VanessaTony

Australian Beneficiaries - Packet 3 to Interview date

1,038 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Cheers thankyou thankyou thankyou big help much appreciated :-)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-17

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-04

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-13

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 87 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline

Paid off the $157.20 visa fee and picked up the 3kg express postage envelope. So now i'm all set for the interview on Tuesday! Booked flight and hotel, printed the consulate email and gathered my evidence of the ongoing relationship.

Nerves are starting to increase day by day now.

Flying up to Sydney in the 40 degree heat will suck though!

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Paid off the $157.20 visa fee and picked up the 3kg express postage envelope. So now i'm all set for the interview on Tuesday! Booked flight and hotel, printed the consulate email and gathered my evidence of the ongoing relationship.

Ooo that WILL suck :( Good thing you're travelling the day before 'cause I think like cold, heat affects plane travel.

Best of luck for Tuesday. I'm sure you'll be fine. Look forward to your positive update Tuesday night :D

Hey guys i got my interview on the 12th January at 9am maybe ill see you there :) ill be the bundle of nerves that is there too

Our timeline..

07/01/2009 : I-129F Sent

07/09/2009 : I-129F NOA1

09/29/2009 : I-129F NOA2

--/--/-- : NVC Received

--/--/-- : NVC Left

10/22/2009 : Consulate Received

10/23/2009 : Packet 3 Received

12/21/2009 : Packet 3 Sent

12/29/2009 : Packet 4 Received

12/11/2009 : Medical

01/12/2010 : Interview Date

01/12/2010 : VISA APPROVED

01/18/2010 : Visa Received

01/19/2010 : US Entry

--/--/-- : SSN Request

--/--/-- : SSN Received

--/--/-- : Marriage

--/--/-- : File for AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline
Hey guys i got my interview on the 12th January at 9am maybe ill see you there :) ill be the bundle of nerves that is there too

Nice, i'm in at 8am. So hopefully we both leave there very happy men!

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

You are my hero right now. I didn't know about the IRS transcripts being free, or the number. This makes me really happy! I'm going to write an Aff of Support entry for AOS now based on your advice so thanks :)

Awesome, Cant wait to read the AOS entry! Post a link to us here if you dont mind ;).

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Cheers thankyou thankyou thankyou big help much appreciated :-)

No problem! Glad I could be of some help. Its nice when you worry so much and you do so much reading that you can pass a simpler version on to someone else. I stressed so much about this part of the whole process. I think I sorted through all the posts on this site for like two weeks to put mine together. When Damo got to his interview that was the only part I was stressed about. The CO looked at my affidavit of support docs and the supported evidence that i listed she immediatley said great youre approved. Man was that the biggest relief in the whole world.

Update: Damo is flying over the last week of March, probably around the 24th on V australia. His last day of work is March 19th, gave notice this past week, its so funny after he did that he just said to me on the phone, wow I cant be F***ed, lol. Then May 1st we are getting married out on the Washington coast right on the beach. Hoping for no rain but it is Washington lol. We made the mistake of thinking the date was up to us, set one then various people of the family were like aww i have something then. Oh well it worked out for the best getting married on May day makes me happy, both of us are of Irish decent so it really makes since for that date. Ok time for another cup of coffee, talk to yall soon.

Hugs!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good luck with your interviews on Tuesday Simon & Colin ... :star:

Thanks, Janet. I thought I was stressing over nothing but we've been waiting so long I would hate for anything to come along and bite us in the a$$ at the moment.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Timeline
Awesome, Cant wait to read the AOS entry! Post a link to us here if you dont mind ;).

It's also in my signature (but you could be like me and block those 'cause it takes up too much space) so here it is: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235331

That's the general thread, the update thanks to you, is at the bottom :)

Timeline

PLEASE CHECK ALL YOUR FORMS BEFORE SENDING THEM

I just checked the currency of my forms for AOS and the G-325A form I had was expired and the current version is only 2 pages, and not 4 like the one I had. Just an FYI :D :D :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Did you have much drama getting the statement from a Bank Officer? Has anyone not supplied it and just printed out bank account statements ?

Thanks again :-)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-17

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-04

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-01-13

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 87 days from your NOA1 date.

Timeline
We made the mistake of thinking the date was up to us, set one then various people of the family were like aww i have something then. Oh well it worked out for the best getting married on May day makes me happy, both of us are of Irish decent so it really makes since for that date. Ok time for another cup of coffee, talk to yall soon.

Hugs!

Jules

Hmm, yeah, funny how it's YOUR wedding but others try to dictate hey?? Oh well, the ones that make time to come to our special days are the ones that really matter, right?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline
Hmm, yeah, funny how it's YOUR wedding but others try to dictate hey?? Oh well, the ones that make time to come to our special days are the ones that really matter, right?

Oooo I don't know! lol. The date was one thing but planning an Aussie wedding while in the US was difficult! Tony's family kept trying to get me to do US traditions that we hadn't planned for (I mean how many grooms know weddings? Everything I know is Aussie). His family refused to dance (1/2 hour MAYBE) and only my sister and her hubby could come from my side, but we had to drive almost 4 hours to pick them up and 4 hours to drive them back rather than they fly into the other airport an hour from us.

They arrived WAY too early (the 4th Nov) so we had to schlep them around while I was trying to finalise things (we also planned the wedding in IA but we were living in TX so the time I was IN IA I wanted to wedding plan finish). My sister also told me that we couldn't leave the "night of" the wedding for the honeymoon or the day after because they travelled a long distance and were staying longer to spend time with us. We weren't "allowed" to go on honeymoon until they had left on the 9th Nov. She also told me that as we were staying in the same town (different hotel) and they had to be out of their hotel at 11am but their flight wasn't until the evening that we would need to give them a key to our suite so they could dump their bags. We would have offered but we were "told" which annoys me... as it turned out their hotel could hold bags.

The night before the wedding Tony stayed at a friends house and Kath was staying with me at Tony's parents, and her husband was staying with Tony... or so we thought... at 4am the MORNING of the wedding, Kath woke me up to tell me that Aaron had decided he wanted to go back to their hotel instead of staying where he was supposed to, so she was going with him and Tony was driving them. So... yah... that ticked me off. I felt like the whole time i was forced to entertain those that had travelled a long distance as a "thank you".

I would like to say that "the ones that come matter right" but we had maybe 60 something people RSVP, yet 85 people ate food (luckily we had a buffet set up and paid per plate but that pissed me off). My sister in law had her friends come, who sat and ate but didn't even say hello to tony and I. Of the 85 that attended we received 13 cards/notes, some with gifts, some without. I don't care about gifts but yeah, 85 people and you can't even get me a $2 card so I know you came? Apparently it's common-place in the US for people to RSVP and not come, to RSVP "no" and come anyway, or not RSVP at all and come... I was on wedding book (an application/forum on FB) and lots of girls had say 10 people not come but say they were and at $25 a plate they were out $250. That's why tony and i went buffet.

I have to be honest, nearer the date Tony and I were saying we should have just eloped and had an awesome wedding/honeymoon and we're SO happy that part's over! It was more stressful than this visa stuff!

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
Oooo I don't know! lol. The date was one thing but planning an Aussie wedding while in the US was difficult! Tony's family kept trying to get me to do US traditions that we hadn't planned for (I mean how many grooms know weddings? Everything I know is Aussie). His family refused to dance (1/2 hour MAYBE) and only my sister and her hubby could come from my side, but we had to drive almost 4 hours to pick them up and 4 hours to drive them back rather than they fly into the other airport an hour from us.

They arrived WAY too early (the 4th Nov) so we had to schlep them around while I was trying to finalise things (we also planned the wedding in IA but we were living in TX so the time I was IN IA I wanted to wedding plan finish). My sister also told me that we couldn't leave the "night of" the wedding for the honeymoon or the day after because they travelled a long distance and were staying longer to spend time with us. We weren't "allowed" to go on honeymoon until they had left on the 9th Nov. She also told me that as we were staying in the same town (different hotel) and they had to be out of their hotel at 11am but their flight wasn't until the evening that we would need to give them a key to our suite so they could dump their bags. We would have offered but we were "told" which annoys me... as it turned out their hotel could hold bags.

The night before the wedding Tony stayed at a friends house and Kath was staying with me at Tony's parents, and her husband was staying with Tony... or so we thought... at 4am the MORNING of the wedding, Kath woke me up to tell me that Aaron had decided he wanted to go back to their hotel instead of staying where he was supposed to, so she was going with him and Tony was driving them. So... yah... that ticked me off. I felt like the whole time i was forced to entertain those that had travelled a long distance as a "thank you".

I would like to say that "the ones that come matter right" but we had maybe 60 something people RSVP, yet 85 people ate food (luckily we had a buffet set up and paid per plate but that pissed me off). My sister in law had her friends come, who sat and ate but didn't even say hello to tony and I. Of the 85 that attended we received 13 cards/notes, some with gifts, some without. I don't care about gifts but yeah, 85 people and you can't even get me a $2 card so I know you came? Apparently it's common-place in the US for people to RSVP and not come, to RSVP "no" and come anyway, or not RSVP at all and come... I was on wedding book (an application/forum on FB) and lots of girls had say 10 people not come but say they were and at $25 a plate they were out $250. That's why tony and i went buffet.

I have to be honest, nearer the date Tony and I were saying we should have just eloped and had an awesome wedding/honeymoon and we're SO happy that part's over! It was more stressful than this visa stuff!

Ohhh, RSVP'ing really annoys me with Americans!! It seems they are so slack with it, or don't feel that it is important to do. At our engagement party, people didn't even bother rsvping, and I had to chase them, or rsvp'ed and didn't even show. It's actually very hurtful and annoying, especially when it's such a special occasion.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

OMG Vanessa...it sounds like every brides nightmare. There is nothing worse then that 'guilt' trip of 'we travelled so far to be here etc' I had that exact thing said to me when I married my ex husband. His Aunt travelled from QLD to the Hunter Valley for the occassion. She arrived a week prior & expected that I would just drop everything & take her sight seeing -- excuse me..not a chance love! The day of my wedding to him his mother kept insisting on accompanying us to the photoshoot after the ceremony...she wasnt happy when I vetoed that one either.

As this is Eric's & my third wedding each we have opted for a very low key affair on our 3 acres at home. There will be no more then 20 people in attendance including us & my daughter. There wont be a honeymoon because of my daughter but once school gets out for the summer we are going away as a family for a weeks vacation. We have tentatively set a date, and our officiant is fluid as she has been through the K1 process & understands about delays etc....but USCIS willing & all going smoothly...our date is set & I will be with my man for my birthday this year :)

BWUs-1.jpg

Our Time Line:

01/31/2009 - Met Online

03/02/2009 - Reservations Made For My Flight To NH

06/11/2009 - Leave For Face To Face Meeting in NH

06/20/2009 - Last Kiss or Touch for 4 Months

07/21/2009 - Flights Booked For Eric To Come Down Under

10/17/2009 - Eric Arrives In Sydney

10/17/2009 - Eric Proposes -- YAY!

10/22/2009 - Engagement Photo Shoot In Sydney Harbour

11/01/2009 - Eric Flies Back To USA To Begin K1 Process.

12/03/2009 - I 129F FILED

12/07/2009 - NOA1

12/10/2009 - Touched

12/12/2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

03/10/2010 - TOUCHED

03/10/2010 - APPROVED!!!!!

03/17/2010 - NVC Sends Petition to Sydney

03/22/2010 - Sydney Receives Petition

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Received

03/23/2010 - Packet 3 Returned To Consulate

03/29/2010 - Packet 4 Received

04/06/2010 - Interview

04/06/2010 - APPROVED!!!!

04/08/2010 - Visa In Hand.

04/10/2010 - FLIGHT TO USA!!!

04/19/2010 - SSN received in mail.

06/05/2010 - MARRIED!!!

09/23/2010 - GC Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.