Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I kept reading your sentence over and over trying to figure out who mat was :rofl:

Then I finally got what you were saying.

Omg I am super dumb today... :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I kept reading your sentence over and over trying to figure out who mat was :rofl:

Then I finally got what you were saying.

Omg I am super dumb today... :lol:

:lol: at least it's Friday :dance:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I like the K1 because nothing says 'i love you' like sitting on your a$$ for a good six months while your husband works his butt off to keep you afloat.

:lol:

:lol: WAIT. that's what Bren says about my CR-1..... <_<

yep, i came in on a cr-1, back in dec 2004, and have yet to really work,lol Easiest way is to find sugar momma/pappa lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

ooooo I like coming home from work to 2 pages!! lol.

I didn't really consider the whole..living miles apart from my husband bit for possibly a long time. I think im going to stick with the K-1 after all...I pretty much have it all down pat and figured out anyways. It's costly, yet effective :D

Thanks all for your input - much appreciated! :)

PS: I also like the thought of sitting on my butt while I wait for an EAD...then for interviews hehehe :lol:

Edited by lollee

*~♥*Timeline*♥~*

Summer of 2008 - Met on World of Warcraft aimlessly killing eachother as Blood Elf hunter

and Human warlock at an earlier date, started talking on vent shortly after

2009/03/27 - Met in person!

2009/06/13 - Second meet. We knew then that we wanted to go for the fiance visa

Filing for K-1 at the end of July - the start of the long(But worth it!) journey begins

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I meant job interviews. But yeah. Id enjoy the nice Florida weather. It's a good change from 24/7 winter lol

*~♥*Timeline*♥~*

Summer of 2008 - Met on World of Warcraft aimlessly killing eachother as Blood Elf hunter

and Human warlock at an earlier date, started talking on vent shortly after

2009/03/27 - Met in person!

2009/06/13 - Second meet. We knew then that we wanted to go for the fiance visa

Filing for K-1 at the end of July - the start of the long(But worth it!) journey begins

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have been reading a lot of stuff on here and what you have all put yet my fiance and I still can't decide. If we do the CR1 we get married and then I would have to come back to Canada for a long time right? If we do the k1 we wait for it to be approved which could take just as much time as the CR1 or less time? then we would have 3 months to get married am I on the right track? So really other than price your still apart possibly for the same amount of time just not after marriage which by the way I wouldnt like to be away from him after we are married but we will do what it takes if it gets me there with him permanently faster. Timing is our priority. I need to be in the US as soon as I can get there not just because of my fiance but other reasons as well to do with my ex here in Canada its more of a safety concern and I have a son (not ex'es child). The other question I have is does it matter if we get married in Canada or the US?

Timeline

Our CR-1 took 9 months, which is about average, K-1's, I dunno they seem close, I guess it depends on where you interview and which service center. we had california. i'd start looking at stats, though i will say, when we filed, california was taking longer, then something happened where they started going faster. obv cr-1's are cheaper, but k-1's do tend to be a bit faster. since you have a child, consider the costs involved with the AOS. i

if you k-1, you have to get married in the US. any other option, doesn't matter. more recent filers can give you a timeline, or you can check it out how fast they're going on the stats pages. as far as safety concerns, get a restraining order

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The k1 should be the fastest route!! "should be" is the key term,lol, when it comes to immigration, nothing is nornmal,lol But to keep things simple, the k1 should be the fastest route

With any of the visas, you CAN visit!! So if you do the cr-1 and want to visit for up to 6 months, go for it! Its all up to the port of entry (POE) officer to let you in or not. Many of us visited with no problems--ensure you bring ties to canada (ie letter from employer, bills, mortgage/lease agreement, immigration paperwork))

in that link I posted before, it gave you the + and - of each visa, ENSURE you look over that. k1 you HAVE toget married in the USA AFTER the interview. and of course with the cr-1 you already have to be married, but can do that in the USA or canada. CR-1 has a lot less restrictions than the k1, again, look over that link I previously posted.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Our CR-1 took 9 months, which is about average, K-1's, I dunno they seem close, I guess it depends on where you interview and which service center. we had california. i'd start looking at stats, though i will say, when we filed, california was taking longer, then something happened where they started going faster. obv cr-1's are cheaper, but k-1's do tend to be a bit faster. since you have a child, consider the costs involved with the AOS. i

if you k-1, you have to get married in the US. any other option, doesn't matter. more recent filers can give you a timeline, or you can check it out how fast they're going on the stats pages. as far as safety concerns, get a restraining order

I tried the restraining order and I was turned down because of lack of evidence. Go figure he can smash the wondow in my truck put sand in the radiator but because the police didnt' fingure print I'm left out in the cold. I really appreciate you help it looks like the CR1 is a good idea because I can visit for 6 months so we'll see!

Timeline
The k1 should be the fastest route!! "should be" is the key term,lol, when it comes to immigration, nothing is nornmal,lol But to keep things simple, the k1 should be the fastest route

With any of the visas, you CAN visit!! So if you do the cr-1 and want to visit for up to 6 months, go for it! Its all up to the port of entry (POE) officer to let you in or not. Many of us visited with no problems--ensure you bring ties to canada (ie letter from employer, bills, mortgage/lease agreement, immigration paperwork))

in that link I posted before, it gave you the + and - of each visa, ENSURE you look over that. k1 you HAVE toget married in the USA AFTER the interview. and of course with the cr-1 you already have to be married, but can do that in the USA or canada. CR-1 has a lot less restrictions than the k1, again, look over that link I previously posted.

thank you so much to both of you the more I think about it the more the CR1 looks appealing I'll talk to my fiance and see what he says. I did read over the link you sent and we are going to go over it together he's working nights and long hours but hopefully we can go over it tonight. Getting closer to a decision YEAH!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.