833 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Batta, as I said previously, you really should involve your congressman at this point. Even if it's just for support, and it would be safer.

I now remember reading VJ people with an iraqi fiancé picking another country ambassy for interview, I think they usually go to Turkey's...

Which made me thinking they don't do visa interviews due to the war situation...

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Batta, as I said previously, you really should involve your congressman at this point. Even if it's just for support, and it would be safer.

I now remember reading VJ people with an iraqi fiancé picking another country ambassy for interview, I think they usually go to Turkey's...

Which made me thinking they don't do visa interviews due to the war situation...

I just got an email from Amman scheduling Wed for him to come and sign the request form but they want all our papers.

I have not sent him anything yet, will they accept copies?

" She's my kind of rain"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Batta, as far as I know, they don't ask for originals but copies. I think you shoud start scanning all the documents and send them to him via e-mail so he can print copies. This is what my baby did. I keep my fingers crossed for you and send you a big hug! You'll see the end of this soon!

Rachel, your pictures are awsome! :) I think it's too early to contact your congressman or even call the USCIS since the given timeline of 5 months have not passed just yet. I'd say just give it a little more time and you will get yours too! A big hug for you too and good vibes!

Our file arrived at the embassy on Friday. I called this morning and they told me that either I wait to have the envelope sent home or I can come in person to pick it up. Since I work close to the embassy I will go personally today at 1 pm to pick up my yellow envelope. :) I am so anxious!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Go VSC!!! We need some more NOA2's approved and we need them now!

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

Timeline

Thanks Kitty.

I spent all Sunday scanning the file. He has everything now printed and in order.

Now Baghdad embassy sent me email stating they have not got the file from NVC yet. I am wondering how long it take for a file to arrive?

I will call NVC today and ask for tracking number.

Beside the online tracking what other option will be??

I hope for everyone else who are still waiting to get their NOA 2 soon.. I know how hard it is.. but still.. the road just at start..

Wishing you all a great week

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

Hello,

I think any document wich involve signature has to be original, like affidavit of support and renewed letter of intend.

The rest can be copies.

Might be a good idea to ask on the general K1 forum.

Bleh, my fiancé and I had a fight last night. It seems the wait is not as hard on him, well he's not under the stress of the packet 3 waiting, and the medical and blabla...

I feel like this pressure is only on me. He seems to be able to live his normal life, while I can not. It's like everything is on stand by for me. I'm super anxious and get angry very easily... :( I hate this whole process....

Timeline

You might want to hear this since it may help:

I came back from the embassy a few minutes ago - I went to pick up the yellow envelope because they told me on the phone I have this option aside from waiting for the post office to bring it home. So, since I am 5 minute away from the embassy, I went there myself, not before they scheduled an appointment for 1 pm over the phone.

The procedure was the same as for people waiting for the interview, except that I went to a different window. The lady was browsing through our file from USCIS, asked me a few questions, gave me a few forms, and specifically asked for the divorce decrees (both his and mine) in original. She asked me to fill in the biometrics form right then and there so I did. When I went to give her the form back I asked when can I bring the rest of the documents to the embassy (aka - returnning the package 3). She said there's no need for me to bring anything else. Just prepare the documents we asked you for and call to schedule the interview. I couldn't believe it! So, starting tomorrow I can call to schedule the interview anytime.

It was quite unexpected! If it wasn't for the hostile attitude of the lady everything would have been perfect. But you can;t have it all, can you? :D

Edited by kitty23

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

Timeline
Hello,

I think any document wich involve signature has to be original, like affidavit of support and renewed letter of intend.

The rest can be copies.

Bleh, my fiancé and I had a fight last night. It seems the wait is not as hard on him, well he's not under the stress of the packet 3 waiting, and the medical and blabla...

I feel like this pressure is only on me. He seems to be able to live his normal life, while I can not. It's like everything is on stand by for me. I'm super anxious and get angry very easily... :( I hate this whole process....

Hi,

I have put copies of all what we submitted to USCIS. I don't think his appointment needed the new form of package 3.

I pray that we have good result. I checked the DHL and see the package still in route to Baghdad..

Now about the fights..

Same thing happened to me this past week and weekend. I told him it is only me stressing while you are cool as a breeze.

He said.. what he can do.. It is a process, and if something is wrong, we already actioned it and we have to wait.

He said I waited 3 years for him to come home, and he cannot understand why cannot wait 5 days...

Women over complicate things... men take it easy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMZ73mT5zM

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

We had a little fight last night too. I think it's something in the air. :) It was nothing really and in the end we realized we're both stressing too much so we started to laugh. Well, waiting it's almost over now. Let's hope it won't take too much longer though!

I will keep you posted.

PS. Batta, it seems that it is ultimately the cousel's decision wether he should have originals or copies.

Hello,

The rest can be copies.

Oh my god, Kitty, Batta & EasternDE we had a bad fight last night too!!! The stress is getting to us all! Its was terrible but we have talked for an hour on skype this morning and Im feeling much better now. We're finding it SO hard being apart! Long distance relationships have a lot to answer for but we've made it this far, we'll be ok. But its so easy to take it out on each other. Try to talk calmly to each other and know that we are all in the same boat. It will all be ok in the end. Russ will be coming over to the UK for two weeks for christmas soon. I cant wait!

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Timeline

Gosh.... I hate those fights, they started as soon as we filed for the petition...

I couldn't get my morning call as we switched to winter time already there's only 5h difference... And I did show up very late at work.... I hate Mondays.

We won't be able to spend Christmas together, so I'm afraid it will get worse in the next weeks... :(

My embassy is very long to send package 3 and 4, it's like a 2 months delay at least before getting the interview date.

I pray for more approvals today!

Timeline

I am so sorry EasternDE! Fortunately the embassy here is very fast. I already booked my flight for December 17. So we will be spending X-mas together with God's help. My interview will probably be scheduled for next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

About fights: we had them too, on and off, since we filled the I129F. But I think we are wise enough to know that it is only stress and when things get heated we just put everything on hold until the next day - sort of sleep on it, right? :)) Then things get right back on track as they should.

Come on VSC, hurry up! Our friends are waiting! :clock:

Edited by kitty23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there! slow day at work so Im reading all the latest posts... :blush:

Kind of made me glad hearing you guys say your men are way too cool about all the process while you are stressing out!! Ive been stressing so bad about little issues in our file and worrying we'll be denied that Ive developped a rash and acid reflux, while he watches UFC fights and goes dirtbiking with his buddies!! lol I LOVE that he is such a calm person, in general, and it's better that we're not both stressballs, but it drives me even more nuts sometimes. All that to say we got into a fight too yesterday afternoon! Anyway, it's all good now, but it makes me feel better to hear it's not just us.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Omg! I've been having acid reflux for a month now! And I never had it before, ever! I haven't thought it could come from the stress.... Nut now you say it.

Well it's just like you said, his main worry right now seems to be his halloween costume... :bonk:

But just like you, I love the fact he's never anxious really or never get impatient. The thing is when I get nervous in real life, he holds me in his arms and it goes away.

There's no such a thing when you're thousands miles away. :(

Thank you Kitty, but anyway this is how I scheduled things, with work, and the moving, I've always expected to move in February or March, so as long as this doesn't change, I'm fine.

I seem to not be able to focus on work today :x

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Omg! I've been having acid reflux for a month now! And I never had it before, ever! I haven't thought it could come from the stress.... Nut now you say it.

Well it's just like you said, his main worry right now seems to be his halloween costume... :bonk:

But just like you, I love the fact he's never anxious really or never get impatient. The thing is when I get nervous in real life, he holds me in his arms and it goes away.

There's no such a thing when you're thousands miles away. :(

Thank you Kitty, but anyway this is how I scheduled things, with work, and the moving, I've always expected to move in February or March, so as long as this doesn't change, I'm fine.

I seem to not be able to focus on work today :x

I know!! Ive never had acid reflux or skin issues ever before either! I bought Tums for the first time in my life the other day! lol I went straight for the extra strength... Oh well... at least we have good men who usually know how to calm us down.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Since we met I used to color my hair 6 months a year just to give it some color.

8 months later in a relationship I started every 3 months... now if you ask me .. it is every 2.5 weeks...

I guess when everything is done... I will have to wear wig :)

" She's my kind of rain"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.