01/19/2010 : US Entry

--/--/-- : SSN Request

--/--/-- : SSN Received

--/--/-- : Marriage

--/--/-- : File for AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Congrats Simon!

Well done, no doubt we're all super nervous before hand, I know I will be.

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

anyone know the timeframe on getting the visa delivered threw the mail? they said it only be a couple of days but not here yet and been more than a couple of days

Our timeline..

07/01/2009 : I-129F Sent

07/09/2009 : I-129F NOA1

09/29/2009 : I-129F NOA2

--/--/-- : NVC Received

--/--/-- : NVC Left

10/22/2009 : Consulate Received

10/23/2009 : Packet 3 Received

12/21/2009 : Packet 3 Sent

12/29/2009 : Packet 4 Received

12/11/2009 : Medical

01/12/2010 : Interview Date

01/12/2010 : VISA APPROVED

01/18/2010 : Visa Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
anyone know the timeframe on getting the visa delivered threw the mail? they said it only be a couple of days but not here yet and been more than a couple of days

Mine took 2 days but it looks like Simon & Janet are still waiting too. I would probably wait till Monday, but weren't you given a tracking number? What does it tell you? It should have been on the paperwork they gave you at the interview.

yeah i got that piece of paper i keep checking the number and it says there is no match for it

Our timeline..

The instructions say that they are supposed to issue the visa within 2 business days of the interview BUT they do get busy and delays occur sometimes. I too had my interview on a Tuesday and I didn't receive my visa until the following Wednesday.

If you don't see anything by Monday I'd send them an email

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Timeline

Surprised you don't have it yet Colin. Mine came on Thursday. Definitely contact them Monday if it's not in your mailbox.

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

congrats on getting it simon, i have no idea where mine is at im eagerly awaiting postman today

Our timeline..

Timeline
The instructions say that they are supposed to issue the visa within 2 business days of the interview BUT they do get busy and delays occur sometimes. I too had my interview on a Tuesday and I didn't receive my visa until the following Wednesday.

If you don't see anything by Monday I'd send them an email

Wow I hope I don't have that problem, given I'm due to leave exactly a week after my interview!

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-24

NVC Received : 2009-10-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-27

Consulate Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-03

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-06

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-11

Interview Date : 2010-02-09 - APPROVED!

Visa Received :

US Entry : 2010-02-16

Timeline

Update for me - Two days and 12 hours until I get on my plane. Yay! I'm almost all packed (and constantly freaking out about being over baggage limits, hahah) and have my last day at my job tomorrow. All good!

The negative thing though, and I am sure you can all relate to this, is the cruddy RSVP habits of Americans. Our RSVP date was Wednesday of this past week, and all the Aussies had theirs in well before that. As I predicted I would, I am chasing American attendees! I don't think they understand that an RSVP means "we would please like an answer from you by this date," not, " hey, I guess you can just tell us you are coming, but whatever, just stick the card in the mail whenever you like!" I contacted everyone that had not sent theirs back the day after, with a friendly message asking if they had indeed received their invitation (one guest did not, and let me know) to please get us the RSVP card back as quickly as possible. Pretty much no one has gotten back to me, nearly three days later. I know I am bordering on Bridezilla, but I think it's just really rude to just ignore the polite request of a friend to do something as simple as write your name on a card, tick yes or no, and stick the envelope (which we provided and addressed!) back in the mail. As if organizing a wedding from the other side of the planet wasn't hard enough. If people still haven't replied by the time I am in the States, my mouth might get the better of me :/

/rant.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
Update for me - Two days and 12 hours until I get on my plane. Yay! I'm almost all packed (and constantly freaking out about being over baggage limits, hahah) and have my last day at my job tomorrow. All good!

The negative thing though, and I am sure you can all relate to this, is the cruddy RSVP habits of Americans. Our RSVP date was Wednesday of this past week, and all the Aussies had theirs in well before that. As I predicted I would, I am chasing American attendees! I don't think they understand that an RSVP means "we would please like an answer from you by this date," not, " hey, I guess you can just tell us you are coming, but whatever, just stick the card in the mail whenever you like!" I contacted everyone that had not sent theirs back the day after, with a friendly message asking if they had indeed received their invitation (one guest did not, and let me know) to please get us the RSVP card back as quickly as possible. Pretty much no one has gotten back to me, nearly three days later. I know I am bordering on Bridezilla, but I think it's just really rude to just ignore the polite request of a friend to do something as simple as write your name on a card, tick yes or no, and stick the envelope (which we provided and addressed!) back in the mail. As if organizing a wedding from the other side of the planet wasn't hard enough. If people still haven't replied by the time I am in the States, my mouth might get the better of me :/

/rant.

I'm sorry but right now I'm just laughing. Not to pick on you, but because I read this AFTER I read your status on FB about how you're having to hold your tongue and even suggested (and then deleted it so i didn't offend people) that it was RSVP's and then I logged here and read this and I was like OMG I SO TOTALLY GUESSED THAT!!

I don't understand it either. Tony and I asked that people just call, or text, or email. Everyone has phone access so i thought it'd be super simple to at least send a text... couldn't be MORE wrong. OMG I still remember I was just like you, bordering on hysteria. I was so careful and so dedicated to NOT being a Bridezilla and I just didn't understand why people couldn't just let me know. Some even told my mother-in-law. Some didn't bother telling anyone and just rocked up, some of my sister-in-laws friends just rocked up and even ATE FOOD! Still makes me angry BUT at least you have your Aussie people!! Woot woot!

S'pose the qn is now, what do you do? Are you having a sit down dinner? Are you having a buffet? Are you going to have extra seats "just in case"? Tony's dad offered to cover anyone OVER our RSVP number as they were their friends and family and we shouldn't have to (in his words and my mind) pay for their rude friends and family. The type of dinner plans dictates what you do. I am of the personal opinion that I wouldn't chase anyone. If they don't care enough about me and our relationship to give a simply RSVP then they're not worth my time. We tossed around the idea of a "guest list" and having security at the door and informing those NOT on the list (but claiming they were invited) that no RSVP = no entry. We also considered setting up additional tables (if we were doing allocated seats) up the back as "non-RSVPers" seats so those that RSVP'd get their meal, those that didn't may have snacks (like nuts or whatever on the table) but they would not be served dinner. Meaning they were permitted to "enjoy" the festivities, but there just wouldn't be enough food so why should the polite people suffer? That wasn't going to work for us because we had a buffet but if it was going to be waiters handing out meals that was going to be the plan.

So.. what's the plan? :D oh and it's okay. Just think PRETTY DRESS! PRETTY PICS! I still think about how annoyed I was, how rude I think his family is (and he agrees) but the wedding pics are still pretty, I'm still married to him, and I'm still HERE with him so in the end it's okay. Having a puppy would help the healing though :P We would have eloped had his grandmothers being there, and his father being there not meant so much to him.

P.s. OMG 2 days?!?! Didn't that go fast!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
I'm sorry but right now I'm just laughing. Not to pick on you, but because I read this AFTER I read your status on FB about how you're having to hold your tongue and even suggested (and then deleted it so i didn't offend people) that it was RSVP's and then I logged here and read this and I was like OMG I SO TOTALLY GUESSED THAT!!

I don't understand it either. Tony and I asked that people just call, or text, or email. Everyone has phone access so i thought it'd be super simple to at least send a text... couldn't be MORE wrong. OMG I still remember I was just like you, bordering on hysteria. I was so careful and so dedicated to NOT being a Bridezilla and I just didn't understand why people couldn't just let me know. Some even told my mother-in-law. Some didn't bother telling anyone and just rocked up, some of my sister-in-laws friends just rocked up and even ATE FOOD! Still makes me angry BUT at least you have your Aussie people!! Woot woot!

S'pose the qn is now, what do you do? Are you having a sit down dinner? Are you having a buffet? Are you going to have extra seats "just in case"? Tony's dad offered to cover anyone OVER our RSVP number as they were their friends and family and we shouldn't have to (in his words and my mind) pay for their rude friends and family. The type of dinner plans dictates what you do. I am of the personal opinion that I wouldn't chase anyone. If they don't care enough about me and our relationship to give a simply RSVP then they're not worth my time. We tossed around the idea of a "guest list" and having security at the door and informing those NOT on the list (but claiming they were invited) that no RSVP = no entry. We also considered setting up additional tables (if we were doing allocated seats) up the back as "non-RSVPers" seats so those that RSVP'd get their meal, those that didn't may have snacks (like nuts or whatever on the table) but they would not be served dinner. Meaning they were permitted to "enjoy" the festivities, but there just wouldn't be enough food so why should the polite people suffer? That wasn't going to work for us because we had a buffet but if it was going to be waiters handing out meals that was going to be the plan.

So.. what's the plan? :D oh and it's okay. Just think PRETTY DRESS! PRETTY PICS! I still think about how annoyed I was, how rude I think his family is (and he agrees) but the wedding pics are still pretty, I'm still married to him, and I'm still HERE with him so in the end it's okay. Having a puppy would help the healing though :P We would have eloped had his grandmothers being there, and his father being there not meant so much to him.

P.s. OMG 2 days?!?! Didn't that go fast!

We are having it buffet style, so people can just go up and pick what they want. I am not sure what we are going to do if extra people show up, I need to talk to Alex about that when I get there. We may need to have some spare chairs and such just in case, but the inner ####### in me just wants to not make en effort for them. I am also of the mind that I am not going to chase people for RSVP's, and if people haven't cared enough to reply to us by the time I get back (this wednesday, which is three weeks before the wedding) then they can just forget it. Obviously we don't mean enough to them for something as simple as what we are asking. And even though we did not get people official invitations until the first week of January, we had warned everyone to keep that weekend free months ago.

Yep, got to think 'Pretty dress, pretty photos, becoming Mrs. Alex..." or I will literally starting cussing people out! And a puppy would be AMAZING, lol.

Oh, and 1 day, 11 hours til I get on the plane, two days, five hours until we are together :)

/rant.

LOL ... Yes lazy since they don't even have to go to the post office or even post box to mail the RSVP...they can just leave it in their own letter box (if they have stamps already) for the postman to pick up. I found it hilarious when I saw my first American postman ... I think the image of postman pat came to mind :D

27 Jan 2010 - I-129F sent (US time)

28 Jan 2010 - USCIS (Vermont Service Center) receive our petition (US time)

29 Jan 2010 - NOA1 (date on form)

05 Feb 2010 - NOA1 in hand[/color]

03 Mar 2010 - Police check done

05 Mar 2010 - Blood test done to check my immunity

10 Mar 2010 - Mum diagnosed with bowel cancer

16 Mar 2010 - Mum has surgery. Doing fine :)

19 Mar 2010 - Police check arrives in mail (16days)

14 Apr 2010 - RECEIVED NOA2!!

20 Apr 2010 - NVC sends petition to SYD (US time)

23 Apr 2010 - SYD receives petition (tracked using DHL)

29 Apr 2010 - To SYD for medical with Dr Millar - Packet 3 received (emailed to James, forwarded to me)

04 May 2010 - Medical report received

19 May 2010 - P3 Sent

25 May 2010 - P4 received interview set for the 1st June

01 June 2010 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!

08 June 2010 - VISA IN HAND!!

08 July 2010 - flight... In James's arms

05 Oct 2010 - MARRIED

18 Mar 2011 - Filed AOS EAD AP (5mths after marriage)

22 Apr 2011 - NOA's received (3 letters, Not all on the one day)

?? Apr 2011 - Received letter for BIO appointment in Tampa FL

11 May 2011 - !! YAY TRANSFERRED TO CSC !!

20 May 2011 - Bio at Tampa

26 May 2011 - EAD Approved

04 Jun 2011 - EAD & AP Received

12 Jul 2011 - Green Card Approved/Card Ordered

Timeline

Hey everyone, I am back in the US with Alex! Pretty smooth POE, no trouble with the CBP guard, he joked around with me while he stamped my passport, as I was being really clumsy from lack of sleep! Asked if I could have a temp EAD stamp, and they don't give them out anymore, he said. Oh well, worth a try, right? My bags were right in front of me when I got to baggage claim, got right through screening and out to my boy! Feels like I am in a dream to be back here, but so nice to be in my own apartment with my own things and my own cat :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.