ScottThuy

K1/K3 Preparation for HCMC interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

tuanv has a list of 200 questions that mirror scott's from above but also added onto it. check in another thread or just contact him directly for those waiting for the p3 and p4.

:rofl:

Where do you think he got them? PM me an email address and I can email them to you...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

ha ok yea i figured since this thread was from 2009. very informative list and a must have for your preparation!

i swear if more people know of this forum and their cases are pretty straightforward 90% of the immigration lawyers would need new line of work. not sure why when i got started last year this site didn't come up at the top of google searches.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

those that access this site before filing have a much better likelihood of getting approved.. the #'s have been improving...:thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Also remember they may throw in an odd question or two. As an example they asked my wife what hobbies I had. She answered fish and golf. They asked her who I go fishing with and she said my friend John. Then they asked her what the biggest fish I ever caught. She told them she had no way of knowing that as she never went fishing with me. Of course this was a stupid question and they ask her to try to throw her off balance. I have heard similar strange questions asked also about other interviews. The main thing to remember is that if you don't know then don't try to answer it but say that you don't know. Do not make up stuff.

I have heard them ask a couple of times way back about the weather where he lives and ask about how big the city and population. Explain to her some about the area and what it is like. I took a camera and took pics around town. The park the bay and stuff like that and told her about them. I took the webcam on the laptop and showed her all the house we would live in many times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i'm in the camp that 75% of the time the CO have the blue or pink ready picked before the interview. the "blue" ones will get much tougher questions designed to throw the beneficiary off, while the "pink" just goes through the formalities as long as the beneficiary don't screw it up.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

Also remember they may throw in an odd question or two. As an example they asked my wife what hobbies I had. She answered fish and golf. They asked her who I go fishing with and she said my friend John. Then they asked her what the biggest fish I ever caught. She told them she had no way of knowing that as she never went fishing with me. Of course this was a stupid question and they ask her to try to throw her off balance. I have heard similar strange questions asked also about other interviews. The main thing to remember is that if you don't know then don't try to answer it but say that you don't know. Do not make up stuff.

I have heard them ask a couple of times way back about the weather where he lives and ask about how big the city and population. Explain to her some about the area and what it is like. I took a camera and took pics around town. The park the bay and stuff like that and told her about them. I took the webcam on the laptop and showed her all the house we would live in many times.

Same ####### they did with thuy.. What was the biggest fish he ever caught.. what does he usually catch? with who? where?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.