yay for almost being reunited!

I have to agree with Giggles, so weird going from the heat and humidity in Brissie to the cold over here...though in LA, it's not even close to snowing! It's semi nice weather, I'm hoping that it stays sunny and mild for the next few weeks, after that it can do whatever the hell it pleases!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

received interview date via email today, only posted packet 3 on wednesday! so was not expected a response that quick

Interview is tuesday 16th at 10am..i only get back to melbourne from new zealand on sunday 14th, so the next day I will have to fly to sydney..

im going to be super stressed!

Timeline
received interview date via email today, only posted packet 3 on wednesday! so was not expected a response that quick

Interview is tuesday 16th at 10am..i only get back to melbourne from new zealand on sunday 14th, so the next day I will have to fly to sydney..

im going to be super stressed!

How exciting!! The interview is nothing to stress about...look forward to it because it will be the day that this part of your journey comes to an end!

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

Got my interview on Tuesday, trying to work out if I should go with Jeans or Trousers?

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Timeline
How exciting!! The interview is nothing to stress about...look forward to it because it will be the day that this part of your journey comes to an end!

Yeah its kind of surreal that I have finally got to this stage, I have to keep reminding myself that this is really happening lol.

I have booked a night at the Westin Sydney which is 1 Martin Place so not far at all from the consulate, so will enjoy a nice sleep in before my 10am appointment

Timeline
Got my interview on Tuesday, trying to work out if I should go with Jeans or Trousers?

personal opinion: black slacks, nice business shirt, no tie, clean black shoes. Just looks like you're a little more serious about it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Yeah its kind of surreal that I have finally got to this stage, I have to keep reminding myself that this is really happening lol.

I have booked a night at the Westin Sydney which is 1 Martin Place so not far at all from the consulate, so will enjoy a nice sleep in before my 10am appointment

Westin is just a few steps away. awesome choice. right in the centre of town too.

Edited by TheCockyLockies

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.